• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Delta 8 - what should I know?

DillGaff

I'm a pretty huge Delta 8 fan. Got pills and then distillate from Florida Dipsenaries and then Hemp D8 started showing up. I've had some stuff that gives me a headache, some that tastes like shit when vaped, BUT several people are now making D8 distillate with CDT. I've found deltaremedies to have real good tasting stuff that works well and no headaches. I was also able to buy my one CDTs from another source and mix it with the unflavored mycbdhaven distillate. That stuff has also been outstanding. Their CBG Isolate is also really good!

Could Delta-8 marijuana products soon be a thing of the past in Florida?​

After years of partisan squabbling over the fate of Florida’s medical marijuana program, Democrats and Republicans are coming together to push what they’re calling a major reform bill.

It could make it a lot harder for Floridians to get their hands on delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) products.

Those smokable and edible products have been part of a fast-growing market in Florida. Because of a loophole in the 2018 farm bill passed by Congress, hemp products containing lots of Delta-8 aren’t regulated like marijuana products heavy in the psychoactive delta-9 THC compound — even though the compounds are extremely similar. Delta-9 produces the euphoric effect felt by users of medical and recreational marijuana.

DillGaff,

florduh

Could Delta-8 marijuana products soon be a thing of the past in Florida?​

After years of partisan squabbling over the fate of Florida’s medical marijuana program, Democrats and Republicans are coming together to push what they’re calling a major reform bill.

It could make it a lot harder for Floridians to get their hands on delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) products.

Those smokable and edible products have been part of a fast-growing market in Florida. Because of a loophole in the 2018 farm bill passed by Congress, hemp products containing lots of Delta-8 aren’t regulated like marijuana products heavy in the psychoactive delta-9 THC compound — even though the compounds are extremely similar. Delta-9 produces the euphoric effect felt by users of medical and recreational marijuana.

Oh, fuck off. Why? What's the point? Dumbfucks.

Although this same proposed law extends medical cards for two years instead of one. A spoonful of sugar makes the bullshit go down, I guess.

florduh,
Reactions: Planck

EverythingsHazy

Some of the delis in my area have started selling Delta-8 flower. Do you guys think it's just hemp buds that are treated with some sort of extraction? Now, I'm curious, and I'm glad that I haven't tried them.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: florduh

DillGaff

A legal loophole allows the sale of 'Delta 8' cannabis in Wisconsin​

3 Tall Pines Farm turns hemp into THC products that are being sold across the state

DillGaff,

florduh

The Hemp Barn, a company I've trusted for years, carries bulk Delta 8 now.

We currently only source Delta 8 distillate from Mission Lago in Medford, OR since they are a state and federally registered hemp extraction facility that works with DEA accredited labs to ensure a compliant product from the get go. We then send each batch we receive to both an ISO accredited lab (PharmLabs) & State Commissioned Medical Marijuana Lab (Pinnacle CT, Inc.) which is fully accredited by the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission as an Independent Testing Laboratory. No mystery suppliers, sketchy labs, questionable products etc.

If you're interested in D8, but worried about getting the product of bathtub chemistry in your mailbox, this might be a good option. Way more expensive than their competitors. But still a crazy price for a full ounce of concentrate.

florduh,

skyline

I stumbled upon Delta 8 back in October - tried what I thought was a CBD cartridge from a local glass shop and was promptly floored by the feeling. It felt too similar to a normal D9 cart, so I checked the label and saw it was actually Delta 8. After some research online (mostly on reddit lol), I came to find out a lot of what's already been discussed in this thread. Things like how Delta 8 has a milder effect than Delta 9, had fewer of the negative effects associated with Delta 9, and how the industry is new and relatively unregulated compared to the medical cannabis industry. In my experience, the reduction of negative effects has been real (ie. both during use [lethargy, anxiety, short-term memory loss, poor focus] and next day effects [irritability, brain fog, poor recall from during use]). It's been enough to convert me to primarily using Delta 8 and saving Delta 9 for weekly or less frequent use.

After looking around extensively online, I came across a Delta 8 company called 3chi which seemed pretty legit from what I've read. I learned they'd been around since the beginning of Delta 8 being a thing, and iirc, played a big part in the rapid growth and commercialization of the Delta 8 industry. What sold me though, was their extensive testing of their product (https://www.3chi.com/delta-8-lab-testing-results/). It seems like they test all of their products regularly and publicize the results for cannabinoid profiles, terpene profiles, heavy metals, mycotoxins, pesticides, solvents, and pathogens.

Their cartridges have been my go-to lately. I had some fun trying their different "strains" - they offer a bunch, each differentiated by unique terpene profiles. For me, each "strain" actually does produce a noticeably different effect, and really drove home for me how big a role terpenes play in the effects we experience with cannabis. I actually liked them so much I bought an oz of D8 distillate and some terpenes to make my own carts - made it even cheaper in the long run!

My recommendations for cartridge strains are: Snowman (sooo good), Blue Dream, God's Gift, Pineapple Express. They also have carts with "focused blends" that include other cannabinoids in ratios tailored for different effects. I haven't tried any besides "Comfortably Numb", which includes a good portion of CBN which is amazing right before bedtime. :smug:

IMG_3394.jpg

Last edited:

kurtttttt

Mod Note: Edited out commercial link
I recently switched to delta-8 from d9, and honestly, d8 has been growing on me. I get my stuff online and so far, the most noticeable difference is that I don't get that paranoia or anxiety like I used to get on d9. I still get the benefits from d9 in d8 like the pain relief and hunger (I'm trying to gain weight), so I'm happy about that. Only thing I'll say is that you still get that brain fog the morning after if you like smoking at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
kurtttttt,
Top Bottom