• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DealXtreme "Honest" Torch... danger warning

SD_haze

This sucker gets a lot of attention here at FC, and for good reason.
sku_6824_1.jpg

Affordable, yet powerful.

Today though, something happened. I picked it up like any other time, pressed down on the button, and it went on. When I depressed the button however, it took about 2-3 seconds for the flame to go off.

It's never done that before, so I became curious and tried using it again.

With a press of the button, a swirl of blue and orange flames shot out of it about two feet forward from the torch head.
:o:o:o

It turns out the slider that you move to keep the flame auto-lit (instead of holding the button) was about 15% of the way moved, instead of at the 0%.

Really felt like this thing was about to explode, so the moral of this story is keep an eye on your flame adjustment sliders:myday:
(and investing in quality engineered torches isn't such a bad idea)

SD_haze,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
HAHA when I came to SF I obviously did not take my torch in the plane but bought one locally. Omicron team provided me with a Rikang chinese torch that did exactly what you're saying SD: Flame going on for 2 sec. after off position, funky sliders and tane delivery to the ignitors...
So happy and secure with my DREMEL Versaflame & my 2 Princes PB-207!!!!

FLskwat,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i had a bad experience with a mini torch.... theyre bombs waiting to go off.... just buy a bed bath and beyond torch, they always just work nicely :)

Xchadb,
Actually, I own the $20 BB&B torch and its fucked up. Sometimes it leaks through the bottom too. I just dont feel safe with the torch. I suggest if you have a Williams and Sonoma anywhere nearby to pick up one of their $50 torches and a couple cans of vector butane. Theyre the only place in my area that i know of that sells vector and quality torches.

VaporBoxed,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
The BB&B, creme brulée, Rikang and other 5-to-20 bux torches are just the same crap IMO & E!
i had a bad experience with a mini torch.... theyre bombs waiting to go off.... just buy a bed bath and beyond torch, they always just work nicely :)
The Prince torch is the total opposite my friend. It's a like the japanese "DG's of mini torches" if that helps you to get my drift! (they are 28 euros which is a lot for a mini, but the price tag has a reason) ;)

FLskwat,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'd just like to find a reliable small triple flame torch without that damn stupid child lock safety bullshit so I can just use one hand to turn-on, light, and turn-0ff.........

smokum,

SD_haze

The BB&B, creme brulée, Rikang and other 5-to-20 bux torches are just the same crap IMO & E!

The Prince torch is the total opposite my friend. It's a like the japanese "DG's of mini torches" if that helps you to get my drift! (they are 28 euros which is a lot for a mini, but the price tag has a reason) ;)

I'm looking at the PB-207, am I wrong or is the top (the part that would get heated up after prolonged torch use) made of some plastic material?

The dealxtreme has a metal tip & my BedBed&Beyond has a ceramic end.

Definitely looking for a new small torch.. was considering one of those affordable small vector torches because of the legit warranty.

SD_haze,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I'm looking at the PB-207, am I wrong or is the top (the part that would get heated up after prolonged torch use) made of some plastic material?

The dealxtreme has a metal tip & my BedBed&Beyond has a ceramic end.

Definitely looking for a new small torch.. was considering one of those affordable small vector torches because of the legit warranty.
it is a ceramic round encasement in an second stainless stell thick one (2 circles one greyish black and one black) and the cap (chained) is plastic... It is VERY high quality (and I have owned vector, colivri and silvermatch small torches), ignition is TOP NOTCH, blocking system and stand is a big pro for that size...and be aware the PB-207 is the size of a BIC. Almost 3 years with 2 of those: never had a problem!

FLskwat,

Raf007

Retailer
my honest mini torch is still up and running after two years, and poor butane some time...although I don't use it much. And having read that, I know for sure I won't buy one again.

Raf007,
Top Bottom