Different methods=different results???

headdoctor

I'm still fairly new to vaping and have a pretty basic question. I can see that different vapes might well produce different amounts of vapor and might taste different--but is the end result, the medicating effect of the process, different? If a vape is activating the cannabinoids, is there really much difference in the end result? Is the final effect with a log vape different from a Solo, etc, etc?

headdoctor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Yes. Temperature seems to change the effects greatly. I personally find different vapes at similar temps usually have different results too. Its magic!

darkrom,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yes. Temperature seems to change the effects greatly. I personally find different vapes at similar temps usually have different results too. Its magic!

Well, it's not really magic. You're right about the temperature-dependent changes, but I think the differences at similar temperatures are due to the temperatures not really being comparable except between others of the same model. Even then, I take these temperatures with a grain of salt. I just finished writing a post on this in another thread.

pakalolo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I was jk about the magic. I just mean vaping "hot" in the HA produces a different high from vaping at a very very similar temp in DBV in my experiences. That's just one random example that comes to mind.

darkrom,

lwien

^^ Could it be that the vapor to air ratio makes a big difference as well?

lwien,

darkrom

Great Scott!
^^ Could it be that the vapor to air ratio makes a big difference as well?

Perhaps. I feel like every vape has so many unique things plus there is so much we don't yet understand about cannabis.

darkrom,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
I wish their were was a more in-depth study on vaporization on cannabis and compares and contrasts different vapes. As informative as this site is, and it is very informative, the advice is mostly given by subjective experience than science. The fault imo is the illegality of cannabis.

JustOnCloud9,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Could it be that the vapor to air ratio makes a big difference as well?

Do bigger hits = bigger high?

I'd figure that the less vapor to air ratio would be more efficient in giving your lungs a better chance at absorbing the vapor, it would just take longer to get the same extraction. Or does more vapor to air ratio force your lungs to absorb more, as there is even less oxygen to interfere?

I would also guess that variable temp vapes could extract more by starting at lower temps, THC, and moving up higher to extract other cannabinoids,

I must keep experimenting in the name of science, :).

Tweak,

SD_haze

Do bigger hits = bigger high?

I'd figure that the less vapor to air ratio would be more efficient in giving your lungs a better chance at absorbing the vapor, it would just take longer to get the same extraction. Or does more vapor to air ratio force your lungs to absorb more, as there is even less oxygen to interfere?

I would also guess that variable temp vapes could extract more by starting at lower temps, THC, and moving up higher to extract other cannabinoids,

I must keep experimenting in the name of science, :).

If you're inhaling very concentrated vapor (high vapor:air ratio) very briefly and then exhaling, then its definitely not very effficient.

If however, you're using re-breathing techniques and keeping the vapor in your lungs for 8+ seconds, then a very concentrated hit is highly efficient at getting you where you want to be ;)
"Bigger high" is hard to say, but more intense peak --> for sure

Additionally, concentrated vapor has a satisfying "lung grab" that appeals to ex-smokers big time. With water filtration its not necessarily a pain or discomfort feeling, but its definitely a sensation that is really hard to feel with diluted/airy vapor hits.

SD_haze,

lwien

I would also guess that variable temp vapes could extract more by starting at lower temps, THC, and moving up higher to extract other cannabinoids....

For me, my daily driver is a fixed temp vape..........a PD. I've had others that did have variable temps, from a whip based vape like Da Buddha to a bag based vape like the Ion, but even with those, once I found the sweet spot (right around 380F), I tended to stay there.

No granted, when I first got those variable temp vapes, I liked going up incrementally through the various temp ranges, but I found that anything less than around 375F, I didn't get the high that I really liked and anything above 380, it started to taste kinda funky.

It's like this. I used to have a four piece grinder and collected keif to use later, but I found that what I like better is to use it all at once, so rather than separating the kief from the herb, I'd prefer to leave it intact. Same goes for vaping at different temps. I like the combination of getting all the cannabinoids at once including the THC.

lwien,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Thanks for sharing you're experiences. Food for thought.

This place rocks.

Tweak,

Vinsane

Pure speculation here, but could the relation between varying highs and applied temperature be due to the fact that perhaps different cannabinoids vaporize at different temperatures?

Vinsane,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Pure speculation here, but could the relation between varying highs and applied temperature be due to the fact that perhaps different cannabinoids vaporize at different temperatures?

It is exactly due to that i believe. Different temperatures vaporize different cannabinoids and terpenoids and other biochemicals with different effects on your body, the strain also plays its part of course.

vorrange,
Top Bottom