DEA is moving to BAN K2/Spice/JWH-018

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/24/dea-outlaws-chemicals-used-to-make-synthetic-marijuana/?hpt=T2

The DEA has taken emergency action to outlaw chemicals used to make synthetic marijuana, meaning it will be illegal to possess or sell them in the U.S. for at least one year, until further action is taken.

The chemicals used to make "fake pot" products, also known as K2, will be studied by the Department of Health and Human Services to determine whether the chemicals and the products should be permanently controlled, the DEA said.

"Over the past year, smokable herbal blends marketed as being 'legal' and providing a marijuana-like high, have become increasingly popular, particularly among teens and young adults," the DEA said in a statement."These products consist of plant material that has been coated with research chemicals that mimic THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, and are sold at a variety of retail outlets, in head shops and over the Internet. These chemicals, however, have not been approved by the FDA for human consumption, and there is no oversight of the manufacturing process."

AGBeer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
yay, more government mind control at the expense of taxpayers!!!!

OO,

Nycdeisel

Disgusting, they dont have enough shit to do? Oh of course not.....

although these synthetic blends are not AS safe as real botanical cannabis, prohibition is NOT the answer, as we have witnessed in the past.

Nycdeisel,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Nycdeisel said:
Disgusting, they dont have enough shit to do? Oh of course not.....

although these synthetic blends are not AS safe as real botanical cannabis, prohibition is NOT the answer, as we have witnessed in the past.
watch what you say, because as of yet I have seen 0 studies regarding the long or short term health effects of JWH. if you have come across any please do share, i'm certain that a large portion of the community will be thankful.

OO,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Stupid since food regulation is laughable. They could always just, you know... legalize pot thus eliminating the need for synthetic crap, annnnnd make lots of $$$ which is all anyone seems to care about. :rolleyes:

Overall I don't care though, it doesn't affect me and even if it did there are bigger problems and injustices I would focus on.

aesthyrian,

OO

Technical Skeptical
aesthyrian said:
Stupid since food regulation is laughable. They could always just, you know... legalize pot thus eliminating the need for synthetic crap, annnnnd make lots of $$$ which is all anyone seems to care about. :rolleyes:

Overall I don't care though, it doesn't affect me and even if it did there are bigger problems and injustices I would focus on.
obviously $$$ isn't the only thing that people care about, otherwise we would not have the food regulations you talk about.

people care about any number of things, for instance i care about the prohibition of any substance that does not pose an immediate risk to a large portion of a population.

luckily i can define large portion of a population to mean whatever i like, because it is a relative term.

OO,

vapirtoo

In a free society all substances should be legal. Education and medical help should be
the bulwark against drug stupidity.
Sometimes I'm a social darwinist.
DEA...destroy, every, american.

vapirtoo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
vapirtoo said:
In a free society all substances should be legal. Education and medical help should be
the bulwark against drug stupidity.
Sometimes I'm a social darwinist.
DEA...destroy, every, american.

I always thought it was Destroy Every Amendment.

AGBeer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
vapirtoo said:
In a free society all substances should be legal.
what about substaces that would be highly valuable to any terrorist organization?

OO,

george

I think they need to research the health effects of using JWH-018. Then advertise their findings, whether it's ok for your health or bad (or horrible).
If the truth came out from medical research that it caused serious medical/health effects then the consumers would not buy it, or atleast the sales would go down. theres no need to make it illegal.

I believe this should be done for every drug out there and no drug should be illegal....But we dont live in my world. :(

george,

Nycdeisel

Thats bullshit, tobacco and other blends arent FDA approved, yet they are legally sold almost everywhere :rolleyes:

Nycdeisel,

OO

Technical Skeptical
george said:
I think they need to research the health effects of using JWH-018. Then advertise their findings, whether it's ok for your health or bad (or horrible).
If the truth came out from medical research that it caused serious medical/health effects then the consumers would not buy it, or atleast the sales would go down. theres no need to make it illegal.

I believe this should be done for every drug out there and no drug should be illegal....But we dont live in my world. :(
if you give them that argument, they will show you a statistic about tobacco use, something we know kills many every year, yet many continue to do.

they will then say "we need to protect the public"

i will say when it comes to drugs "let the public protect itself"

OO,

george

OO said:
george said:

if you give them that argument, they will show you a statistic about tobacco use, something we know kills many every year, yet many continue to do.

they will then say "we need to protect the public"

i will say when it comes to drugs "let the public protect itself"

very true

I would say the same thing. Also point out to them that they need to outlaw alcohal and tobacco if they really believe that, to be consistent.

george,

Egzoset

Banned
...not just tobacco, all forms of smoking should be identified as a threath to public health...

Egzoset,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Egzoset said:
...not just tobacco, all forms of smoking should be identified as a threath to public health...
so should over-eating.

OO,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah, but one needs to eat to live. You never NEED to smoke. I don't support either btw just saying that the dangers of over eating exist due to a necessity to eat and people's lack of self control and moderation. The danger of smoking exist because it's smoke, there is no necessity to it though.

aesthyrian,

OrGaNiCx

This shit is disgusting anyway so i could care less. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SMOKE POT! Synthetic cannabis??? makes me sick

OrGaNiCx,

george

OrGaNiCx said:
This shit is disgusting anyway so i could care less. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SMOKE POT! Synthetic cannabis??? makes me sick

See, i don't understand this argument and i certainly don't agree with it.

Certainly, this chemical is not a great subsitute for mary jane. It's not as pleasant of a high, could be unhealthy, etc. etc.

But what you said, is just like someone who says "Oh i could care less if pot is illegal, I don't smoke it."
It's selfish in a way.

I guess i'm just expressing my own opinions, since i feel so strongly against making any drug illegal to use for personal use.

george,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah it's dumb to make it illegal when Tobacco, Caffine Alcohol, Asprin, and all sorts of cough medicine with Pseudoephedrine in it. Aspartame, sucralose, mono-sodium glutamate, artificial colors... tons of stuff is bad for you and can harm you, even stuff in our food.

But in the end I still believe this crap will do more harm than good for the legalization of REAL and SAFE herb. People just need some god damned self control.

aesthyrian,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So supposedly quite a few kids have been hospitalized as a result of using the synthetic compound jwh018 only recently as its popularity increased. Now, Ive used the compound myself a number of time but have not noticed a single negative side effect but honestly, I still do think the compound poses a health threat.

Well, after just recently seeing all of the things on the news that have come up about the synthetic cannabis, it is surprising that it still hasn't occurred to people that marijuana is much safer. I mean you have a drug that people have been using for ridiculous amounts of time and you haven't turned on the news to hear that 15 teenagers were in the hospital after using real marijuana. On the other hand, you have a drug that has only recently become popular as an alternative to actual cannabis but already has so much attention from the media and government as being an ACTUALLY dangerous substance.

I still think that what people decide to do to themselves, is completely up to them. Substances shouldn't be illegal because people who want to use the substance will still find a way to do so, and tax payers shouldn't be the ones paying to help stop substance abuse. Just my opinion though. Seems to be pretty on par with what most of you are saying.

HighSti,

lwien

george said:
If the truth came out from medical research that it caused serious medical/health effects then the consumers would not buy it.........

I'm not so sure about that. Did ya ever hear those disclaimers in some of those drug commercials on TV.

"blah, blah, blah...........best thing since sliced bread, but..............it may cause rashes, bleeding of the eyeballs, abnormal heart rhythms, seizures and death"

And this is on prescribed allergy medication. :o

lol.........sure, I think it's worth the risk if it can get rid of my stuffy nose.

lwien,
lwien said:
george said:
If the truth came out from medical research that it caused serious medical/health effects then the consumers would not buy it.........

I'm not so sure about that. Did ya ever hear those disclaimers in some of those drug commercials on TV.

"blah, blah, blah...........best thing since sliced bread, but..............it may cause rashes, bleeding of the eyeballs, abnormal heart rhythms, seizures and death".
http://vaccineliberationarmy.com/category/rooms/death-by-medicine/

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

george

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
lwien said:
george said:

"blah, blah, blah...........best thing since sliced bread, but..............it may cause rashes, bleeding of the eyeballs, abnormal heart rhythms, seizures and death".
http://vaccineliberationarmy.com/category/rooms/death-by-medicine/

Nice link^^some good stuff on there for sure

lwien your right, a lot of people would still buy it. But there's always going to be ignorant people out there, or people who don't care about their health, or just don't do their research.

But people like us :) definately wouldn't care to buy it (whether or not you would in the first place). Atleast i'd hope so......

george,
Top Bottom