Dat halogen taste .....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
But to be clear the Atlas is not a halogen powered vape. If I understood the question correctly, I think it was about halogen vapes with and without balls.

Of course I could certainly be incorrect in my assumption.

Yep you are incorrect in regards to how you interpreted what you read here, at least I thought it was clear enough, you can see I was responding specifically to the someone asking me further about it in comparison. I thought it was clear in the context that the Halo is the halogen one and Atlas is an example of one without halogen (both using rubies too) as someone asked for that...

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

Radwin Bodnic

@Texus & @Shit Snacks

All good, I was indeed asking for a comparison between pure halogen and halogen + balls.
But good to know how performs the same ballvape with halogen or with a cartridge heater.

The reason is I'm planning my @Cheebsy inspired halogen vape. I don't know if I should go with rubies or with a stainless steel sleeve. There won't be a lot of gems in it but it will probably still make a difference on extraction, recovery time and heating time.

I guess I'll have to build both to compare ! :D

Wow. That's really nice. Does he still sell vapes?
He's the inventor of the Vapman and he's retired. You can still ask him (on fc) but I think the last home vaporizer have been built last year out of the lasts parts he had.

Texus

Yep you are incorrect in regards to how you interpreted what you read here, at least I thought it was clear enough, you can see I was responding specifically to the someone asking me further about it in comparison. I thought it was clear in the context that the Halo is the halogen one and Atlas is an example of one without halogen (both using rubies too) as someone asked for that...
No worries, think I scanned thru the thread too quickly. All good.

Shit Snacks

was indeed asking for a comparison between pure halogen and halogen + balls

Oh, sorry, meant to address that, most of them do not use pure halogen, because it loses heat too quickly... That is why they surround it with an additional mass, why rubies are very effective to help cut down that recovery time and give a more robust hit in general, stainless steel alone would take too long to recover each hit probably...

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Big fan of Halogen heaters too. They just rock for flavor and that flavor seems to last for more hits. So far my collection includes the Halo, Angus, Angus Enhanced and Herbalizer.
This is the conclusion I'm coming to as well. Halogen heaters just have this way of getting the most flavor out of your flower in a nice and delicate fashion. They definitely seem very adept at preserving tasty hits for a long session.

I remember seeing some of the discussion in the Angus Enhanced thread about this and I had to find out for myself.

Shit Snacks

Asking for a friend with VAS 😂

Anyone tried a fw9 AND a halogen device?

How does the flavor compare? FW9 is easily the tastiest device I’ve tried.

Are halogen devices hybrids? These log form rigs and build threads are taking over my brain..

FW can taste better, I don't think halogen is a top tier for flavor personally, in comparing Halo and Atlas that was mostly a wash? Most halogen devices are more convection leaning, logs are typically pure convection

Texus

I have the FW7 but don't think heater design has changed that much. A lovely vape with a nice unique signature. But don't think of it as as in the top tier in just flavor alone. Do consider it a top tier portable all around though.

For flavor alone, prefer all my halogen vapes, Bowle and Herborizer off the top of my head.

Shit Snacks

FW9 is better for flavor because you can fully clean the chamber capsules, which was impossible before with FW7 (riding the low temps is very tasty, just don't overcook)

Radwin Bodnic

stainless steel alone would take too long to recover each hit probably...
The OG halogen devices are all just a bulb surrounded by a stainless tube and a glass housing. (Aromed, René's home vaporizer...) even the newer ones like the musa I think...

Though not halogen, the Herborizer don't have balls but recover very quickliy.

passenger

is this thing on?
René's reimagination of the Aromed uses a 50W bulb and the housing contains Mica as heat shield which also reflects the heat. Musa and others often use 20W if I remember correctly and balls as heat storage. The build quality of the Element is impressive in all aspects too.

passenger

is this thing on?
I actually think he uses rubies or something too, he has been secretive about the core, though the performance suggests there is something extra there, at least people say
What core do you mean?
Edit: Ah you mean the glass beads.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I actually think he uses rubies or something too, he has been secretive about the core, though the performance suggests there is something extra there, at least people say
Musa has soda glass balls between the bulb and the end of the injector. I'm sure there are other enhancements but it's similar to the HLT and the Halo in this way.

The experience is sort of between those two in my opinion, but it heat soaks a bit faster. Probably due to fewer beads and the SS cover vs glass in the others.

passenger

is this thing on?
Musa has soda glass balls between the bulb and the end of the injector. I'm sure there are other enhancements but it's similar to the HLT and the Halo in this way.

The experience is sort of between those two in my opinion, but it heat soaks a bit faster. Probably due to fewer beads and the SS cover vs glass in the others.
It's the SS cover. It's basically the same principle as in the Element (and probably the Aromed?).

passenger,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Shit Snacks

Ah, although Halo does use rubies

Shit Snacks,

cannasoor

Big fan of Halogen heaters too. They just rock for flavor and that flavor seems to last for more hits. So far my collection includes the Halo, Angus, Angus Enhanced and Herbalizer.

OK, the next obvious question (unless I missed the answer already in the thread here) … … Which of the four (Halo, Angus, Angus Enhanced, and Herbalizer) do you think best represents the Halogen flavor profile? I assume this would also be the best flavor, given your comments, but if not, comment on that, too, please!

Inquiring minds and all … .

:popcorn:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
OK, the next obvious question (unless I missed the answer already in the thread here) … … Which of the four (Halo, Angus, Angus Enhanced, and Herbalizer) do you think best represents the Halogen flavor profile? I assume this would also be the best flavor, given your comments, but if not, comment on that, too, please!

Wish I could weigh in but I only have @Vaporooni's build. Which is great btw! But I've no other halogen to compare it to.

Texus

I'd say the Halo probably best represents the Halo flavor profile for me. There is just a directness there and not limited by battery power supply.

Top Bottom