Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Last edited by a moderator:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Wow, serious? They have a known issue but won't address it? Wow.

I wouldn't necessarily call it an issue. I have had my IQ a year and a half now. And yes there is some build up around the gasket area. I have been able to get the resin out by inserting a Q-tip with some ISO into the chamber end (chamber removed) twirl it around to loosen up the resin, then I get a generic dab tool and scrape out the resin. Easy peasy.

How common is the issue? I’m sure there is a threshold a company uses as a barometer to change manufacturing. This could only effect a very small percent of users.

First world problems... it means that you will need to clean the vape more often.

Compared to a lot of other vapes it takes ten times the effort to clean the IQ. Main reason I sold mine.

Yes the IQ is definitely not a low maintenance vape.

Last edited:

IntoTheVoid

Pride Goeth Before A Fall
How common is the issue? I’m sure there is a threshold a company uses as a barometer to change manufacturing. This could only effect a very small percent of users.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I wouldn't necessarily call it an issue. I have had my IQ a year and a half now. And yes there is some build up around the gasket area. I have been able to get the resin out by inserting a Q-tip with some ISO into the chamber end (chamber removed) twirl it around to loosen up the resin, then I get a generic dab tool an scrape out the resin. Easy peasy.
Compared to a lot of other vapes it takes ten times the effort to clean the IQ. Main reason I sold mine.

Cheesequake,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I'd loose this thing in a heartbeat :dog:

Biggest problem.

I have nugs larger. ;)

My major gripe with the IQ was the always on Bluetooth draining the battery. Can we turn off Bluetooth on the device and use purely in manual mode?

Don't think you can turn it off, as I don't think* it is even there.

Problem solved.

[PS: Although I don't think you can turn off BT in the IQ, there is no requirement to "use purely manual mode". All three modes are fully functional... the only catch is you can't change the curves without the app. But the curves still function as they were last left.]

* My unit doesn't. I presume this is universal and one of the ways they trimmed down the device to fit in such a small area.

The review I read said 4, 5 minute sessions. The big kit comes with a spare battery I think. The basic doesn’t.

I can't speak to "kits" but, I got two batteries. Add to that, you can do pass-through charging, which is a definite "want" when at home, but I guess you can always use a cell phone battery pack when mains is available. (I always have one on me.)

For those who have one, did they reinforce the pearl connection to make it easier to change oven size without braking it off? Also did they make it adjustable for micro dosing or will we still need glass spacers?

Yes. The pearl has been not only redesigned, but also reinforced. And... just in case.... there is a spare connection included.

And it was built with more than just a nod to micro-dosing. You certainly don't have to and can jam a lot of flower in there, but if you are the micro-type they specifically engineered the bowl to go down to very small quantities. (0.1 is just fine.)

Hi mate, long time indeed! You wouldn't believe how much of a vape snob I became now that I went down the rabbit hole in my quest for vapor path purity! Chances are I would be that kind of pedantic as I can't stand silicone anymore. ;)

Heh... I threw that little dig in there as a playful jab at you, my friend, knowing full-well the oncoming "argument" we were going to have about whether or not 0.1% constitutes "any". :p

I took one apart just now to take a closer look at it, to address your comment. As it is, I think the silicone is primarily there to hold the mouth piece in the top. It covers too much of the piece for any other reason. In the one very specific contact are between the airpath straw and the mouth-piece, it forms a seal. I think zirconia is just too smooth to form a seal between the two pieces, otherwise. So there is a small ridge that essentially forms a very tiny o-ring. I'm not even sure, with compression due to the lid being shut, how much of a profile it produces.

So, I'll argue that it is *essentially* negligible.

And, I know you're going to take the "princess and the pea" approach, and say you can still taste it. :rofl:

But this is not like other units which had a silicone sleeve (that -- in addition -- let air in). This is a fraction of a percent, and no secondary air is slipping past this (as a seal, it's job is to prevent that).

I can try and grab some pics of the area we are talking about.

Not sure why anyone would expect a device 33% smaller and about half the price to perform better...

Amen.

But, on the flip side, I think it is easy to presume shrinking something inherently looses some performance, and I really didn't feel much of that at all on the MIQRO. (Ignoring things like smaller battery is smaller.)

Noted! Also, Just want to be clear, the MIQRO and IQ are different. It's not a mini IQ although it appears to be.

Yeah, I'm guilty of making that comparison. Hard not to. But my point was more about how there wasn't a sacrifice in performance (see comment above to cheesequake) from something so small. But I can see now how the MIQRO was designed to appeal to a slightly different audience than the iQ.

But I prefer flower to concentrates. The Miqro might finally do t for me. The IQ was almost there. The biggest negatives for me being the chamber size and how hot it got.

The chamber is much more geared to cover not only mid-bowls, but... the more I mess with the new pearl... the more I understand about how they tried to provided an enhanced experience for the "micro-dose" end of the marker.... which always seems to get trampled under the feet of those that we so focused upward, after the clouds they chased.

I wouldn't necessarily call it an issue. I have had my IQ a year and a half now. And yes there is some build up around the gasket area....First world problems... it means that you will need to clean the vape more often... Yes the IQ is definitely not a low maintenance vape.

Yeah. This isn't the right thread for this, but I've had both my own, and more than a few friends, that have IQs and have for a while. While I don't doubt that things can happen, I've never seen it it the 20+ units I've seen in the wild. I really don't think, if there is a cause to this, it is the design (Otherwise, it would be more prevalent. Wouldn't it?) At best, in absence of real data, the best I could think, presuming the claims were correct, was it was more of a materials issue.

Regardless: This device is too new (It's not even on the market yet), to be saddling it with expectations of failure from its predecessors...

Last edited:

IntoTheVoid

my thoughts exactly. But you know how forums work. Folks who have had issues are the loudest voice. Reality is the few who’ve had problems are a fraction of a percent of actual IQ sales overall. That’s not just vaporizers. Any product from any company. If there is a forum to discuss it, you see the same thing.

I microdose mainly. So for me, it could be a home run. I have a bunch of vapes. They all have pros and cons. For me, the biggest con is usually bowl size. I changed to butane vapes for a while just so I could take smaller hits on larger bowls lol. If I can load .1, I might finally have a session vape where I can finish a bowl off in one shot. Can’t wait for the Miqro to hit the market!

Justpassedu

Yes and it is not from a cleaning issue and I am unsure if it applies to this new model. Between the oven and flavor chamber on the Iq is a rubber gasket that cannot be removed. This gasket eventually somehow gets moisture inside of it over time and it starts to expand pushing the flavor chamber upwards and not allowing you to close the magnetic lid and get a proper seal. I have brought it up and was told it was a know issue. When I asked what we be done to fix this I never got a answer. I was sent a new unit 2x already and just gave up . Well 3x but my 1st issue was something else. I did like the vape when it worked properly though. That is why i am interested in hearing if this model can have a issue like this or uses a rubber gasket similar to the Iq.

cheeseholidays

May grab one of these as my backpack vape to replace a Pax 2. The removable vapor path should make it easier to clean and the pearl would make it so I don’t have to carry around a pusher. Seems ideal for on the go.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
This may be my 1st davinci vaporizer (after being on the edge with the ascent)

Great price! for a premium vape this is a surprise

Hope others manufacturers will follow your lead

b0

Cloudy...
So, have they improved the bowl-airpath connection after the IQ issues or not?

I always loved how the IQ looks and was close to get one but after many users confirmed what @Justpassedu posted about the gasket, I decided to never buy one.

If they change that in the IQ I will buy one for sure and if they got rid of that issue in this one, I'm definitely really interested.

Maczilla

I always loved how the IQ looks and was close to get one but after many users confirmed what @Justpassedu posted about the gasket, I decided to never buy one.

If they change that in the IQ I will buy one for sure and if they got rid of that issue in this one, I'm definitely really interested.

I wish companies would be more responsible in communicating such things, instead just post marketing jargon. I live in Canada so I cant afford to RMA ship to USA, its killer on the wallet. My only choice is Arizer here for the best warranty service but I heard the Argo has a flaw of its own on the screen. Shame I really like this micro design.

Maczilla,

IntoTheVoid

I wish companies would be more responsible in communicating such things, instead just post marketing jargon. I live in Canada so I cant afford to RMA ship to USA, its killer on the wallet. My only choice is Arizer here for the best warranty service but I heard the Argo has a flaw of its own on the screen. Shame I really like this micro design.
The shop I buy from honours warranty in the shop. I bought an Argo that had a problem after 2 weeks and they gave me a new one on the spot. They sell Devinci also. Bcsmokeshop.ca is the place. I never heard of a screen problem though. The shop has a replacement program so you don’t have to RMA to companies. They just send broken vapes back to the distributor.

IntoTheVoid,
Reactions: Adobewan

Maczilla

If I could find a shop locally in toronto that has a replacement program I'd be down to try the base miqro model. I like the design more than the argo. 100% not dealing with international rma. The local store reviews for davinci products are mostly horror stories, claiming terrible customer support and malfunctioning devices around a year mark.

Last edited:
Maczilla,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer

Although our MIQRO is a completely different product, know that we have heard everyone and have been making some improvements to the IQ. We appreciate your patience as we refine things. :-)

my 2 Ascents did not even make it that long.
I'd love to rectify that. Can you DM me?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer

ULTIMATE PURITY
Staying true with our innovative legacy on perfecting the purest flavor, the MIQRO has an all zirconium ceramic vapor path and mouthpiece which allows the user to draw the purest vapor you’ll ever taste in a vaporizer.

With this, we have elevated purity levels for flavor and we are confident you will experience the difference in every session.

Davinci_vaporizer,

Justpassedu

Not gonna lie man the Iq worked great , when it was working. Some may not agree with this but they are very similar to the Pax line of vapes as I like those also for big clouds , ease of use and very easily pocket-able. I'd stay away from Iq unless they can confirm the gasket problem is fixed or you will eventually run into a issue. I have not seen gasket pics of this new model, I also wish it used a 18650 battery. @Davinci_vaporizer can you post some pictures of the bowl , gasket and seals on this one please and maybe confirm if the issue's have been resolved ? Ty

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Not gonna lie man the Iq worked great , when it was working. Some may not agree with this but they are very similar to the Pax line of vapes as I like those also for big clouds , ease of use and very easily pocket-able. I'd stay away from Iq unless they can confirm the gasket problem is fixed or you will eventually run into a issue. I have not seen gasket pics of this new model, I also wish it used a 18650 battery. @Davinci_vaporizer can you post some pictures of the bowl , gasket and seals on this one please and maybe confirm if the issue's have been resolved ? Ty

We have some photos here on the site with the product feature details: https://www.davincivaporizer.com/miqro-vaporizer/ We'll be releasing more review videos soon that will show the unit itself in more detail. Thx for your patience in the interim.

Gonna get some more posted this week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom