Deciding between the TinyMight and FW7

Temple

Having a hard time deciding between the TinyMight and the Firewood 7. My main criteria for this new vape is:

1. Vapor flavor/quality (not hot).
2. Ease of use
3. Long battery life (efficient).

Temple,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
not too many people will have both being that the FW7 is still at beta stage but luckily I know someone;). @Shit Snacks, can you enlighten us with your thoughts please?
I predict @Shit Snacks will recommend the Tinymight.

I've never used a Firewood of any vintage. The tiny little mouthpiece looks viable for sipping only in the various clips I've seen of the 4/5/6 in use.

While single cell 1850 vapes are never gonna set records for battery life, I've gotten used to swapping cells when I want to keep using my Tinymight. And while I'll be curious to hear what FW users have to say about the user interface I can't see how squeezing the sides of a wooden vape body could rival the simple and smart UI of the Tinymight. The dial works well through a wide, usable range and the button and haptic feedback are intuitive and effective. My only nitpick is that I consider myself a fast clicker yet still struggle to triple click fast enough to always turn the Tinymight on or off on the first try.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Way too early, I know I was just saying to you AT that the FW7 felt like a conduction TM!

I think I have to give ease of use to the TM, but the FW is newer to me and I am still learning it, though it is not difficult at all frankly...

Vapor quality, again totally different since the heating is totally different, TM is glass stem-based convection and they have the cooling unit which does a great job of cooling the vapor... However with the heating style of the FW it also provides some smooth vapor, though both can absolutely be hot and harsh, they both still have excellent vapor quality because of the power, design, heat tech, and materials used.

And yeah way too soon to talk about battery life, I need more experience, but I think the TM may have the FW beat, but I am still learning it and have not focused on getting the most out of battery yet and it also depends on the batteries used...

Basically you can't really compare these two, they go so well together honestly, you're just going to have to decide what you want... Pricing and availability notwithstanding, they just have completely different technology!

Shit Snacks

Just to update, I am actually seeing very good battery life from both, as well as great flavor and vapor quality! Ofcourse I have not been using the stock setups, I am mostly using with my OGB custom glass pieces:

IMG-20200830-220007.jpg

They really do make a perfect pair, both regulated near instant on demand vapor, only one is convection and one is conduction!

SixStringToker

Naked member
I have to agree with @Shit Snacks; these two vapes compliment each other quite nicely.

Both deliver excellent flavor and are capable of giving massive hits. I think the TM can deliver a slightly bigger hit, but it's not a significant difference. The TM is a bit easier to load since you can just use the stem as a straw; for the FW7, I use an over-sized Underdog stem as a straw and then transfer the herb to the FW (the stem fits perfectly into the FW bowl).

Once you get everything dialed in with the FW7 (load size, grind size, draw strength), it delivers the most even ABV that I've seen since the S&B vapes.

My FW7 definitely burns through batteries more frequently, but I don't consider that an issue since it's so easy to swap the batteries. It probably just takes more power to get the oven up to temp.

I find the vapor from both of these to be too hot w/o additional cooling. The TM's cooling unit does a fair job at cooling, but I find it to be more of a hassle than it's worth. I use water with both (either Sneaky Pete's mini globe or an Elev8 Mini Recessed Recycler). I've found that my spare ditanium tips fit perfectly into the TM stem with a single small piece of heat-shrink tubing acting as a grommet. The ditanium tips also fit nicely into the FW7 WPA with a piece of silicone tubing acting as a grommet.

My only gripe about the FW7 is the button; it's too freakin' small for my calloused fingertips. Sometimes, it doesn't register all of my presses and turns the oven on at the wrong temp as a result. I swear that I can feel it click down into place, but it just doesn't register the press.

50411947563_f5c88dd361_o.jpg

I'm currently using my TinyMight for a single massive hit at 7.5 on the dial and my FW7 as more of a session vape with a starter hit at 350°F, two hits at 400°F and one final hit at 440°F. With the way that I load & draw, that 440° hit is just little bit more toasty than my Mighty @ 410°.

floribud

Just to update, I am actually seeing very good battery life from both, as well as great flavor and vapor quality! Ofcourse I have not been using the stock setups, I am mostly using with my OGB custom glass pieces:

IMG-20200830-220007.jpg

They really do make a perfect pair, both regulated near instant on demand vapor, only one is convection and one is conduction!
What is that stem on the Firewood 7. I need one of those. Looks much better than my J-hook...

floribud,

Shit Snacks

What is that stem on the Firewood 7. I need one of those. Looks much better than my J-hook...

As I say in the post, they are customs made by Oregon Glass Blower, not sure if he is doing them anymore though... Too many folks here were contacting him for glass spiked custom designs, more complicated than this too, so it may cost a lot now if even possible depending on the design?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: floribud
Top Bottom