DBV from Half Baked Goods - bum unit?

jackson495

Hey folks -

Not too psyched right now. Arrived home after a long trip to find the DBV I ordered on eBay from Half Baked Goods sitting in my apartment ready to go. Unwrapped it, plugged it in, cranked up the knob and...nothing. I've been staring at it for a half hour waiting for it to show any signs of warming up.

Can I possibly be missing something? Half Baked Goods seems to have an excellent eBay seller rating. Is it possible I just got a bad unit? How often does that happen? I'm going to contact HBG immediately...or should I go right to 7th Floor for a replacement?

I'm so pissed. Can't tell you how much I was looking forward to trying this out. Any advice?

jackson495,

mlo4sho

I'd contact the seller first since the transaction took place on eBay. Good sellers usually will make things right with an unhappy buyer very quickly.

mlo4sho,

jackson495

Thanks, mlo...you're right, and I did that, but then made that post in a moment of frustration. I'm sure I'm just one of the unlucky ones and that it'll be fine, but I was a little nervous because I hadn't seen Half Baked Goods discussed on here much at all. Anyone use them, or can confirm they are a reputable seller?

jackson495,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have had experience with Half Baked, although I didn't buy a vape from them. I purchased replacement parts. There was a problem with the payment site when I checked out and somehow I ended up with 3 orders instead of 1. They were really nice about fixing the problem and their response time was great. I would order from them again. Please let us know how this works out for you. Good luck!

momofthegoons,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
just wanted to point out that 7th floor wont be able to help you, since your warranty won't be accepted because you bought off ebay and not from them or a authorized seller. or is this HBG an authorizered reseller?

regardless, the ebay seller should send you a new one.

best of luck to you.

gettin lifted,

jackson495

Thanks. I knew I should have just gone to the damn store instead of trying to save a few bucks. I was tempted by a meager sales offer and the promise of a free grinder. The grinder's nice, tho.

Anyway, I got an email right away from HBG and they said they'd be happy to ship a new one as soon as I send the defective unit back. I'm a little miffed that they expect me to pay the return shipping when I was sent a broken unit in the first place, so I responded asking for a store credit in the amount of the shipping cost (should be about $15 for 2-3 day shipping I think). Pain in my ass.

We'll see what happens with the replacement unit and their response to my proposal.

jackson495,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
jackson495 said:
Thanks. I knew I should have just gone to the damn store instead of trying to save a few bucks. I was tempted by a meager sales offer and the promise of a free grinder. The grinder's nice, tho.

Anyway, I got an email right away from HBG and they said they'd be happy to ship a new one as soon as I send the defective unit back. I'm a little miffed that they expect me to pay the return shipping when I was sent a broken unit in the first place, so I responded asking for a store credit in the amount of the shipping cost (should be about $15 for 2-3 day shipping I think). Pain in my ass.

We'll see what happens with the replacement unit and their response to my proposal.

Good to hear they're sending you a ew unitm but kinda lame about the shipping charge...if they don't want to give you storcredit for shipping reimbursement, you could propose that they send it via a faster shipping service, then you'll get quicker shipping without paying for it, and get your new (hopefully functional) unit sooner.

Purpl3_Haz3,

jackson495

I'm posting an update for my experience with Half Baked Goods, and if there's anything I can add to this discussion it is this: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM.

I received a non-working Da Buddha unit from them and immediately returned it -- I was on the hook for the cost of the return, though I was able to convince them to issue me a store credit for the amount of the shipping. It's two weeks later and I just received my replacement unit. This one is ALSO broken -- now the glass cover for the ceramic heating element is shattered.

I'm returning it on Monday and asking for a full refund. This is ridiculous. Hopefully anyone reading this will learn from my mistake - by from a reputable seller.

jackson495,

Cloud954

idunno if its half bakeds problem or what but i was having several issues with my DBV's glass

My heater cover randomly shattered and noone could help me not even the store i bought it from. So i ponied up the cash to get a new heater cover from 7th floor.
and when i get it , its just shit, bubbles in the glass around the joint weld... and poor fitment. They also wouldn't help me out when i put my wand in, gave it a twist
and it crackeD! WTF.

I dunno but, until 7th floor isnt shit, im tempted to get a new vaporizer...

Cloud954,

JamImmune

Cloud954 said:
idunno if its half bakeds problem or what but i was having several issues with my DBV's glass

My heater cover randomly shattered and noone could help me not even the store i bought it from. So i ponied up the cash to get a new heater cover from 7th floor.
and when i get it , its just shit, bubbles in the glass around the joint weld... and poor fitment. They also wouldn't help me out when i put my wand in, gave it a twist
and it crackeD! WTF.

I dunno but, until 7th floor isnt shit, im tempted to get a new vaporizer...

I'm still waiting for my SSV, but have heard good and bad about the 7th Floor products. Reminds me of the nursery rhyme - When she was good.

"When she was good, she was very very good but when she was bad she was horrid"

JamImmune,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@Cloud954
Sorry to hear of your problems. I am having some issues with the Life Sabre Vaporizer from 7th Floor heat cover as well. Counting the one that came with it(which was noticeably shorter than the 2nd one they sent me), I will be on my 3rd when the new one arrives(in a box with no instructions on proper install for best fit.)There are others in the LSV forum on their 5th heat cover. From what I was told, they lost one of their glass blowers. I have a Da Budda that has a much better feel with all of the glass than my newer LSV. Hopefully they will get glass issues corrected soon.

Without FC, I'd really be screwed. Such a great informative place to share ideas and get some help.

Silver420Surfer,
Top Bottom