Direction needed for 1st vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drspoiler103

Hey there FC

Been lurking around a bit and trying to determine best first purchase .
I hate to have to ask but I'm completely stymied by the options available , the shortcomings of most every vaporizer I've looked at and vaporizers that would be suitable for my meager needs .

So...here is a quick overview of what I'm looking for and a rundown of the ones I've considered

I mostly will be using the vaprizer solo and exclusively for dry herbs . On occasion there may be small session work but nothing requiring a massive desktop unit. Portability is great but not entirely a deciding factor as I really don't plan on utilizing much away from the house. Still - some stealth and portability is appreciated. I'd kind of prefer to stay away from torch / butane devices . My first inclination was to look for a versatile one hitter type of capability in a convection device ( but I could be swayed ) if for no other reason than conservation , efficiency and immediacy. Cost - I'd be willing to spend ( possibly ) up to $300 but am , frankly , a bit worried that I'm still not getting quality in some devices for the money spent. Less $ the better if its just going to break and constantly be sent back !!

So - here's what I've considered :
* firefly : love the design and the apparent capability and cleanliness of the unit. My only reservations are with the overall cost ($$) and the consistent battery issues -
* elevape : was willing to work with all the "fiddly" dyi nature of the device and order just this past week but didn't process the order soon enough through the VN 1/2 price sale. Sub $200 I could have worked with but not at the full cost at this point ... Prob missed the boat on this one
* haze - totally don't need a concentrate / oil/ wax option but seemed like a pretty interesting design nonetheless and with a convection option may be efficient enough to be a solution (?)
* mflb - yep. ...considered this for a while almost solely due to the price point and the fact that seemingly everyone has tried one. Design seems like a wood shop project and considerable work to get acquainted with a very touchy device. Been basically told that I would be best to look elsewhere by stores and friends who have used in the past too. ( maybe too much grinding and sipping needed also ?)
* arizer air - another one where the recent sale almost brought me to order. I reconsidered when realizing this is far closer to a interchangeable session unit than a personal device in any sense - certainly not efficient or a "one hitter" design
* pax - yeah ....I moved past this one quickly. Fantastic first impression but far too finicky and a herb hog . Friends love it but it's clearly not for me.

So - there I am. I am tempted to go out and get a mflb ASAP just to move on with this but am worried I'll hate it quickly - similarly I've been on the fence with the firefly just because of the cost ($) and knowing that I'd immediately have to buy batteries !! After that I'm out of ideas - and im real tired of looking at this point . I would live any opinion or suggestion that the forum would have on the subject ( just to get the hunt over with !!!!!)

Thanks ( sorry for the novel )!!!

Drspoiler103,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Mflb or air/solo depending on how important the one hitter aspect is to you. If that is big, nothing hits it yet like the mflb...since you've ruled out the ff and the Elevape.

stickstones,
Reactions: KidFated.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Hi @Drspoiler103 & Welcome to FC !

I really don't understand your "I reconsidered when realizing this is far closer to a interchangeable session unit than a personal device in any sense - certainly not efficient or a "one hitter" design" statement with regard to the AA ?

A low heat session (setting 2-3 on Solo & white on AA)) on either the AA or the Solo is approx 12 mins (for me) and adequate IMO. And both are very efficient (again IMO) with its convection/conduction elements and will give great clouds if you push it. My only view with your consideration is to go Solo since your not looking solely for stealth/portability since it's a larger battery pack requiring less recharging over time.

smokum,

max

Out to lunch
I'd be willing to spend ( possibly ) up to $300 but am , frankly , a bit worried that I'm still not getting quality in some devices for the money spent.
You're shopping in the name brand section. Quality isn't really the issue. I use a cheap Flowermate V5.0, well under $100, for my pocket portable needs, and it's good quality-haven't seen many failure issues reported at all. Like most people shopping for a 1st vape in today's market, you're just having the usual trouble determining which model will suit you the best. Get a model with a good warranty if that's important to you. It's certainly a worthy consideration.
Less $ the better if its just going to break and constantly be sent back !!
As long as you wait until a particular model has been out for a while, and has no 'bugs' that would cause reliability issues, I wouldn't worry that much about it breaking down repeatedly. Even the most expensive electronic products can fail, even right out of the box.

If I were you, and choosing from the models you list, I'd probably go with the Haze. The batteries are user replaceable and a 10 yr. warranty on a vape is hard to beat (except for the MF of course). Very good company svc. too. I don't use concentrates either, but the other pluses, especially replaceable bats, would be big for me.

If I were you, and choosing from a wider range of vapes, I'd consider 2 vapes that I own, and both together would cost a little less than the Haze. The E-Nano from Epicvape is a versatile plug-in model. It can provide small hits or large, and since the load goes in the glass stem, it can be a one hitter. It's under $200 with the FCLOVE code, and as an FC member, you get a lifetime warranty. For portable use, I'd get the Flowermate. It's a simple design, very popular, and a great buy at under $70 , as long as you're willing to wait about 3-4 weeks for delivery. Puffitup.com is also a good option for the FM, with a sale price of $85, and Randy will likely honor the warranty for you as well (they're out of stock but you can still order).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom