• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Didn't use to smoke, started vaping not long ago: what's the best way to microdose?

kepok

I have a very low tolerance from not smoking pretty much ever in my life. I started vaping recently and I struggle with the dosage: even 0.10mg will get me very stoned. I'm also not sure the vaporizer works properly with so little, the manual says to pack the dosing capsule (which translates to 0.25g I think).

Would it be better to pack a full capsule but smoke it over several sessions? There is no way I can smoke 0.25g in one session and come out of it conscious. What temps should I use then? Or would it be better to mix regular buds with CBD to "tone down" the herb mix?

My worry is that I will constantly use more than I need to get buzzed and will eventually build up a tolerance faster for no good reason. I'd also like to be able to peruse a little during the day without it automatically meaning I'll be high and unable to function normally for the rest of the day.

kepok,

TastyClouds

I think you've got the right idea. Milk out that low tolerance for as long as possible, that is the key to getting the most out of the plant. Definately buy some good quality bulk CBD and mix that in with your "regular" weed. This will allow you to enjoy more vapor and aid with extraction because using such little weed can make extraction inefficient. Use a scale and track your consumption and stick to a schedule that allows you keep your tolerance in a good place. You might also consider other vapes that are better suited for microdosing if this is doing to be a long term routine.

I recently discovered the wonders of CBD flower and how good it is for managing tolerance and wished I had done so years ago. Plus it has its own benefits on its own.

Steamer

Hi @kepok and welcome to FC!

Dynavap is always a very good choice, costs around 60-70 euros/dollars and hits like a dream. The bowl holds 100mg in default setting but is adjustable to 50mg. But in essence, you could only pack 20mg in the bowl (even with default setting) and still get a good hit.

kepok

that's a terrible micro doser. you want something that is on demand like a xmax V3 (budget) or tinymight (midrange)
It's the one I have for now. The only solution can't be to get rid of it and buy something else, surely people still use the Mighty and micro-dose?

kepok,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's the one I have for now. The only solution can't be to get rid of it and buy something else, surely people still use the Mighty and micro-dose?

Yeah some people do, but mighty really is not a good vape for that, aside from slow heat up constant cooking session style, I think mainly because it has a decent size bowl that is wide, it is hard to just load only enough to cover the screen, maybe try doing that though, without the capsule, I honestly hate the capsules a lot lol also if you are using a tiny amount you will have to turn the temps higher than when you're loading more, so you can fully extract that microdose...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Wasnt there some kind of trick with puting a concentrate pad on top of your load ?
I have recently seen glass chamber reducers,which might help .
https://vaporshop.pl/en/420vape/4142-mighty-crafty-420vape-glass-chamber-reducer.html (Europe)
mighty-crafty-420vape-glass-chamber-reducer.jpg
mighty-crafty-420vape-glass-chamber-reducer.webp

Vaporware

@kepok Some people use capsules and pull them out mid session. If you mix some CBD in and pull the capsule after a draw or two that might be enough to get you the results you want. If you don’t take the capsule out though, it will keep cooking until it cools down.

You certainly don’t have to buy a different vaporizer, but the Mighty is made for full sessions of larger amounts rather than micro-dosing, that’s why you have to try some tricks to get it to work the way you want.

If you ever decide to buy something else, make sure it’s on demand and that it works well with small amounts. :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I used to put an inverted dosing capsule lid on top of the herb, helps a bit; but S&B stuff all has larger bowls. Even the dosing capsule holds ~.15

But yeah, the Mighty is more of a joint smoking type experience, you can do a few heatups on the same bowl or capsule, but the vapor quality won't really be as good as a one hitter type. If you're not a flavor chaser there's nothing particularly bad about it, though the longer heatup makes it less appealing for small doses.

The Tafee Bowle is the closest thing to a "microdose Mighty" that I've tried.

Dynavap on the half bowl setting is an excellent sized hit, IMO.

My 14mm Sandcastle Junior is excellent with small doses, but it's even more "manual" than the Dyna, with no temperature indication.

Not saying you have to dump the Mighty, but I think you're seeing the trend that it's really not the best tool for this particular job.

Cutting with hemp might be a good solution, though the data shows it getting people more stoned when cut in, despite being a CB1 antagonist.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I assume you mean the Might is a terrible micro doser and not the Dynavap.
I that case I agree wholeheartedly. :)
yes it was unfortunately bad timing of my post saying that's terrible after the Dynavap recommendation which came in while I was typing, Dyna is a fantastic micro doser. ;)

@kepok the mighty will always be a poor microdoser, though you can do things like cutting with cbd, using a capsule and dumping after a few hits, or using a liquid pad as a oven filler ext.... but it will always be not as good for micro dosing as others are. reheating the load wastes material with a session style vape like the mighty and increasing the temp every time you reload will be a different experience high wise session to session. with something like the V3 or tinymight and a wpa you can load only exactly what you want and consume it in one session which effect wise will be more consistent and controllable, with the added benefit of never having to come back to a bland stale load which for me is not as enjoyable, taste and effects.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My worry is that I will constantly use more than I need to get buzzed and will eventually build up a tolerance faster for no good reason.

A bit of tolerance is a good thing.

I never look forward to the first few times I get high after a tolerance-killing brake.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A bit of tolerance is a good thing.

I never look forward to the first few times I get high after a tolerance-killing brake.
IMO it is like with food. You gotta consume just the right amount you can burn in one day :).There is golden middle in almost anything. I do not feel my tolerance going up or down,but i am also not abusing and consuming almost the same amount everyday ;).

Bad Dog

consuming almost the same amount everyday ;).
this is my way as well. I'm a reliable micro doser and occasional macro doser, so I can kind of see where @Ramahs is coming from. if I have a vape heavy day and switch back to my regular micro dosing the next day, I still get high but not as high and I'm more functional for a day or two if I stick with it. but frankly I love my shity tolerance and really only vape regular thc flower at night, during the day I use a 1:2 skunk haze that comes in at 5%thc and 10%cbd and for my purposes that is all I need for during the day but when I switch to my reg flower I don't have anything weaker than 19%thc and up to 28%thc and man do I get baked in the evening! I also use the same size bowl typically weather high or low thc I stay at .05g.

kepok

you want something that is on demand
I don't understand the difference. Why is on-demand better in my case? Doesn't it heat the weed up all the same? On-demand and session both stop when I press the off button, right? So if I use a session vape to take a few hits then switch it off and pull the capsule out, isn't it the same as an on-demand vape where I leave the material in (although it might still be heated while the device cools down)?

kepok,

Vaporware

Yeah, that’s the idea I was referring to when I mentioned taking the capsules out before. If you pull them out right after you’re done, apart from any heat left in the capsules they’ll stop cooking. That will deal the on demand part fairly well and it’s a perfectly valid option if it works for you.

What a lot of us prefer in on demand devices is pure convection heating which lets you leave the load in place and use it as little or as much as you want at any time. They can preserve flavor better over multiple sessions too, and most can provide more vapor faster than pure conduction heaters.

The Mighty uses a hybrid heater and from what I’ve seen it has fairly solid performance. I went with a Firewood 7 in that category and I’m very happy with my choice, but a lot of people love the Mighty too, so if you’re good with the workarounds I think you should just give them a shot. It can certainly get the job done, it’s just not the ideal device for what you want.

Bad Dog

Is that a particular strain or is that you mixing high thc buds with cbd buds to achieve it?
yes its a low thc high cbd strain, i'm still looking for a pure cbd strain I enjoy as much.
I don't understand the difference. Why is on-demand better in my case? Doesn't it heat the weed up all the same? On-demand and session both stop when I press the off button, right? So if I use a session vape to take a few hits then switch it off and pull the capsule out, isn't it the same as an on-demand vape where I leave the material in (although it might still be heated while the device cools down)?
with the mighty which is a session style vape its intended purpose is to vape the full bowl in one sitting, they continuously heat your herb all the time.

on demand is only hot while you are using the vape, once you stop hitting it it starts to cool down and doesn't get hot again till you activate it again.

there is less waste with on demand and it also has the advantage of being able to vape at you leisure, taking hits when you feel like it rather than hurrying the session along because your herb is being continuously heated in a session style. a major advantage for micro dosing.

with something like a V3 or tinymight has a major advantage especially using a wpa (water pipe adapter), with the wpa you can load a tiny amount because the vape is above the bowl and airflow is down and through the load of herb it does not have to be a larger amount and there are no issues with load stability. what do I mean by load stability ?? with the mighty you need a minimum load size for the vape to properly work, to little and the load will drift and be blown around in the bowl not vaping well if at all. a tinymight and wpa doesn't have that same restraint.

Robert-in-YEG

I have a very low tolerance from not smoking pretty much ever in my life. I started vaping recently and I struggle with the dosage: even 0.10mg will get me very stoned. I'm also not sure the vaporizer works properly with so little, the manual says to pack the dosing capsule (which translates to 0.25g I think).

Would it be better to pack a full capsule but smoke it over several sessions? There is no way I can smoke 0.25g in one session and come out of it conscious. What temps should I use then? Or would it be better to mix regular buds with CBD to "tone down" the herb mix?

My worry is that I will constantly use more than I need to get buzzed and will eventually build up a tolerance faster for no good reason. I'd also like to be able to peruse a little during the day without it automatically meaning I'll be high and unable to function normally for the rest of the day.
Low tolerance passes; always.

My suggestion would be a convection vape like the V3 Pro. For me, conduction vapes produce more psychoactive effects than convection. This may not be the same for you, but the type of vape is worth considering. The Mighty has a hybrid oven, lots of people use it, but it isn't a vape I have experienced. For $100 (+ mouthpieces, batteries, and other bits), you can't go wrong with the V3 Pro. It never hurts to have an extra vape or two in your stable.

You can use the V3 with dosing capsules, even in 'session mode', it is like a demand vape. You do not need to finish a session; leftovers taste fine. Measure don't guess. I do not use dosing capsules, but with the V3 Pro a session can be as long or short as you like. Measure, load, notice the ritual, and enjoy the ritual. Rituals have power.

Taking CBD helps with tolerance, as does a good healthy diet. I don't get good results on an empty stomach.

Robert-in-YEG

“Don't confuse the teacher with the lesson, the ritual with the ecstasy, the transmitter of the symbol with the symbol itself.”
― Neil Gaiman, Stardust

Last edited:
Top Bottom