did you go overboard on vapor equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
so yesterday, i picked me up a mobius bubbler. A new ssv mouthpiece. Ordered an alex k downstem from ALT and some stems for my LB from Ed's. I dont have buyers remorse but feel i did it pretty big as far as one day goes. I guess ive moved pretty fast with two vapes and two bubblers in a month. This stuff is addicting!!! Like tattoos!!

Lets hear some stories about how much damage you've done in a day.

YoGranMazPimp,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I wouldnt necessarily call it 'overboard' but nowdays I think I have my regular rotation that satisfies my needs. When I first got into vaping, I wanted to try every vape I could get my hands on, and try to convince every smoker to vaporization. I have since way slowed down to a level that suits ME. :cool:

AGBeer,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
At least most of it is easy to resell with little profit loss as long as you keep your stuff in good condition and sell it here. Everyone "waste" their money on different things, for you and most here, it is vapes and accessories, for others it can be a starbucks latte everyday or something just as stupid.

I think of it as an investment in my health and mood, and once again it's all so easy to sell and buy new toys!

aesthyrian,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have 2 MFLB's. I have 4 grinders now. Some might say that is excessive because some of the grinders don't get used much, if at all.

Vicki,

turk

turk
.....bought a mouthpiece for my ssv...(should arrive this week)...bought a percei vape (not even shipped yet) even though I have a omicron...not sure if I will do waterbong set-up..

turk,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I think that it is fair to have one daily driver, and one portable, and a glass piece. After that I feel that it can get a little excessive (personal opinion).

Once I got my first log vape I immediately wanted MORE. It is definitely fun trying new vapes

Elluzion,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I think i just need to get past the initial wow factor by all the nice vapor gear and it will level off.

@turk - thats a nice amount of damage for a day ;) i just got me a new ssv mouthpiece too. A blue double helix. Posted a pic in the ssv thread.

YoGranMazPimp,

turk

turk
...yep, I saw it...mines black ,and will be with me this week..I agree the standard mouthpiece left me wanting more...wonder if I will eventually do the waterbong thing attachment...so far I have escaped that....

turk,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
turk said:
...yep, I saw it...mines black ,and will be with me this week..I agree the standard mouthpiece left me wanting more...wonder if I will eventually do the waterbong thing attachment...so far I have escaped that....

In my former smoker days, i always liked bongs and had to get one when i got my vape. Which quickly turned to two! I do pop on my mouthpiece and switch it up quite often cause they give you diff feelings on each, IMO. but theres nothing like a drag off some vape in a water piece and i also did find vaping quite dry and the water helps that.

YoGranMazPimp,

turk

turk
...trying to resist that....that's more "things" I'll have to hide when I have certain guests...not there yet...

turk,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Resistance is futile. It's best to just give in to the dark side. :cool:

Stu,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
overboard? no, but i do take vapor generation seriously -- it's got to be done right -- it's got to my way or no way.

Hippie Dickie,

Nycdeisel

Stu said:
Resistance is futile. It's best to just give in to the dark side. :cool:

Yes.

assimilation.gif

Nycdeisel,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
2clicker said:
turk said:
I agree the standard mouthpiece left me wanting more...

ultimate mouthpiece

http://vaporfection.com/products/aqua-vape-large/

i bought a custom mouthpiece for my DBV, but havent used it since getting the Aqua Vape piece

as far as going overboard. thats all subjective really.

See I start a post about going overboard and then you drop the ultimate mouthpiece and I see it and want it! That's the cycle I'm in. Lol Jk. Nice mouthpiece tho.
:D

YoGranMazPimp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've been vaping for about four years and I have more gear than I should have but the fact that you can resell is true and assuring.
I disagree that there isn't much of a drop in price with used. Most of the vapes I own were bought used, and they were bought used because they were "good deals."
One exception is a used PD I have - it was available immediately, and there used to be a long wait list to get one.
It would be nice, I think, to move toward selling my unused vapes. For example I have two Vapor Bros and two Vapor Box's - both great box vapes but one is enough.
With log vapes, though, they are actually beautiful things to me, they don't take up much room, and it's nice to have a little collection of them.
For the most part the mania - "vaporizer acquisition syndrome" - does level off after a while.

jeffp,

turk

turk
....that's good to hear jeffp....4 years over 2 thousand posts...I'd say you know what you're talking about...

turk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
turk said:
....that's good to hear jeffp....4 years over 2 thousand posts...I'd say you know what you're talking about...

thanks but i'm more of a fan than an expert by any stretch....

jeffp,

lwien

turk said:

I have over 5800 posts and I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about 'cause if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't need 5800 posts to get my point across. :brow: Jeff, on the other hand, knows his shit. :)

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
turk said:

I have over 5800 posts and I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about 'cause if I did, I sure as hell wouldn't need 5800 posts to get my point across. :brow: Jeff, on the other hand, knows his shit. :)

I think it's fair to say that we both know what we like and why we like it. For the purpose of giving guidance I think we are equally knowledgeable and capable. For glass I know you have a mini beaker and I have a straight tube which are sort of equivalent. If I wanted solid info for vaporizers I would ask Vitolo and for glass NYCDeisel. I think those are the two most knowledgeable people here in those areas.

That said, if you need to buy another vaporizer and are curious about old school box vapes, the "vapor box" is a steal at about $140 on Ebay. It's every bit as good a performer as the much more expensive Vapor Bros, has a real lifetime repair warranty, and has its own next generation two piece wand. Also has a separate on/off switch so you can keep the temp dial set at your preferred temperature level.

jeffp,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I have severe VAS. Just started vaping so it's likely to be a while until I calm down. I'm in the throes of it right now and FC members get a play-by-play. Just got my third vape--a MFLB, after the iolite and viVape. I had to get the PA with the MFLB, and the WPA is soon to follow. I also got the Aqua vape with the viVape. I'm impatiently waiting for an HI from Alan and the VXC I pre-ordered. All this and I'm still only learning to use my vapes. Great fun!!

Vapinghole,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
^^^wow three vapes in a short time is a nice upgrade. I went for some glass pieces after getting my ssv and mflb... I think im good on vapes for a while just accessorizing now.

YoGranMazPimp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom