Digital Scales... Prices and Quality... Recommendations?

biohacker

@LesPlenty Fuzion T-20: I got mine on eBay and it's awesome. 0.001g (but truthfully 0.01g accuracy) and I use it to weigh up my micro dabs (0.02-0.03ish). Comes with a 20g calibration weight and has a calibration "mode". With that said, even after a year mine was bang on. They're like $25!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That is really an expensive option.
That is the main reason they are in my eBay watch list and not on my rosin bench!
I was thinking about the saying...buy once cry once as this will be my 3rd digital scale and I trust Tanita as a brand as it is Made in Japan which is unlike most digital scales (like most hand tools I find you get what you pay for).
I have even looked at a few ammo reloader scales but even with their higher prices there a lot of negative comments.
You’d be much better off with a 0.001 gm with low gram max.
I might look at a few more of these as my current units are great at 10+grams it is just the really small items that are a problem (even with adding weight at the start and hitting the Tare button).

I checked out the Tank T-20 @biohacker but found a lot of negative reviews, a bit of a lotto to get a good one that will last, price is good though (even avail on Amazon Oz for cheaper freight) and having a max of 20g make me think it should be better at small loads.

Last edited:

biohacker

I checked out the Tank T-20 @biohacker but found a lot of negative reviews, a bit of a lotto to get a good one that will last, price is good though (even avail on Amazon Oz for cheaper freight) and having a max of 20g make me think it should be better at small loads.

I've owned two of them and neither skipped a beat, but yeah they're so affordable that it's really a non issue.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

shredder

MODEL: AWS LB-501

I bought the exact same one 3 years ago as it was what all the ejuice makers recommend. I don’t know how accurate it is when we are discussing weighing TINY “dabs”, since I just go by eye. But with the included calibration weight, low cost, it’s been accurate for all my other uses.

When I looked up my amazon order I noticed its 6 years old now. It no longer works off batteries, but its still accurate. I calibrate it roughly yearly. As a caregiver that supplies herb and rosin it sees frequent use. The dish holds well over an ounce of weed and is super handy. It goes to 500 gr. And at 0.01 accuracy its good for rosin grams.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hey, @LesPlenty, this EU co seems worthwhile investigating to me. Marketing their wares through IG. Seems well-respected with a large selection. Ck. it out & get back to me with what you think. :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@Summer I think the ones you listed are just cheapo Chinese rebrands as the following is exactly the same as the current one I have...only more expensive and mine came with a calibration weight,
I do not actually weigh single dabs, I just want something that is quality instead of the usual cheapo Chinese offerings so I can track my pressings better as I don't 100% trust this one (weighing 6 times then averaging soon gets old)
This is all for my own use so it is not as if I am ripping myself or anyone else off.

biohacker

@Summer I think the ones you listed are just cheapo Chinese rebrands as the following is exactly the same as the current one I have...only more expensive and mine came with a calibration weight,

That one definitely isn't even worth half of what they want.

weighing 6 times then averaging soon gets old)

:o This practice must cease immediately! :lol:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have noticed a few reviews of the cheaper units that say they need a bit of weight before the sensor starts working. The main thing I want to weigh is the occasional stem or 3 from a 10g load of buds that I prepare for a rosin puck as I pick some of the bigger buds apart to fit in the puck maker. I just wonder how far under my 10g puck is by the time it hits the press. My current scales do not register a small piece of stem...or 3!
I think I may try a Tank T-20...one more go at a cheapie...I just have to check a few of my rosin containers to see if they can be Tared and still come under on 20g limit of those scales.

biohacker

I think I may try a Tank T-20...one more go at a cheapie...I just have to check a few of my rosin containers to see if they can be Tared and still come under on 20g limit of those scales.

This has definitely been an issue for me with the min. 20g weight. And you're bang on about the bit of weight needed, but with 0.001g accuracy, just consider the 0.01g (fairly) bang on but that 0.001g isn't accurate at all for this very reason, but it's just a cheapie. Worth a shot, mine has lasted maybe 3 years now without a hiccup other than a battery change (screws, they include a screwdriver lol).

Vaporware

Edit: Thanks FlowerPot (or maybe it’s the brownie? :rolleyes:), I just realized that I was responding to the last messages on the previous page while thinking they were the latest messages in the thread... :doh:

I’ll leave the original message here, but it’s already been covered above:

I agree the extra decimal place is important if you’re weighing anything below 0.1g, or even if you need to know whether you’re actually at 0.1 or closer to 0.15, etc.

I wouldn’t really trust any of the scales I’ve used to the last digit, so if I wanted to measure out 0.01 on a scale that only measures to hundredths, I’d be left with 0.0...1?

If I see 0.011 I’ll trust the 0.01 part a lot more. :myday:

Last edited:
Top Bottom