Desktop vaporizer on demand and good for herb and less importantly concentrate. Microdosing and bigger loads too.

Mr_SpaceCadet

I like to be able to use 0.03-0.07g, and I'd like to be able to use even less like .01g.

I may want to macrodose up to like 0.3, max 0.5g or something, I'm not sure what to set the limit at since I don't usually measure when I do that with a rimless basket and WPA w Tubo/Tetra. I doubt I'd actually use .5g though. Mostly for nights I'm having trouble with pain or sleep.

I want to be able to use d8 distillate and cbd concentrates in it, but I'm not quite sure if it's 100% a must.

I was thinking Arizer EQ with ddave mods maybe, enano, underdog, and the ditanium.

But I'm not quite sure if I'll mind the temperature dial as opposed to digital. I like to target terpenes and cannabinoids and it seems like it would be harder to figure out?

I'm also a little concerned about draw technique.

I want a desktop largely because I'm sick of changing batteries and I don't like having to heat up the glass to get optimal results from my vapes and because I'd like to more easily just take a hit or a few hits here and there. Also more power and versatility.

My budget is around $200, $250. I could possibly go up to $300 though. One thing that I'm not sure how to factor in is the possibility of moving back into the dorm for my spring and final semester, so it would probably be better to get something easy to move, hide.

Mr_SpaceCadet,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I like to be able to use 0.03-0.07g, and I'd like to be able to use even less like .01g.

I may want to macrodose up to like 0.3, max 0.5g or something, I'm not sure what to set the limit at since I don't usually measure when I do that with a rimless basket and WPA w Tubo/Tetra. I doubt I'd actually use .5g though. Mostly for nights I'm having trouble with pain or sleep.

My budget is around $200, $250. I could possibly go up to $300 though. One thing that I'm not sure how to factor in is the possibility of moving back into the dorm for my spring and final semester, so it would probably be better to get something easy to move, hide.

So I cant help you at all with the load weights at all, but that last paragraph screams Underdog to me. It's small, simple, and durable enough to move around, pack up, move home, etc. and not worry about misc. parts snapping off in transit.

9/10 you'll be able to leave it hidden in plain sight, plugged in, ready to go. Mine is small enough I can comfortably hold in the palm of one hand, kind of just sits on my dresser waiting to be used.

I would imagine you should be able to leave it on your desk in your dorm without an issue. UD sells "aromatherapy cups" that I actually got cause I thought my GF would like the scents and shit, but yeah it should work as a great desktop disguise for you. Grab a cup, some beeswax, order some essential oils from amazon, and leave it on your desk as an oil diffuser.

Get back from class or whatever, pull the cup off, crank the voltage a bit, and go to town. The UD has the SS tipped stems which are amazing for smaller loads, and the glass stems for bigger ones. Again actual weights of loads idk, but its so easy to take back to back to back hits to get wherever you wanna go.

My set up is basically grinder (or Jyarz - which would also help you be discreet) with like 2-3 days of ground flower in it. Stems and grinder within arms reach of UD, walk up to dresser, grab stem and grinder, suck up a bit of flower, bring UD to stem, inhale, blow out spent herb, re load if necessary, or continue on with whatever I was doing before.

No experience with using or attempting to use concentrate in it though.

Mr_SpaceCadet

So I cant help you at all with the load weights at all, but that last paragraph screams Underdog to me. It's small, simple, and durable enough to move around, pack up, move home, etc. and not worry about misc. parts snapping off in transit.

9/10 you'll be able to leave it hidden in plain sight, plugged in, ready to go. Mine is small enough I can comfortably hold in the palm of one hand, kind of just sits on my dresser waiting to be used.

I would imagine you should be able to leave it on your desk in your dorm without an issue. UD sells "aromatherapy cups" that I actually got cause I thought my GF would like the scents and shit, but yeah it should work as a great desktop disguise for you. Grab a cup, some beeswax, order some essential oils from amazon, and leave it on your desk as an oil diffuser.

Get back from class or whatever, pull the cup off, crank the voltage a bit, and go to town. The UD has the SS tipped stems which are amazing for smaller loads, and the glass stems for bigger ones. Again actual weights of loads idk, but its so easy to take back to back to back hits to get wherever you wanna go.

My set up is basically grinder (or Jyarz - which would also help you be discreet) with like 2-3 days of ground flower in it. Stems and grinder within arms reach of UD, walk up to dresser, grab stem and grinder, suck up a bit of flower, bring UD to stem, inhale, blow out spent herb, re load if necessary, or continue on with whatever I was doing before.

No experience with using or attempting to use concentrate in it though.
Thanks, why the Underdog vs the enano? Not sure how I really feel about repacking a bunch because I feel like I get better effects by temp stepping rather than high temperature hits so it takes me longer.

Mr_SpaceCadet,
I second Underdog. E-Nano would work too, or a Woodscents, but those stainless steel UD tips are perfect for microdosing.

If you’re vaping less than .05g, temp stepping is kinda irrelevant IMO. The UD is gonna crush that load in a hit or two either way. Reloading is so fast and easy with a log if you need more.

letter never sent,
Reactions: BrianTL

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks, why the Underdog vs the enano? Not sure how I really feel about repacking a bunch because I feel like I get better effects by temp stepping rather than high temperature hits so it takes me longer.

Can't compare to the e nano cause I've never used it, decided I wanted a log and looked into a couple. I liked what I was reading/seeing about underdog the most and I went with them and I've had zero regrets. Dealing with them before during and after the sale was extremely pleasant and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Although as far as I know, the stems aren't exactly the same with other logs, and the underdog stems are really one of the biggest selling points, IMO.

I love temp stepping too, but like @letter never sent said, the temp stepping in this set up is sort of irrelevant. I do it with my vapes that are capable of it and enjoy it, just never saw a need or even missed temp stepping when hitting the underdog.

Repacking is also basically a non issue, for me anyway. Its far from tedious. I actually enjoy it a little bit - trying to think of something to compare it to, but coming up blank. As long as you have ground flower available to load, 5 seconds to clear the spent load and repack is probably average. The stems I prefer are basically metal straws. You blow out the old stuff, suck up the new stuff, knock off the excess with your finger and you're ready to go.

Oh, and trust me the effects are there. It gives you a nice, complete & even extraction. You'd probably be surprised.

BrianTL,
Top Bottom