DaVinci IQ2

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Assuming there is not a major airflow design difference between the two, you can close off the dial to simulate a IQC draw…
I wonder if it's that simple? I would've guessed they would design the IQC draw resistance to match the median airflow setting (one dot showing I think) of the IQ2.

I know I don't like how restrictive the draw is on the IQ2 with it fully closed.

TigoleBitties,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I wonder if it's that simple? I would've guessed they would design the IQC draw resistance to match the median airflow setting (one dot showing I think) of the IQ2.

I know I don't like how restrictive the draw is on the IQ2 with it fully closed.
I have to say the little pearl thing on the IQC does a great job of regulating the draw. Every quarter turn can make a noticeable difference. I find if I’m not getting as thick vapor as I like I turn the Pearl a bit counterclockwise and bam! Thicker vapor.

It’s probably not as fine-tuned as the 2 but it’s pretty effective. I do love the ICQ which is part of my interest in the 2. I just like the form factor, ease of use and vapor quality.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have to say the little pearl thing on the IQC does a great job of regulating the draw. Every quarter turn can make a noticeable difference. I find if I’m not getting as thick vapor as I like I turn the Pearl a bit counterclockwise and bam! Thicker vapor.
Makes sense. I always pack a full bowl so I guess I've never noticed this effect.
It’s probably not as fine-tuned as the 2 but it’s pretty effective. I do love the ICQ which is part of my interest in the 2. I just like the form factor, ease of use and vapor quality.
All those reasons are why it's usually my portable stealth vape if I'm going out. It also doesn't hurt that it's built like a tank. Well, the IQ2 is at least since it's nice and weighty in the hand for it's size and the aluminum shell is rugged. I've dropped in on a slate floor from about 5ft and it survived.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Makes sense. I always pack a full bowl so I guess I've never noticed this effect.

All those reasons are why it's usually my portable stealth vape if I'm going out. It also doesn't hurt that it's built like a tank. Well, the IQ2 is at least since it's nice and weighty in the hand for it's size and the aluminum shell is rugged. I've dropped in on a slate floor from about 5ft and it survived.
I actually always use the SS pods, packed very tightly. Even with the pods, moving the pearl closer to the pod decreases airflow and increases vapor. It’s actually a pretty elegant and simple way to control draw and vapor on the IQC. I was very impressed by the design.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I actually always use the SS pods, packed very tightly. Even with the pods, moving the pearl closer to the pod decreases airflow and increases vapor. It’s actually a pretty elegant and simple way to control draw and vapor on the IQC. I was very impressed by the design.
My understanding of the pearl was that it was to there to prevent an air gap and close off the oven while providing heat to the top of bowl. A consistent temp all around the flower in a big 0.5g bowl is necessary for good heat conduction.

That's less necessary with the SS pods though since the metal will keep a consistent temp all around the flower. Pretty cool that in this case the pearl could be used as an airflow adjustment since it's not necessary to have it touch the flower.

Xapove

I think it was early 2019 when I sold my PAX 3 at the time and switched to the DaVinci IQ - mainly because of the removable battery. Since then I've owned 3 different IQs, all with some chronic problem. I even broke a Nectar Collector because of the damn nozzle that lifts at high temperatures.

After a long time without vaping I decided to contact DaVinci to solve my problem. The 10 year warranty got me a brand new IQ2 in the box!!!

Despite not having the color I wanted and not really liking that brushed finish, the progress from one device to another is amazing. The IQ that always gave me the feeling of being a tank became a toy next to the IQ2. VERY solid construction, I'm sure the problem of the mouthpiece lifting at higher temperatures won't haunt me anymore. Ah, impossible to forget Satan's anus - only owners of the original IQ know how difficult it was to clean.

Anyway, I see that the IQ2 is an undervalued vaporizer and I imagine that the problems of the original model are partly responsible for this. Furthermore, I have nothing to complain about the brand and the warranty: the difference is not in having a device that doesn't give problems, but in how the brand deals with them. And in this regard I have always been well attended by DaVinci!

cpl5938

I have both. The resistance of the IQC draw is a little easier than the IQ2 with the air dial fully closed. Maybe equals about 1 click open for the IQ2 air dial. I prefer the air dial but if I never had an IQ2 I’d be fine with the IQC. i do find the IQC easier to keep clean than the IQ2 for some reason. I used to used the dosage capsules but I get better hits without them these days.

Last edited:

Xapove

t's definitely much easier to clean, one of the main changes in IQ2!

I know that in the old topic of the original IQ I had this information, but I think it was lost in the FC migration. Does anyone know the size of the IQ/IQ2 oven? @Davinci_vaporizer can you help me?

Xapove,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
t's definitely much easier to clean, one of the main changes in IQ2!

I know that in the old topic of the original IQ I had this information, but I think it was lost in the FC migration. Does anyone know the size of the IQ/IQ2 oven? @Davinci_vaporizer can you help me?
It's nice and big. Listed as 0.5g

I own the IQ2 and don't find it hard to clean at all. Chopstick and alcohol wipes pretty much.

Xapove

It's nice and big. Listed as 0.5g

I own the IQ2 and don't find it hard to clean at all. Chopstick and alcohol wipes pretty much.
Yes, without a doubt a large oven, I believe one of the biggest I've ever seen. But I ask the exact dimensions because I'm looking for compatible alternative capsules. The official capsules are not available in my country. Importing means paying more than double with freight alone. No conditions!

Out of all my vaporizers the IQ2 is definitely the most easiest to clean.
In my case, it only loses to Dynavap. I can clean it with a cotton swab, a paper towel and a few drops of isopropyl alcohol. Now, the original IQ is the worst I've ever had at hand. It's even sad!

Xapove

@Davinci_vaporizer or any other colleague who knows the answer: I was using IQ2 on SmarthPass 4 until it vibrated and a letter "H" appeared on the display and then turned off. Any idea what it would be? I looked in the manual and didn't find anything about it.

Xapove,

R1ng0

Pretty sure I read the IQC is set to 2 dots open which is where nearly everyone sets the IQ2. but I'm not a fan of the iqc even when I upgraded the mouthpiece and flav chamber it's still no match for the IQ2. And I can't get any vapour out of those steel pods just a total waste of herb and effort only way it works is a full pack no pods tamp it down close the pearl up fully leaving it loose will stop you closing the oven lid 186C start 192C finish and I get some pretty good vapour. But those pods nope don't work

R1ng0,
Reactions: tashian

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Can I ask about the pack and temp you employ I have tried a few diff methods and I just seem to fail

I pack them fairly tight with FINE BCG plate, as most conduction devices require it this way to “cook” properly in the oven. I usually use Smart Path 3 or 4, higher temperatures are usually required for all my pod/capsule devices to compensate for the extra heating the SS pods need. Pods usually need a bit more TIME to heat soak well. After the poor performance of the OG ceramic pods, I gave up on them, until I tried one of the newer SS pods, was surprised by how well they worked for me, then bought more. Good luck!

Fesob_31

@Davinci_vaporizer or any other colleague who knows the answer: I was using IQ2 on SmarthPass 4 until it vibrated and a letter "H" appeared on the display and then turned off. Any idea what it would be? I looked in the manual and didn't find anything about it.

H stands for Hot. Either the device is too hot or the battery gets too hot.
In the second case try with a different battery.

After the poor performance of the OG ceramic pods, I gave up on them, until I tried one of the newer SS pods, was surprised by how well they worked for me,
I have the same experience with the pods. I gave up with the ceramic pods but I am happy with the SS at 215 C. I use the BCG fine plate and pack the content with the end of S&B brush.

Xapove

H stands for Hot. Either the device is too hot or the battery gets too hot.
In the second case try with a different battery.
Yes, I thought that might be it. But, I found it curious not to have ANYTHING in the manual about.

Hello, @Davinci_vaporizer, I'm still waiting to know what to do when that mysterious "H" appears again. The second and last time it happened was with another battery using SmarthPass 1 - between 176-188 degrees celsius. When I tried to turn off the device all the LEDs lit up and the "H" flashed again. Do I have a faulty drive? I sent an email last week and am waiting for the response. I hope to resolve this!

Xapove,

Holly

I noticed someone else was having trouble downloading the IQ2 Owner's Manual. I found the trick is go to: https://davincivaporizer.com/pages/owners-manuals
Then when you click on "Owner's Manual" Under "IQ2 VAPORIZER" you'll see a grey box appear with "English". Clicking on "English" will do nothing. Here's what you need to do, Click on the grey box and select "Please select a language", next click on the grey box again and select "English". It should now download the full owner's manual in .pdf format.

Otherwise if you get stuck here is the direct link to download the .pdf file of the DaVinci IQ2 Owner's Manual taken from viewing the source code of the davincivaporizer.com website:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/3312/7962/files/IQ2-vaporizer-origmanual-en-compressed.pdf

sickmanfraud

I noticed someone else was having trouble downloading the IQ2 Owner's Manual. I found the trick is go to: https://davincivaporizer.com/pages/owners-manuals
Then when you click on "Owner's Manual" Under "IQ2 VAPORIZER" you'll see a grey box appear with "English". Clicking on "English" will do nothing. Here's what you need to do, Click on the grey box and select "Please select a language", next click on the grey box again and select "English". It should now download the full owner's manual in .pdf format.

Otherwise if you get stuck here is the direct link to download the .pdf file of the DaVinci IQ2 Owner's Manual taken from viewing the source code of the davincivaporizer.com website:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0739/3312/7962/files/IQ2-vaporizer-origmanual-en-compressed.pdf

Welcome to FC @Holly. Your first post was to help me out! Thank you very much.

How can FC help you @Holly ?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: endof3d

Holly

Thanks for the welcome SickManFraud!

At the moment I've just been trying to figure out how to remove the factory stink from my brand new DaVinci IQ2. I purchased it from a reputable Aussie vendor and judging by some others comments in this forum thread I think this maybe a common problem. I've tried running it completey empty to cook off the factory stink (before putting any plant material in it). The factory smell seems to be coming from the rubber/silicone plastic parts. I tried removing the main components and washing them and putting them back in after drying them and running a burn off cycle @ 221°C. Once the device has heated up I open up the air dial and blow into the bottom air dial with my hand over the other end to capture the hot air. When I smell the hot air in my hand I can smell the stinky rubber smell.

So I've decided to really go all out and try re-cleaning everything, especially as much of the rubber/silicone pieces that I can scrub with ethanol and a tooth bush followed by dish detergent and hot water. So far the worst smelling piece which was the optional accessory by DaVinci called the "silcone glove" which is a soft hand grip. After washing and scrubbing with ethanol then detergent and hot water is smells much better. The next offender that I think didn't really clean up all that well from the smell is the grey and black rubber protector/holder for the white ceramic dose chamber. I think it's simply best to just use a quality small ziplock baggie to store/protect the white ceramic dose chamber when not in use. I reccomend apple brand baggies found in smoke shops and ebay locally.

I have a feeling that the foam padding in the IQ2 packaging box and the foam padding in the optional DaVinci Zirconia Ceramic Spacers Set are probably the main problem as they seem the strongest in the bad smell and I've had other products much worse than this from China (with that nasty Chinesium smell that smells like a burn out competition at Eastern Creek) also where one piece of really toxic smelling packing foam can cause all rubber handles of tools to absorb the smell.

This time I removed everything I could from the IQ2 including the rubber around the hindged top by carefully prying with the pick tool. Also after removing the zirconia ceramic vapour chamber I was able to carefully pry out the rubber ring support ring that sits around the outside diameter of the top of the vapour chamber. I also removed the obvious rubber parts such as around the mouth piece.

I've included pictures below of the removable parts after scubbing and soaking in ethanol and washing with hot water and detergent. It does seem like they smell better but all rubber smell is not gone. I've left them separately in bowls to see if they off gass any smell after a few days or a week or so.

The last think I did I would not reccomend as it may destroy the IQ2 electronics. I did it anyway depite the risk and I made sure to remove the battery first. After removing the vapour chamber and rubber support ring and all rubber from the hinged top, I decided to squirt ethanol down into the area where the vapour chamber was removed as I could see rubber in the bottom above the oven. I used a plastic polyethylene pipette to squirt ethanol down in there and let it run out the bottom of the oven and put a bowl underneath to catch the ethanol so I could reapeat. I also used a small washing brush to scrub the inside area with ethanol where I'd removed the vapour chamber. I also used a soft pipe cleaner to clean from the other end wich is the white oven area that also has an inbuilt rubber/silicone seal. After I was done with the ethanol I used pure reverse osmosis water (distilled water would be fine too) to squirt down the area I had squirted the ethanol. After wiping down the IQ2 I placed into an airtight container with damprid in the bottom so the IQ2 would not touch any damprid but still be able to benefit from it sucking out all the water from the internals especially sensitive electronics. I'll leave it sealed in the airtight container with the damprid for about 5 days just to be safe before trying to power it on. I've attached a photo showing the IQ2 in the airtight container with the damprid. Finger's crossed it will still power on again and I'll be interested to post back my findings to see if this time doing the same cook off cycle as before has any less rubber smell.

https://i.ibb.co/qWn2xym/IQ2-Rubber-or-Silicone-Parts.jpg

Last edited:
Holly,
Top Bottom