DaVinci IQ2

plum416

Anyone else have problems with the IQ2 like;

* not turning off (5 X press ON button, but still stays on)
* the unit “freezing” and the LEDS staying lit, not moving at all when you inhale through the mouth piece (as it illuminates during inhaling when the unit is functioning properly)
* the unit not turing off unless you pop the top from the battery chamber and then you get a “H” from the LEDS?

These are some of the issues I’ve had with my IQ2, I don’t really wanna get into my issues with my original IQ because I’ve opted for the “upgrade plan”

Seems like I’ve “upgraded” from a lemon to another lemon.
This is happening to my IQ2 also. Freeze up; no response to buttons. Gets super hot. The only fix is to pop the battery chamber open then close it. Then get the flashing 'H' on the LEDS display; guessing to signal too hot(?). Any fix on this?

souovaka

So back to the first use, 0.2g (grounded just like I do for the Miqro, and works perfectly), large zirconia spacer on top, and Smart Path 1. And, disappointment… the very first hit had just a hint of the Monster Cookie taste, but a very pronounced ruber-ish one.

Did the whole session, even though, and noticed that it produce much more vapour than Miqro did even at SP4. And after the 6th or 7th hit, a gentle popcorn taste was coming, and by the last minute of the session it was popcorn time. I never got to popcorn taste on the Miqro on SP 1 or 2!

I've had the IQ2 for a little more than 3 months now. Had a problem with the first unity, which was replaced in 10 days by the reseller, after DV's approval. Points for their warranty and RMS. (the quote is from my first post here and you can read the rest of the story if you want).

I in love with the device. So much that my Miqro would be collecting dust if it wasn't for my wife who still prefers the smaller unity (which I also love). Funny thing is that both devices produce a different high, and can complement one another.

Good point about the lids. Tbh the only reason I keep the lid is because I like to flip the pod over half way during my session, and I need the lid to grab it with the pick tool. Haven't tried it without a lid but might not make much of a difference other than make it more difficult to remove the pod with the pick tool as it gets too hot to touch. And what I meant was, apparently ceramic tastes better than SS, according to some websites I visited. Hence why Davinci used ceramic for their actual oven instead of SS, and why pizza makers use ceramic too. However I personally can't tell much of a difference at such a small scale of .2-.3 grams lol
I tried that pod that comes with the IQ2 and was the best usage scenario for me - .5 is overkill for my tolerance and usage, the zirconia spacers are very nice, but less practical, and the pods check all the good boxes for me: .2 is great, the oven remains cleaner, I have 10 to 15 minutes of work to load 6 pods and then am ready for a month's worth of sessions, and it's a breeze to swap'em.

I liked it so much I got the dosage pod holder.

I usually use the same pod in 4 sessions, one each night, going from SP 1 to 4. In the last session taste is not good, but still gives me the effect. As I live in a non legal country, I have to make it last. 😃

I tendo to get 3 good inhales and turn it off, taking a fourth just-to-help-cool-the-material one, and often end up being higher than I intended.

Do the newer ones look like they have the “glaze” on them, a little shiny, like the IQ2 oven?
Got my set long ago, very rough/porous ceramic, stays a bit dirty. I do use the little silicone holders for other tiny items.
The one that came with the dosage pode holder seem to have this glaze you're talking. They also seem to be a tad smaller (like 5% or less shorter in height) and thinner (seem more fragile). But they seem to be more resistant to stains than the kit/free one.

Being the owner of both set of pods, I do favor the SS mainly because of the lid which stays closed. I don't see any difference in performance. I do have a question, do you guys do multiple sessions with the same pod/bowl? For example, do you have a session then come back later to that pod/bowl but either keep the same temp or raise the temp? Reason ask is because after 1 session for me, I do not desire the bowl again but desire reloading? Any thoughts?
The lids won't stay closed when the ceramic pods are empty, but when you really fill it the top, the herb inside creates some pression and the lid stays in place.
One thing I do is I always put a slightly "bigger" nug of herb at the bottom and on the top (before closing it), so the smaller particles have less chance to fall from the bigger holes of the pod.

any1 knows if the IQ2's flat mouthpiece fits the original IQ? (maby with swapping the silicone 'jackets'?)
As far as I've read, it won't fit.

LooseCucumber

Hey guys I'm checking in to say the IQ2 still rocks. I've used mine daily for close to 5 months now, and haven't had any issues. Flower getting caught in the hinges is annoying, but it's my own doing as I like to stir this vape once (you don't need to stir as Shit Snacks has said). I've been experimenting with smart paths more for the last month or so and it's a nice feature. You need time with this vape, I find my bowls are two 10 minute sessions (two smart paths). When I bought this vape I was a convection snob coming from using a desktop daily, but this vape has really allowed me to enjoy conduction vapor (I love the cooling path of the vapor). Easily one of my most used portables along with the Minivap

cpl5938

I think there must be a difference between the initial run of ceramic dosage pods and subsequent ones. I got one box right when they were released, as well as the ones that came with the IQ2 when I purchased them. All those pods quickly stained inside and out. I bought another couple of boxes of pods a couple of months after that and those are still white and just a trace of some staining inside after using these pods at least 10 times.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I think there must be a difference between the initial run of ceramic dosage pods and subsequent ones. I got one box right when they were released, as well as the ones that came with the IQ2 when I purchased them. All those pods quickly stained inside and out. I bought another couple of boxes of pods a couple of months after that and those are still white and just a trace of some staining inside after using these pods at least 10 times.

Maybe the @Davinci_vaporizer representative can answer to this?

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Anyways I hope this long ass review answered most, if not all, of your questions and curiosities about the IQ2. If not, feel free to ask me any questions :)
Thank you for your thorough review!!
any1 knows if the IQ2's flat mouthpiece fits the original IQ? (maby with swapping the silicone 'jackets'?)
Due to size changes in the device, the IQ2 MP/Flavor Chamber is not compatible with the IQ.
There's a difference. Early on we had a different supplier and they were unable to consistently make them to spec, especially with size and the amount of glaze for the pod. With the shift to a new supplier, we were able to improve the process as well guarantee the correct amount of glaze on each pod. Performance-wise, there is no change.

Maybe the @Davinci_vaporizer representative can answer to this?
;)

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Clean. Cool. Control.

iq2-lifestyle-10.jpg

For connoisseurs who simply want the very best portable, dual-use vaporizer, DaVinci’s newest provides cooler vapor and the ultimate flavor and control.

The IQ2 empowers you to not only customize your cannabis experience through precision temperature and adjustable air flow, but also empowers you to track and report your dose per draw and per session.

We're excited to announce this newest creation here first and will be posting more information shortly.
Damned good vape. Every model of Davinci has been a hit (no pun intended. Great company and warranty.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
@Davinci_vaporizer Wasnt Greenlane the guys behind Vaposhop and Azarius :)? Congrats !
Hello! No they were not, and thank you for the congrats!! :)

Damned good vape. Every model of Davinci has been a hit (no pun intended. Great company and warranty.
Thank you so much!! We appreciate this :love:

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Robert-in-YEG

To me this whole “dose tracking” thing is just a marketing ploy. What I’m REALLY interested in is the vapor path and the heating chamber.

The original IQ has that “flavor chamber” setup that’s really just a resin collector. In my opinion it was also marketing fluff and it appears it has been removed from the product. Given that it took up a LOT of room, that suggests that Da Vinci reengineered the internals pretty significantly.

So, oven the same size and material? The vapor path still ceramic? How exactly is the variable airflow accomplished?

Dose tracking? Won’t use it.
I agree with you.

Nobody really counts cigarettes, cans of pop, or cups of coffee. Most of us just have our routines. It is neither good nor bad, just a more relaxed way.

When I want a cup of coffee, I have one. When I want a vape, I have one. A can a pop, tea, whatever, it is just a moment's desire. Sometimes days are the same, sometimes they are different, I try not to overthink things.

Flavour, yes. Air-flow, lets learn more about that.

Robert-in-YEG

"When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went."
~ Forrest Gump

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I agree with you.

Nobody really counts cigarettes, cans of pop, or cups of coffee. Most of us just have our routines. It is neither good nor bad, just a more relaxed way.

When I want a cup of coffee, I have one. When I want a vape, I have one. A can a pop, tea, whatever, it is just a moment's desire. Sometimes days are the same, sometimes they are different, I try not to overthink things.

Flavour, yes. Air-flow, lets learn more about that.

Robert-in-YEG

"When I got tired, I slept. When I got hungry, I ate. When I had to go, you know, I went."
~ Forrest Gump
Hi there.

A bit into the first point you made...

To compare using our vaporizer to things like cigarettes, soda or coffee is a bit of a disservice to our mission. DaVinci is aware that people may use our technology in a range of practices, or "routines", and we very well do not limit or control how users interact with the devices.

What should be widely known is DaVinci develops advanced technology with features, such as dosage control for the connoisseurs, medical patients, and those looking for an interactive extension of the controls, with an assumption that people may use it in the way they find works best for them. With that we see a wide range of use behaviors, and we challenge every way one may use the device in order to craft the experience that best works for them.

Truly, however you choose to use it, is completely up to you. This application for us is still in it's infancy of what it can do, and we are excited for the innovation we have earmarked for future updates.

I want to thank you for your contributions and feedback, as we welcome more! This always gives us insight as to who we build our products for and how they will best use and receive its value.

Looking forward to more conversations around this as we gear up for future innovations!

Hi Jill NYC,
From what I understand from early user reports, the rubber sleeve was NOT updated to properly fit the slightly larger IQ2. I put a thick rubber vape band around mine, mostly to add more grip. Hopefully, they will eventually add an IQ2 glove.

The dosage thing is something I have not bothered with, not sure how accurate it might be. You might enjoy it.

Get the Zirconium spacer set, better then the OG glass ones.

You don’t need an extra flavor chamber, unless you want a backup, or plan to put flavored herbs in it, and want to swap. I have never tried that either, I leave it empty, as it’s main function is too cool the vapor. Being ceramic, it can break or crack if dropped, but it’s pretty tough stuff. I bought a spare extended mouthpiece as I don’t like the flat one, just to have a spare. Same with the ball spacer in the load end, the accessories were fairly priced so I bought a spare ball too.

The base IQ2 unit comes with one white ceramic dosing pod, so you can try it, and buy more if you like them. For me, too much extra work, so I don’t use them.

The most used accessory for me are the Zirconium spacers. If you have the extra cash, their new bubbler works great, useful for IQ2 and Miqro. I own both, so if you have any other questions......

Oops, once again, out posted by “you know who”...
Hi,theres now a glove to fit the IQ2 ,ITS A BITloose but it’s out ,helps cool the mouth and burning lip problem..
only accessory ,i have on both ,helps soften the touch if youve arthritis or hand problems,.love them

davinci can i ask if you’ve sorted the unit run time counter on the APP?/
it around 10 times what it should be ,
3 units
1 sent direct from you all do it
it’s done about 2 hrs shows 20
other 5hrs shows 50 ?
in the my Devices section, think it it actual run time ,,anyone else notice it ,
reseting doesn’t fix it ,
i was goning to sell one ,5bhrs so brand new but the app makes it look like it’s been well used,
G
G

fitnessfighter

Can someone help me on the Davinci IQ 2 vaporizer Purchased last week. using a discount code from a black friday advert I got from Ai vapes. Order got to me in 5 days.
Bought it online. The vaporizer's isn't heating up at all when I switch the dial. It is on a lower temperature. Should I increase it? It is barely drawing vapor. Did I receive a defective item?

fitnessfighter,

Adobewan

Can someone help me on the Davinci IQ 2 vaporizer Purchased last week. using a discount code from a black friday advert I got from Ai vapes. Order got to me in 5 days.
Bought it online. The vaporizer's isn't heating up at all when I switch the dial. It is on a lower temperature. Should I increase it? It is barely drawing vapor. Did I receive a defective item?
I’m sure our friends at DaVinci will chime in but here are a couple of quick thoughts.
You’ve likely tried raised the temperature, but be sure your battery is fully charged and if that doesn’t do it, try another battery.
Best of luck with the unit, the IQ2 rocks!

RustyOldNail

First time DaVinci user here and just got my IQ2 a couple days ago. I'm wondering is it best to shut off the device while reloading the oven for a second session? Also does the device have an auto shut off feature? Thanks

It has a 8 minute session timer, so that’s why you might want to turn it off to reset. There are a lot of features on the IQ2, I suggest downloading the MANUAL, to enjoy and understand all the features, like BOOST MODE etc.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
First time DaVinci user here and just got my IQ2 a couple days ago. I'm wondering is it best to shut off the device while reloading the oven for a second session? Also does the device have an auto shut off feature? Thanks

Definitely let the oven cool off, I mean if you have safe tools, nothing plastic, it could be okay, but it's tough to work with a warm oven, and I don't know I don't like the idea of putting herbs into a hot oven, prefer them to be warm as I'm vaping them only! Like if the oven is running at a high temp and you're loading herbs in, they're going to start vaping as you're loading them, which is undesirable to me, but theoretically there's nothing inherently wrong with it, just be careful!

canadianvapelife

Definitely let the oven cool off, I mean if you have safe tools, nothing plastic, it could be okay, but it's tough to work with a warm oven, and I don't know I don't like the idea of putting herbs into a hot oven, prefer them to be warm as I'm vaping them only! Like if the oven is running at a high temp and you're loading herbs in, they're going to start vaping as you're loading them, which is undesirable to me, but theoretically there's nothing inherently wrong with it, just be careful!
I did think about how the herb would start to be vaped right away with the already warm oven but then also thought about how the herb is being vaped as the oven heats up from cold anyway so is there really much difference. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Either way I appreciate the input

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I did think about how the herb would start to be vaped right away with the already warm oven but then also thought about how the herb is being vaped as the oven heats up from cold anyway so is there really much difference. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Either way I appreciate the input

Yeah I was thinking about that too, quicker session then, that's why I think it's probably fine, I just don't like the idea of it lol just make sure you are using a metal scoop and tamp, something safe for the hot oven!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
davinci can i ask if you’ve sorted the unit run time counter on the APP?/
it around 10 times what it should be ,
3 units
1 sent direct from you all do it
it’s done about 2 hrs shows 20
other 5hrs shows 50 ?
in the my Devices section, think it it actual run time ,,anyone else notice it ,
reseting doesn’t fix it ,
i was goning to sell one ,5bhrs so brand new but the app makes it look like it’s been well used,
Definitely have sent this bug over to our development team. We will announce when it is being solved and pushed out in an update.

View attachment 14347
This heady whale is my first 10mm water piece and is a perfect pair with my IQ2! Crushed a full 50/50 thc/cbd salad at 415F
:smug:
This piece is cool!!

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

RustyOldNail

As some of you know from my past comments, the CERAMIC PODS, never worked for me....
Today I received the Stainless Steel PODS....
These WORK properly!

Packed the pod tight with BCG FINE. I started at 400f, and went up once and awhile, good flavor, long session for me. Next I’m going to try preheating manually for a minute or two, then switch to Smart Path #3, do the same test on a fresh pod, and try SP #4.

Dump the pod out right away, allowing it to cool off faster, these SS Pods, stay HOT, something the ceramic ones were not capable of, in my experience.

canadianvapelife

This is happening to my IQ2 also. Freeze up; no response to buttons. Gets super hot. The only fix is to pop the battery chamber open then close it. Then get the flashing 'H' on the LEDS display; guessing to signal too hot(?). Any fix on this?
I just had this happen with my IQ2 as well. I had switched out the original battery for a molicel and this is when it froze on me. Did it twice actually but has never happened with original battery. Anyone else notice this?

Top Bottom