• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Delta 8 - what should I know?

RxPlorer

Recently seeing reviews of hempiredirect d8-thc products.

Does anyone have experiences they’d like to share?

Is d8-dominant flower available anywhere yet, or will it ever be?

Are d8 extractions solvent-free?

d9-thc is too heady for me, but it’s effective for migraines. Is d8 effective for migraine headache?

What is the bioavailability of orally ingested d8, v. d9, v. Cbd? Oral cbd has been too weak for me, oral d9 has been wildly inconsistent

florduh

So.... it's a mixed bag.

I've tried the hemp derived delta THC stuff, and absolutely loved it. For me, it had many of the benefits of delta 9, without a few of the detriments. I noticed a brighter mood, reduction in nausea and gastrointestinal pain, mild relaxation. It isn't intoxicating. You could easily drive on it. I also found myself becoming more talkative. All in all, a great mild, d9 alternative. Perfect for when you want a little of that cannabis "glow" without being inebriated.

Now... the bad. I don't really trust much of the hemp derived stuff available for sale on the internet any longer. I've purchased a lot of broad spectrum hemp extracts over the past few years. I simply assumed delta 8 was in a similar vein. Unfortunately... it is not. CBD or CBG distillates are extractions from hemp plants. They're not made much differently from cannabis extracts for sale at dispensaries. It turns out delta 8 is not being extracted from hemp/cannabis. Hemp delta 8 is the result of a chemical reaction starting with 99% CBD isolate, converting the CBD into Delta 8 THC.... and a variety of other chemicals some of which are unknown.

Most of the Delta 8 I see sold online is anywhere between 60-80%. The remaining 20-40% is a mix of minor cannabinoids (CBN/CBG). But there is always some percent testing labs can't identify. It's theorized the unknowns are delta 10 THC, an even less psychoactive isomer of THC. No one can say for sure yet though, because labs aren't really set up to test for rare isomers of THC.

The other really concerning aspect is, what chemicals are being used to convert pure CBD into delta 8? I'm not a chemist, but I'm guessing it's nothing I want to be vaping. To the best of my knowledge, none of the vendors online have lab tests showing the solvents they used aren't present in the final product. There's also been an issue with this hemp stuff testing hot for delta 9. It's apparently somewhat hard to convert CBD to D8 without making some D9 in the proccess.

So like I said... a real mixed bag. I've stopped buying hemp derived delta 8 for the time being Which is a real shame. It was easily one of my favorite cannabinoids. I like cannabis, but I don't like being extremely inebriated (most of the time). Delta 8 was a perfect non-intoxicating, but pleasantly psychoactive molecule. But once I learned more about the novel chemistry being used to synthesize it, I decided to take a step back.

Maybe this is simply a case where labs aren't yet equipped properly, and every component of delta 8 oil is safe. Who knows. Personally I'll probably jump on the train again once we have 95+% distillate.

mephisto

Thanks for the information. I had never really considered the method of extraction. The d8 I have had was tested at 85% and it is a unique molecule.....I don't tolerate it as a tincture. Self titrating first tincture dose revealed a very present change of headspace. Not really what I would call high, but unpleasant certainly. The vape version provides a shift in perception that I still don't really appreciate without vaping some CBD flower. I would not use this product without seeing test results from the vendor.

damm

I tried some Oleum D8 (I-502) rec legal made it into some medible pills awhile back. The lack of terpenes causes anxiety for me which is bad otherwise it's not a totally unpleasant experience. Toss in some terps and it would work for me.

florduh

The vape version provides a shift in perception that I still don't really appreciate without vaping some CBD flower.
Interesting. I found vaping d8 oil on its own to be very pleasant. Though the disty I had contained small amounts of CBD and CBG. It also contained cannabis derived terps, so that may have helped.
Toss in some terps and it would work for me.

The stuff I had was flavored with really tasty terps. Tasted like a high quality dispensary cart. Felt like a mild sativa. Head change, but no inebriation.

Honestly if my cannabinoid receptors were less seasoned, I'd probably have said "this is real weed!". Which is why this stuff is so popular. I'm concerned that hemp vendors are flying too close to the sun here. I don't want the Feds to shut down the whole hemp/cbd industry over it.

floribud

I'm a pretty huge Delta 8 fan. Got pills and then distillate from Florida Dipsenaries and then Hemp D8 started showing up. I've had some stuff that gives me a headache, some that tastes like shit when vaped, BUT several people are now making D8 distillate with CDT. I've found deltaremedies to have real good tasting stuff that works well and no headaches. I was also able to buy my one CDTs from another source and mix it with the unflavored mycbdhaven distillate. That stuff has also been outstanding. Their CBG Isolate is also really good!

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I am going to try and combine my D8 with CBD isolate.
I just started trying that and adding terpenes. Even mixing with my other hemp concentrates for the right alchemy. :science:
Also ordered a few pass thru batteries and the PCKT VRTCL on preorder. So that I'm not tied to the battery on another device.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I was also able to buy my one CDTs from another source and mix it with the unflavored mycbdhaven distillate.

I've liked MyCBDHaven's d8 quite a bit. If I recall, it was decently high in CBN as well which gave it a slight "stoney" feeling. I agree, mixing with CDT's changes the game.

I don't want to be a buzzkill, but MCH is one of the vendors that was selling d8 disty that has about 40% "unknowns". They'll tell you this is because labs have trouble detecting rare forms of THC (delta10,11 etc). But we're just sort of taking their word on it. And it's nothing personal. No d8 vendor right now can tell you exactly what's in their oil.

Not saying you shouldn't use it. Just want to make sure everyone understands the risks/rewards up front. I did not. In my opinion the isomerization of rare cannabinoids represents an additional level of risk to consumers over traditional extracts. Just because of the unknowns. We're moving into consuming molecules that may not exist in any cannabis plant.

I really hope the testing labs and vendors can figure this all out soon, because d8 is pretty awesome.

Also ordered a few pass thru batteries and the PCKT VRTCL on preorder.

Nice! Would you mind posting a review when you get it? The VRTCL looks really cool. I just want to hear from someone who used it before I pull the trigger.

floribud

I've liked MyCBDHaven's d8 quite a bit. If I recall, it was decently high in CBN as well which gave it a slight "stoney" feeling. I agree, mixing with CDT's changes the game.

I don't want to be a buzzkill, but MCH is one of the vendors that was selling d8 disty that has about 40% "unknowns". They'll tell you this is because labs have trouble detecting rare forms of THC (delta10,11 etc). But we're just sort of taking their word on it. And it's nothing personal. No d8 vendor right now can tell you exactly what's in their oil.

Not saying you shouldn't use it. Just want to make sure everyone understands the risks/rewards up front. I did not. In my opinion the isomerization of rare cannabinoids represents an additional level of risk to consumers over traditional extracts. Just because of the unknowns. We're moving into consuming molecules that may not exist in any cannabis plant.

I really hope the testing labs and vendors can figure this all out soon, because d8 is pretty awesome.

Nice! Would you mind posting a review when you get it? The VRTCL looks really cool. I just want to hear from someone who used it before I pull the trigger.
I hear ya!

First, I'm waiting for my VRTCL as well! I have the regular PCKT, but the low setting is usually to high for me. I prefer long slow draws at low temps instead of quick high temps burst.

And yeah it seems a lot of those vendors are selling 60% stuff. Not sure I trust those 90% labs that vendors some vendors claim. I got some Apical Greens D8 which is supposed to be 86%, but the Sundae Driver tasted like crap to me, actually tasted a lot like Grow Healthy's Ghost Rider which was probably my least favorite CDT CO2 oil that I've ever had, well except for LHS, but Apical's Blue Dream was okay). But still, what's that other 14%?

CuckFumbustion

Adding CBD isolate to my Delta 8 definitely adds a little tart flavor to the mix and makes the delta 8 behave a little less solid. BTW any advice on adding terps to distillate would be appreciated on this thread. Instead of me just winging it . :\

Ordered 2 pass-thru pen vapes and also waiting on the VRTCL to be manufactured. I msged the company last week and it looks like the end of this month or next month is their estimate. 🤞
I was also able to buy my one CDTs from another source and mix it with the unflavored mycbdhaven distillate.
They are having a sale and have coupon codes, BTW. Can you rec'd where to get CDT isolate and what it is good for? :sherlock:

Any thoughts on 10 dollar cartridge? Got a 10ml syringe from them. It seemed just a little more ribbon candy-like than other D8 distillates I've purchased. FTM, Is that really a thing that I've detected, I wonder? :hmm:

Is Delta 8 distillate Indica or Sativa or is that determined by the terps. OR is that all marketing when it comes to D8 and added terps?

CuckFumbustion,

mephisto

I have several answers to a few of your questions, however, I just vaped my lunch and clarity is fading....be back in a bit. I imagine whatever hemp the d8 was extracted from would slightly determine its tendency.

CuckFumbustion

I have several answers to a few of your questions, however, I just vaped my lunch and clarity is fading....be back in a bit. I imagine whatever hemp the d8 was extracted from would slightly determine its tendency.
:ko: Good on you @mephisto! Looking forwards to your sage advice after the haze.

mephisto

So, I don't think we can assign strain personality traits to d8 per se. This compound has been extracted and then concentrated by massive amounts. To think that any "personality" remains after this is reaching, imo. Adding specific terpenes known to elicit desired responses "may" impact the effect of the d8. I don't think that I can judge effects in more detail than "d8 in its distillate/re-terpinated form gets me foggy, paranoid, disoriented." I am already attempting to eliminate those conditons of being.....Of course I purchased a metric focke tonne of this product, in a rainbow of "flavors". Hey, the price was right. Impulse buying at its best.
My Sis is battling cancer and she can rock hardcore edibles. She took 2ml of the tincture and said it merely made her tired.
I won't play around with edibles ever after some rough self titrating....Hope this provides some type of value.

CuckFumbustion

So, I don't think we can assign strain personality traits to d8 per se.
I know very little on terps and their relation to cannabis, but figured that might be the case. Just that most retailers offer 'indica' ,'sativa' and 'hybrid' Delta 8 products and I wondered if there truly was anything to that. Terps may help with any of the negative effects of D8 perhaps and make it a little easier to work with IME.

I am already attempting to eliminate those conditons of being.....Of course I purchased a metric focke tonne of this product, in a rainbow of "flavors". Hey, the price was right. Impulse buying at its best.
Here is my journey. Started with buying the OG 4 flavors from Hempfire. :borg: Then Apical Farms carts took me to flavor country, however the carts themselves didn't seem reusable. So I looked into actual vape pens, carts and refilling them.

Mixing and melting D8 with my other CBD shatters and concentrates (and rosin!). Testing them in vape pens. Then moving on to buying proper terps. Now I'm trying to narrow down the best choices of flavors to pair with D8 for the best effects. :brow:

Once I get my pass-thru pen batteries, I might quit 'dabbing' with my Cloud Evo altogether.

CuckFumbustion,

mephisto

Your plan aligns with mine. The assortment I got from AG was all " indica".
Their carts are single use, but I intend on opening them and repackaging the contents once mixed with CBD isolate. AG also had distillate syringes available. They load right up into your favorite atomizer tank.

CuckFumbustion

Your plan aligns with mine. The assortment I got from AG was all " indica".
Their carts are single use, but I intend on opening them and repackaging the contents once mixed with CBD isolate. AG also had distillate syringes available. They load right up into your favorite atomizer tank.
So you do see what I'm getting at. :nod: Perhaps all D8 is in a certain sense is 'indica'?

The Hempfire carts are reusable and I've had fun refilling them. There might be a way to open the AG carts that I'm unaware of, But as you pointed out, they do have syringes for the time being. Which will come in handy if you like AG's blend and wanted to add to your fav cart setup. Like say when my ceramic carts arrive from PKCT. :brow:

Currently, I shop for the best price per ml for my D8 and buy some terps separately from Esty. Since I don't know any better. :D

CuckFumbustion,

mephisto

Got a few clean terps that I can recommend for your mixing. Shoot me a dm for suggestions. AG had d8 distillate flavored with sativa vibes as well.....

mephisto,
Reactions: jahama

Kaptan

Has anyone ever tried these products?
Saw some positive reviews on YouTube.

Kaptan,

florduh

I'm a bit iffy on Delta-8 for inhalation. But if you fuck with edibles, I'd suggest picking some up. Your liver converts it to 11-hydroxy THC, just like with Delta-9.

You can pick up 95% D-8 for less than $5 a gram. A 100mg dispensary edible around me runs for $20. And they're all made with distillate anyway.

I find I'll need 20% more D-8 to get a high comparable to a D-9 edible. But, you're still saving a shit ton of money.

Thanks again to Mitch McConnell for accidentally making all this legal.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I'm a bit iffy on Delta-8 for inhalation. But if you fuck with edibles, I'd suggest picking some up. Your liver converts it to 11-hydroxy THC, just like with Delta-9.

You can pick up 95% D-8 for less than $5 a gram. A 100mg dispensary edible around me runs for $20. And they're all made with distillate anyway.

I find I'll need 20% more D-8 to get a high comparable to a D-9 edible. But, you're still saving a shit ton of money.

There is legal changes that could happen Jan I believe. Inhaling d8 distillates leave my mouth and teeth very sticky. I ordered from cannaclear. I can’t seem to get past the taste of any one knows some good recipes for higher dosage im all ears. I parachuted 2.5-3 grams and I died for a day. Pretty intense but ever since the taste has been potent after having it stained in my mouth for days haha

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: danjens

GoldenBud

it just proved the point that the retailers/stores are making more money from D9 because it will get the users much higer? because it has more demand in the market (stoners etc) ? and the D8 is like.. "if we would sell these in the same price as D9 nobody would get em'""
isn't it?
I don't think manufacturing D8 is easier than D9 or the opposite, not sure tho

florduh

it just proved the point that the retailers/stores are making more money from D9 because it will get the users much higer? because it has more demand in the market (stoners etc) ? and the D8 is like.. "if we would sell these in the same price as D9 nobody would get em'""
isn't it?
I don't think manufacturing D8 is easier than D9 or the opposite, not sure tho

D8 is probably most popular in the huge swath of America where cannabis is still illegal. It does get you less high, at least with inhalation. But some people are looking for that. I found the experience of dabbing D8 very enjoyable. You're "elevated" but not inebriated. Unless you over do it.

I don't think D8 is easier to make, but it's gotta be cheaper. Pretty sure they're just converting it from CBD isolate, which is cheap is fuck.

Top Bottom