• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

Bigpoppafudge420

The capped baskets seem like a friggin genius idea! I imagine it would work super well in situations where you have a very small load and you want to cash it fast as well. Also I don't really mind stirring....until Im about half way through a nice fat EQ session when im really flying high, and I'm sure thats where having these bad boys will shine. Once shipping to Canada from the states settles down a bit Ill have to snag something else from you @DDave as I love my Eq set. Cheers man! I love innovation and this man brings it like few others can!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The capped baskets seem like a friggin genius idea! I imagine it would work super well in situations where you have a very small load and you want to cash it fast as well. Also I don't really mind stirring....until Im about half way through a nice fat EQ session when im really flying high, and I'm sure thats where having these bad boys will shine. Once shipping to Canada from the states settles down a bit Ill have to snag something else from you @DDave as I love my Eq set. Cheers man! I love innovation and this man brings it like few others can!
Thanks for the kind words!

I've got them sized in both 14mm & 18mm, so smallest to largest doses are covered.
Made hot spots and early-toasty-burnt flavor a thing of the past.
Have been rocking a set for a month now and when they really hit a home run for my own vaping sessions, I had to get them produced and offered.

Stay safe!
Dave

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thanks for the kind words!

I've got them sized in both 14mm & 18mm, so smallest to largest doses are covered.
Have been rocking a set for a month now and when they really hit a home run for my own vaping sessions, I had to get them produced and offered.

Stay safe!
Dave

Create those capped baskets for all the popular stem mods, RBT, ModPod, Tiny Might, etc., seems they would be popular.

mr_shady

Um sorry if this is the wrong place, I didn't know where to ask. Ddave is no longer doing mods for DBV/SSV? I've been happily using his kit for years throught there might be new upgrades so checked his site but nothing on there and thread on here gone. So sad! :(

mr_shady,

ninjagaijin

I am new to all this and wondering, if I order a one hitter kit, would it be worth getting the capped baskets also? If so, would it be possible to swap the baskets in a one hitter kit with the capped baskets? It seems like you can't elbow pack with the capped baskets?

ninjagaijin,
Reactions: DDave

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
It seems like you can't elbow pack with the capped baskets?
Correct. You can’t elbow pack with the capped screen. I was confused when I ordered them too. I didn’t really need them so I hacked my capped screens up and made removable lids for normal basket screens. They work pretty well.

ninjagaijin

Correct. You can’t elbow pack with the capped screen. I was confused when I ordered them too. I didn’t really need them so I hacked my capped screens up and made removable lids for normal basket screens. They work pretty well.

Thanks for that report! I'll probably use the elbow packing in the regular baskets, but I ordered the capped baskets too to try em out. Figure can try if smoking without the whip/bubbler or doing bags.

Ddave, what do you prefer, your V3 glass filtered wand or capped baskets? Seeing you rave about the capped baskets I figured skip the glass filter and easier breakability (I'm pretty clumsy sometimes)

ninjagaijin

I just realised I probably won't be able to use the capped baskets for much, since I ordered the 14mm ones - so they will only work easily with the microdose 14mm bowl I'm guessing? Was thinking could use if wanted to put a bit more into the 14mm bowl than would fit in the regular basket elbow packed. Kind of wishing I got an 18mm now since I'm now thinking about concentrate, and it seems like the cheapest way is to buy the volcano liquid pads to use on top of the screen. Guessing would be a lot harder to get one to fit in the 14mm bowl. Probably just buy a titanium nail instead for that to attach to my bubbler

ninjagaijin,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I bought a DDave wand, and added the 18mm CAPPED baskets, even though I don’t have any compatible “EQ” glass, thought they might fit something now or in the future.

But, HOW DO YOU OPEN THESE UP?

RustyOldNail,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I guess I don’t understand the use for these, I went back to the site product page, and don’t get it. I thought these had a REMOVABLE LID, if the basket is sealed, what is it’s purpose?
I was thinking what you were thinking too. After a bit more careful reading I came to the conclusion that these are for better performance for packing the eq bowl. Not an elbow pack like I thought. I guess the thinking is herbs get sucked up into an uncapped basket screen bringing them further from the heat. Ddave also has another hack for this with his V3 wands that have glass screens. Supposedly the capped screen has better air flow and allows less material through than than the V3 wands. Ive never used any of these methods. I have an EQ but always elbow pack.

ninjagaijin

Great to hear the reports back - I figured they would be cool to try microdosing in the 14mm bowl with the capped basket.. but yeah elbow packing probably more useful if like larger amounts.

ninjagaijin,

ninjagaijin

Reporting back, the capped baskets are nice when using the 14mm ddave shortie microdose bowl. You can use more herb by bowl packing and using the capped basket, than with elbow packing the 14mm regular basket. Not sure which method I prefer more, need to experiment some more.

I also chopped off a small section of the whip so I can use as a dedicated 'bag' attachment - since the Arizer bags fit perfectly into the ddave silicone tube. Was thinking about getting a 14mm male to 18mm female adapter to put the Arizer elbow on it, but no need, can just use the titanium piece connected to a shorter length of tube, connected to the bag, with the fan set. Easy! Obviously could whip that way too but no way am I whipping when I can be running it into a bubbler :)

Now I just purchased a 13mm liquid drip pad set to see if I can fit a concentrate pad into the 14mm ddave bowl - planning to use this for a touch of spice. 14mm ddave (not sure if bowl or elbow packed yet) + specific temperature setting + fan setting 1 -> titanium piece + short (6"?) whip section -> Arizer bag, half filled, x2 (capped with bluetack to seal - half filled for quickest inhalation) -> no wasted spice hopefully, and a very quick inhalation method

ninjagaijin,

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I've been emailing back and forth with @DDave and have been given this tip "Using the capped basket screens in any configuration on the EQ, when you begin your draw hit it hard enough so the herb lifts off the center screen and moves up to the basket screen. Once it's moved, there's no need to continue to draw so hard, in fact it's detrimental. Go back to your normal draw speed and finish the draw off."

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
Having been forced to use my Solo II due to a broken heater cover until an hour ago, I can identify two advantages of the DDave setup over stock, at least in my case:
1) I can do way more with less weed
1.5) Stock setups are weed guzzlers. I’m down to an eighth and a half from three eighths plus a refill.
2) It hits way harder. Three hits off the whip and I’m floored, which kind of ties in with point #1

Last edited:
DrömmenOmFrihet,

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
Does anyone have a guide to setting up the bags to work with the mod? I tried once but it proved to be so frustrating I gave up.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
Having been forced to use my Solo II due to a broken heater cover until an hour ago, I can identify two advantages of the DDave setup over stock, at least in my case:
1) I can do way more with less weed
1.5) Stock setups are weed guzzlers. I’m down to an eighth and a half from three eighths plus a refill.
2) It hits way harder. Three hits off the whip and I’m floored, which kind of ties in with point #1
1/8th tsp, e.g his "pinch" measuring spoon?

maskedcorrespondent,

Zander

I’ve been using my eq for 2 years now and like it a lot, but I hear that ddave eq mods really take the eq to a new level and I am terribly curious to find out how much they can improve my eq’s performance 😇 I’m really looking forward to placing an order on ddave’s site!

MoltenTiger

I’ve been using my eq for 2 years now and like it a lot, but I hear that ddave eq mods really take the eq to a new level and I am terribly curious to find out how much they can improve my eq’s performance 😇 I’m really looking forward to placing an order on ddave’s site!
The DDave mod should treat you well! You might have to dial down the temp if you are used to the cyclone bowl.

The EQ is how I quit smoking it is a great device!

Last edited:

Zander

The DDave mod should treat you well! You might have to dial down the temp if you are used to the cyclone bowl.

The EQ is how I quite smoking it is a great device!
that makes sense! I set the temperature at 222 degrees celsius in my eq, and I’m almost always satisfied, but setting it at a lower temperature to get results that are just as good(or perhaps even better 🤤) sounds lovely.

MoltenTiger

that makes sense! I set the temperature at 222 degrees celsius in my eq, and I’m almost always satisfied, but setting it at a lower temperature to get results that are just as good(or perhaps even better 🤤) sounds lovely.
"All the twos" I can't remember the exact set up I had with the EQ but I remember favouring that number at one point. I modded the EQ with a generic adapter before I learned of FC and the DDave mod. I think that is how I wound up here, and I already had the D020 bubbler set up with the EQ on whip.

Those were the days, I used to lose count of EQ baskets at three. It is a nicely powerful unit.
Super handy having the fan function for drying glass adapters after cleaning too.
I miss my unit a little, I sold it a while back.

Blasting balloons from my barbers EQ unit was what made me remember about the concept of vaping, I immediately got one. The MFLB never quite did it. Best move ever getting a tool that delivers the goods, so much healthier.

I hope you enjoy yours and continue to cherish it

Top Bottom