jamhead

Is it a step back though? Based on the limited LEDs, is there only smart path options now? Is the lid plastic?

Curious since other vape companies, generally, are becoming more innovative and the once leader in innovation appears to be stagnant (I don’t consider the IQC an improvement over the IQ2). Same technology now for years.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I mean it's obviously a step back, the C it's just supposed to be a budget version no? Adding better charging just because it's newer, nothing to see here really, just trying to upgrade old stock without changing much, they probably won't make any more of the originals once they sell out maybe?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Is it a step back though? Based on the limited LEDs, is there only smart path options now? Is the lid plastic?

Curious since other vape companies, generally, are becoming more innovative and the once leader in innovation appears to be stagnant (I don’t consider the IQC an improvement over the IQ2). Same technology now for years.
I don’t think they took away standard temp options, but maybe @Davinci_vaporizer can clarify for us?
Also, not sure what the micro lid is/was (I handed it off to someone a few months ago and they haven’t given it back yet!) but the inside of the lid is completely covered in the ceramic, so if they changed the outside, it shouldn’t effect the air path at all. (excluding the silicon pearl holder which is probably the same as before)

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Last year Davinci Vaporizer was sold. New owners usually make changes. Fingers crossed Davinci is able to maintain their dedication to purity and creating innovative and no compromise products.

Having said the above, with global inflation at arguably record high's and to retain the Micro's affordability, Davinci chose a similar build to the IQC. Plenty of owners are perfectly happy with their IQC's. Both the IQC and Micro-C have five year warranties. Well done Davinci.

micro.png

Spin0620

Last year Davinci Vaporizer was sold. New owners usually make changes. Fingers crossed Davinci is able to maintain their dedication to purity and creating innovative and no compromise products.

Having said the above, with global inflation at arguably record high's and to retain the Micro's affordability, Davinci chose a similar build to the IQC. Plenty of owners are perfectly happy with their IQC's. Both the IQC and Micro-C have five year warranties. Well done Davinci.

micro.png
I like my IQC. It's not a hard hitter but a nice sipper with good flavor. I love the smart paths. Does all the work.

I am new to vaping. I have a micro and use it on smart path three. I only take three hits then shut it down. I've noticed that not all material has been spent and can get up to three more sessions. Has anyone else experienced this?

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I am new to vaping. I have a micro and use it on smart path three. I only take three hits then shut it down. I've noticed that not all material has been spent and can get up to three more sessions. Has anyone else experienced this?
If I understand you correctly, you are manually shutting the Micro down after three draws and finding that you're able to repeat this procedure three more times. If this is the case, are you saying that the Micro is a miser with your flower and happy it's saving you a lot of money?

My IQ2 also does thorough extractions with good flavor on a minimal amount of flower.

badbee

Yes, you can get sometimes get multiple good sessions out of a load. It depends on the temps, how hard you hit, and the quality of the flower. The Miqro, being a conduction vape, isn't great for this type of usage, but it can be done.

If you are curious conduction vapes heat the bowl and then the flower by direct contact. It takes a minute or two for that heat to sink in and another couple of minutes to cool off when you turn off the power. During that cool down it is still baking your herbs a little bit and you are losing flavor and goodness. There are convection vapes that are better for this because they heat the air, not the chamber, and it is the hot air that heats the flower. When you aren't pulling there is very little heating of the flower and it cools very quickly without extra baking.

If I understand you correctly, you are manually shutting the Micro down after three draws and finding that you're able to repeat this procedure three more times. If this is the case, are you saying that the Micro is a miser with your flower and happy it's saving you a lot of money?

My IQ2 also does thorough extractions with good flavor on a minimal amount of flower.
Yes, this is so, with no loss in intensity of the initial buzz. I don,t push it after the three sessions though. Just impressed that I can do so.

Yes, you can get sometimes get multiple good sessions out of a load. It depends on the temps, how hard you hit, and the quality of the flower. The Miqro, being a conduction vape, isn't great for this type of usage, but it can be done.

If you are curious conduction vapes heat the bowl and then the flower by direct contact. It takes a minute or two for that heat to sink in and another couple of minutes to cool off when you turn off the power. During that cool down it is still baking your herbs a little bit and you are losing flavor and goodness. There are convection vapes that are better for this because they heat the air, not the chamber, and it is the hot air that heats the flower. When you aren't pulling there is very little heating of the flower and it cools very quickly without extra baking.
You have me curious about convection vapes!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer

The IQC is not and was never positioned to be an improvement over IQ2. It was the successor and improvement over the original IQ.

We received a lot of feedback that the precision temperature was difficult to use/understand in the user experience, so we removed it.

The MIQRO-C is more of a refresh than an "upgrade". Consider it a refresh with cool new colors, just as small, easier to use, and faster to charge.

The lids are made from a safe food-grade polymer.
I mean it's obviously a step back, the C it's just supposed to be a budget version no? Adding better charging just because it's newer, nothing to see here really, just trying to upgrade old stock without changing much, they probably won't make any more of the originals once they sell out maybe?
Correct, we have discontinued the original MIQRO.

And refresh - not upgrade - is more the focus here.

I don’t think they took away standard temp options, but maybe @Davinci_vaporizer can clarify for us?
Also, not sure what the micro lid is/was (I handed it off to someone a few months ago and they haven’t given it back yet!) but the inside of the lid is completely covered in the ceramic, so if they changed the outside, it shouldn’t effect the air path at all. (excluding the silicon pearl holder which is probably the same as before)
Clarifying that the Smart Paths are the temperature settings for the MIQRO C.

micro.png
Thank you for the kudos!
I like my IQC. It's not a hard hitter but a nice sipper with good flavor. I love the smart paths. Does all the work.
Right on!
This is a very efficient way to use the MIQRO and is actually as close to what we intended to use for it. Those looking for LONG sessions and big bowls, should be looking at IQC or IQ2.

To be clear, MOST conduction vaporizers on the market are a hybrid of convection, as the surrounding elements still heat and retain temperature - which is activating your flower after your use. As well, convection has a much larger gap in precision temperature. Great as an alternative to traditional smoking, all the same, just not as accurate, and be mindful of the "oven" it sits in and how much heat is retained after you have stopped taking draws.

ltv

Great name. And Breaking Bad an excellent show.
Peaceful Warrior is a great movie. Based on a true story with Nick Nolte.
Another interesting show: Banchee.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Great name. And Breaking Bad an excellent show.
Peaceful Warrior is a great movie. Based on a true story with Nick Nolte.
Another interesting show: Banchee.

If you like Banshee check out the show Warrior from same creator

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: thx1138

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
my Miqro next to her big sister 💜

Just received the xmax Ace i won in the Christmas giveaway. She'll never take the place of my super discreet lovely Miqro but I never would have suspected that it would be a better micro-doser than her little sister.

The Ace has a really large bowl and Xmax recommended using a spacer as the Ace like many conduction based devices, has a "dead" zone in the bottom of the chamber. I bought the pair of davinci iq spacers (5mm and 10mm) to reduce the bowl size ... fit almost perfectly ... cut a 1cm screen to sit on top ro reduce any material falling below. Using it with flower only so should be able to keep things pretty clean as I'm not too keen on the ejector slide and removing the chamber/ screen for a deep clean looks to be a challenge.

The 10mm spacer did a great job in allowing a micro hit of top shelf "Urban Durban" packed down good and tight on top of the spacer and screen ...

... still love my Miqro though and hoping a Miqro II for micro dosing is just around the corner 😎🌿

20230123-141321.jpg

20230123-141427.jpg

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
I have the IQ2, the Miqro and the Pax3.
Here is my story:
The Miqro malfunctioned after a few dozen hours of use. It took nearly six months to get it repaired due to some series of mishaps, fault all around.
They promised an email with instructions which never came.
Weeks later, after contacting support and arguing about the ticket number (apparently I asked twice) I received the usual and customary, "would you kindly provide a video..." here is where most people throw in the towel (manufacturers know this).
After a well-scripted video and a few reminders, I received an RMA and apology (of course).

about 2 weeks later I received the repaired Miqro.
It is a good unit because it is small. It works better than my IQ, actually. DaVinci did not seem all that interested in hearing about the IQ and chalked it up to my technique. I really could care less, because I stumbled upon the ultimate flower vaping experience:

Perhaps this is in the wrong place, but I find PAX + BudKups the most consistent, persistent, potent and flavorful vaping system I have encountered, bar none. I have a SuperSurfer Wave, Airvape Pro, XMax2 &3, Mighty, Crafty...

i misplaced my Pax one day and reverted to my SSV with Ti DDave wand. Killer set-up right? Uh-uh.No comparison.
Just thought i'd jump in. Maybe somone in in the market. The BudKups are expensive for what they are, but it took my never used barely functional Pax to a whole new level. WHOA!

thx1138

I have been touting the benefits of using Budkups as well. They brought my old Pax 2 back into the regular rotation.

thx1138,

pomogirl

The Miqro has such a beautiful design. Forward thinking. If it tastes as good as my IQ2, then what a gorgeous terp server it is.

pomogirl,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

pomogirl

I have the IQ2, the Miqro and the Pax3.
Here is my story:
The Miqro malfunctioned after a few dozen hours of use. It took nearly six months to get it repaired due to some series of mishaps, fault all around.
They promised an email with instructions which never came.
Weeks later, after contacting support and arguing about the ticket number (apparently I asked twice) I received the usual and customary, "would you kindly provide a video..." here is where most people throw in the towel (manufacturers know this).
After a well-scripted video and a few reminders, I received an RMA and apology (of course).

about 2 weeks later I received the repaired Miqro.
It is a good unit because it is small. It works better than my IQ, actually. DaVinci did not seem all that interested in hearing about the IQ and chalked it up to my technique. I really could care less, because I stumbled upon the ultimate flower vaping experience:

Perhaps this is in the wrong place, but I find PAX + BudKups the most consistent, persistent, potent and flavorful vaping system I have encountered, bar none. I have a SuperSurfer Wave, Airvape Pro, XMax2 &3, Mighty, Crafty...

i misplaced my Pax one day and reverted to my SSV with Ti DDave wand. Killer set-up right? Uh-uh.No comparison.
Just thought i'd jump in. Maybe somone in in the market. The BudKups are expensive for what they are, but it took my never used barely functional Pax to a whole new level. WHOA!
The Pax 3 is a really innovative vape, easy to use any time no matter how sick I am. Taste is iffy, but if I'm sick, I'm not too concerned. Too bad about your Miqro RIP

pomogirl,

DataRocks

So I picked up my miqro again as I was considering replacing with a pax 3 (I am just concerned about stealth factor).
1) I realized I like it more than I remembered, maybe because I fully cleaned before storing. Also cleaning all the holes in the bottom is near impossible.

2) I realized that all my batteries only ran about 2 cycles before fully dying. When charging however, I realized that only 1 dot was remaining to be charged... is this an issue with the MIqro or the batteries? Has anyone else experienced this?

THanks!

Top Bottom