• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DaVinci IQ2

shopdognyc

Just got the IQ2, and the weight is very impressive. Not sure if that matters comparing weight with Pax2, Crafty or Mighty, but its a nice feel.

Question for owners, does your top lid have some minor play?

Mine came with the battery lid open, so some marking on the case where it didn't close with the latch engaged. Once I figured that out, the lid closed, but I can get a peak of silver through between the lid and case. Doesn't seem like a dealbreaker, but I can press it a bit for it to go away and come back.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just got the IQ2, and the weight is very impressive. Not sure if that matters comparing weight with Pax2, Crafty or Mighty, but its a nice feel.

Question for owners, does your top lid have some minor play?

Mine came with the battery lid open, so some marking on the case where it didn't close with the latch engaged. Once I figured that out, the lid closed, but I can get a peak of silver through between the lid and case. Doesn't seem like a dealbreaker, but I can press it a bit for it to go away and come back.

Yeah there is a little bit of play, but since it sounds like your battery hatch opened in shipping, if it's not closing properly now, you could always ask for a replacement? Mine arrived all securely sealed up

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Jill NYC

shopdognyc

I reached out to Davinci, not Askweedipia where purchased, and going to send me information on a warranty claim.

Bummers since I have to wait but have enough gear to keep me until then.

It looks as though the silicone bottom of the mouthpiece is keeping it every so slightly open

Photo

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

I'm allowed to send back to them, so RMA'ing it. I noticed the same behavior on the top and bottom lids. When I take the mouthpiece out, it shuts clean. Maybe within tolerance, on the fence on sending back or just living with it.

Snarfblatt

I reached out to Davinci, not Askweedipia where purchased, and going to send me information on a warranty claim.

Bummers since I have to wait but have enough gear to keep me until then.

It looks as though the silicone bottom of the mouthpiece is keeping it every so slightly open

Photo
Mine is identical. The top cover doesn't sit absolutely flat unless I apply pressure or remove the mouth piece. I was going to return the unit but since Davinci told me that the updated Android app will be released any time now (for real and for true this time trust us), I've decided to wait until my next warranty claim. I don't want to be without my very expensive toy when the software drops. (any minute now)

Snarfblatt

"ALMOST READY TO GO LIVE" they said in June. Have you called the coroner because clearly your development team is dead and decomposing. The team is definitely deceased, joined the choir invisible and has descended into a hell of a bad joke. Late last fall, Davinci said the app for the IQ2 was going to be released any time now. In JUNE Davinci said the app for the IQ2 was "coming soon" Every few months Davinci swans into the Google Play store and dumps canned responses to everyone asking about the IQ2 app saying "keep watching" or "coming soon". Their ratings are 1 star across the board only because we can't give a ZERO. I don't need another handy j, just commit to a date. I spent top dollar on a vape and MONTHS later I'm still being force fed a line of shyte. The "COMING SOON" line of puffing has worn out its welcome. Your coding a settings app not the Mars rover mission. If it's the ecommerce part of the app that's slowing you down, then leave it out for now and include in your 2025 update if you're still around. I for one won't be buying ANYTHING ever through the app because of the way you've done me over the IQ & IQ2 app.

Snarfblatt,

Tranquility

"ALMOST READY TO GO LIVE" they said in June. Have you called the coroner because clearly your development team is dead and decomposing. The team is definitely deceased, joined the choir invisible and has descended into a hell of a bad joke. Late last fall, Davinci said the app for the IQ2 was going to be released any time now. In JUNE Davinci said the app for the IQ2 was "coming soon" Every few months Davinci swans into the Google Play store and dumps canned responses to everyone asking about the IQ2 app saying "keep watching" or "coming soon". Their ratings are 1 star across the board only because we can't give a ZERO. I don't need another handy j, just commit to a date. I spent top dollar on a vape and MONTHS later I'm still being force fed a line of shyte. The "COMING SOON" line of puffing has worn out its welcome. Your coding a settings app not the Mars rover mission. If it's the ecommerce part of the app that's slowing you down, then leave it out for now and include in your 2025 update if you're still around. I for one won't be buying ANYTHING ever through the app because of the way you've done me over the IQ & IQ2 app.
Who will hurry up and rescue you from the app madness? Super Chicken? Do you have an example of a vape's app you like? In part, because of the IQ, I swore to never buy another vape that *required* an app to operate. What's your opinion? Is the app a problem or is it just the app in the IQ(2)?

Tranquility,

shopdognyc

Sorry about that @Snarfblatt. I'm still waiting for mine to come back from an RMA. I know you can do most of the things without the app via the controls.

shopdognyc,

Snarfblatt

I've had a stroke, chemo and other issues so I fumble and struggle with the manual controls. I have to make a few attempts to switch on the thing. Same is true of vape pens. I find it bit easier to set and use custom paths on a phablet. Due to neuropathy my hands feel & work as if I am wearing cushy winter gloves. The IQ app did work at some point but no longer works reliably on either of the IQ vapes I have. Paths don't save, connections drop despite the device being <1m from my android phone and the vapes shut down randomly. Where's Fred when I need him? He knew the job was dangerous when he took it

shopdognyc

I've had a stroke, chemo and other issues so I fumble and struggle with the manual controls. I have to make a few attempts to switch on the thing. Same is true of vape pens. I find it bit easier to set and use custom paths on a phablet. Due to neuropathy my hands feel & work as if I am wearing cushy winter gloves. The IQ app did work at some point but no longer works reliably on either of the IQ vapes I have. Paths don't save, connections drop despite the device being <1m from my android phone and the vapes shut down randomly. Where's Fred when I need him? He knew the job was dangerous when he took it
Really sorry but I guess now you are on something that you know works. Thank you for sharing.

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
Clean. Cool. Control.

I love the IQ2, it is a high-class vape. Works great. It's brand new every time when cleaned. 10-year warranty, excellent customer service. Maybe the most impressive looking vape as well. I have mine in Amherst (Purple). It measures and displays CBD consumption, THC Consumption, we'll measure in real-time how long the draw is. Davinci always gets my attention because every vape they have ever made is awesome. The Ascent is still better many new vapes.
iq2-lifestyle-10.jpg

For connoisseurs who simply want the very best portable, dual-use vaporizer, DaVinci’s newest provides cooler vapor and the ultimate flavor and control.

The IQ2 empowers you to not only customize your cannabis experience through precision temperature and adjustable air flow, but also empowers you to track and report your dose per draw and per session.

We're excited to announce this newest creation here first and will be posting more information shortly.

Bazinga

This thread is not very active. I should have looked here first before I ordered the IQ2. Will be delivered next week. Did I make a mistake?
There is a lot that I liked about this vape. Quick heat up, large oven, cool display, removable battery,, adjustable draw, just to name a few. Now I see some issues with quality control such as ill fiting components. This device certainly is not budget price. Hope I won't be dissapointed.

shopdognyc

I just got the piece and it was shipped where the battery door was open. Thought that had something to do. I think the way the silicone mouthpiece closed there was some slight play.

Honestly, if you can look past that, I don't see an issue at all. It has a really nice weight, build. I am excited for it to come back, and they are pretty good with the RMA process. I think its a bit slow now.

The IQ2 seems like a good upgrade from the prior. I have the Crafty+, Mighty, Pax2, few Dynavap.

@Bazinga aside from the QC issues, the majority of the people who have the device say a lot of positive things. Just wanted to throw that in in case you holding any doubt.

shopdognyc

@Bazinga the Mighty is great. VAS as fun though. Worse case you can sell what you don't like, but I think the IQ2 will be a nice thing to carry. More portable than the Mighty for sure.

shopdognyc,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This thread is not very active. I should have looked here first before I ordered the IQ2. Will be delivered next week. Did I make a mistake?
There is a lot that I liked about this vape. Quick heat up, large oven, cool display, removable battery,, adjustable draw, just to name a few. Now I see some issues with quality control such as ill fiting components. This device certainly is not budget price. Hope I won't be dissapointed.

Yeah no worries it's just not the new hotness or one of the old reliable classics yet, but I still enjoy mine and have not had any issues with it myself.

I think there is a lot to like about it over the mighty, personally, I mean I did not keep my mighty, but intend to hold on to the IQ2 for what that's worth!

Bazinga

Geez - just finished reviewing the comments on reddit. Based on what I read the IQ2 is dog poo. Poor quality and terrible customer service reported. I realize that folks comment when there is a problem and not so much when there are no issues. Snacks has never steered me wrong so I will look forward to trying it. Damn vas !!!

Bazinga,

shopdognyc

I wrote to them when I got my IQ@ and they responded with instructions and was pretty quick. You can call them up and someone will pick up. I should dig more but I don't think I found anything that cried out about the quality. Maybe the pearl, but the IQ2 has a different one. I ordered the ceramic dosing pods too.

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

Geez - just finished reviewing the comments on reddit. Based on what I read the IQ2 is dog poo. Poor quality and terrible customer service reported. I realize that folks comment when there is a problem and not so much when there are no issues. Snacks has never steered me wrong so I will look forward to trying it. Damn vas !!!

You should be getting soon. Mine us in its way back.

Ant news

shopdognyc,

Snarfblatt

any sign of a usable app for the IQ2? It's now September and the "coming soon" line of guff is tired. I see the original app has been pulled from Google Play.

Snarfblatt,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Been using the IQ2 for about a week. For me, no need for the app.

What are your thoughts so far? Do you think its dogpoo like reddit says?

Also I dont have a need for the app either. Full temperature control/selection on board, either smart path or precision, is plenty for me. No need to get any more complicated, track my dosage or whatever. Obviously if somebody bought the device expecting to take advantage of that stuff I can easily see the disappointment, especially because its toted as one of the bigger focus points of the unit itself. Plus, I'm certain we paid for it in the price of the device lol so in that aspect its also annoying its not functioning.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me anyways, I'm an anti-vaping apple user.

shopdognyc

I just got mine back from RMA and doesn't look different. Still have a little bit of play from both lids, but I can live with it. Did a test empty run, the piece does get warm but I think its okay for a couple of runs.

I now own the following:

Pax2, Crafty+, Mighty, DynavapS (M 2020, 2019, Omnivap, Omnivong, Simrell XL, BB9), Sticky Bricks Runt, Junior, Flip

I think the IQ2 will have its place as just being a portable size, but I'd probably grab and go one of the other options like Crafty+. I'd compare the IQ2 as a larger Pax2 in terms of form factor.

I've experimented the other day adding some mint with my herb in my Dynavap, and wasn't bad.

shopdognyc,

Ripstar

Nah, you made a good choice. For portable, it's still one of my faves. If you clean often, maintence is low.

Top Bottom