Daily tokers and Exercise

cawshook

Solod out.
So a long time ago I heard that when daily tokers exercise they get high off THC. The reason for that is because THC is absorbed by the fat cells, and when you burn fat you release THC into your bloodstream. This was just a theory I heard a long time ago and I've always believed it was true. I don't know why I'm asking this question now when I haven't exercised for weeks. Just something I thought about, and was curious to know if it was well known or a stupid theory altogether?

cawshook,

lwien

also get a runner's high, i.e. a feeling of well-being for several hours.

Several hours. You lucky fuck !! I only get them periodically and they only last for about 5 minutes or so. Used to get them a lot more often and more intense when I worked out at the gym versus running though.

Loved those endorphins. They just made me smile and feel that the world was a bit better.

Ricardo

Daily gym or Pilates class. Don't get any sort of delayed high, just feel good physically afterwards. However, I do notice heightened senses overall from vaping mostly evenings only.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
See now I'm gonna get slated, but I feel I shouldn't hold back my opinion just because it is contrary to all the other posts...

I vape everyday and haven't had a t break ever, I always have cannabinoids fresh in my system...
I work hard as a carpenter...
I find sometimes that when I have to do really physical work, like hauling a shit load of boards or something, I definitely start to feel a little high, even my eyes can go glassy, I had always put this down to my body burning the the stored, but it seems no body believes that....

Just my experience,

Ricardo

Dude, I'm assuming you don't vape before work - you're talking about the previous night's intake kicking back in? Also, I'm assuming you're not talking about edibles, cos they can do weird shit... Who's to say you're not right? I guess it makes some kind of sense - lucky you! I'm starting a travel provoked T break tomorrow - gonna leave my glass soaking in ISO and I know I will get higher on less come Monday :peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Yeah I don't vape in the morning before work, at the very least I'd cock something expensive up, at worst cut my hands off... carpentry and cannabis don't mix in my experience, this is why I notice the slight high maybe???
Working out stuff gets harder, numbers get confusing, 1200mm could accidently become 1020mm and iv fucked something up, so I like I clear head at work...

I never had a t break before, I need cannabis for other reasons than just fun.

How long is your break???

lwien

I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising.

Real sports? Not try to be the best at exercising? Huh.... :shrug:

When I compete with myself to run faster or run further, or run for a longer period of time, I consider that a real sport.

But I am curious as to why you felt compelled to say that you play "real" sports and not try to be the best at exercising. Just trying' to get a bit of insight here.

Last edited:

KennyPowers

Well for starters you can't play a sport against yourself by running faster.
If you can't talk shit to the loser after you won then it's not a sport.

Unless the loser died in the process of losing, that's the one exception.
Anyway I was just fucking around so don't take it personally, it was a joke.

lwien

Anyway I was just fucking around

Ya might want to put a ";)" at the end of your post to indicate that you were just kiddin' around.

After you've been here for awhile, we can get a sense of your sense of humor but being that you are brand new here, we have absolutely no clue if you're kidding or you're serious.

Of course, you don't have to but it would make things just a bit easier, eh?
(Sorry if quoting sources breaks any rules!)

Quite the contrary. Quoting sources is encouraged so we know that you're just not pulling shit outta your ass.......;). Of course, the source could be pulling shit outta their ass as well, but that's a whole other story. :brow: Interesting article though. Thanks for the link.

Real sports? Not try to be the best at exercising? Huh.... :shrug:

When I compete with myself to run faster or run further, or run for a longer period of time, I consider that a real sport.

But I am curious as to why you felt compelled to say that you play "real" sports and not try to be the best at exercising. Just trying' to get a bit of insight here.
You need to see Eastbound and Down. I believe the poster was imitating the character from which he derives his avatar and username.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Rather unbelievably it's apparently not endorphins after all that give you that high but actually Cannabinoids... (A http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/science-news/news/1000797/)

So even simpler than the OP thought, just get running!

(Sorry if quoting sources breaks any rules!)

I'm definitely a believer in the similarities between the runner's high and the MJ buzz. I posted a similar article in the Athlete Vaporists thread:
http://www.hightimes.com/read/runner’s-high-it’s-smoking-weed

Before finding the information about endogenous cannabinoids and running I wondered why my pre-run buzz kicked up a notch about 15 to 20 minutes into a run. With the new found knowledge...Now I'm not just running....I'm chasing it :rockon:

As far as THC release from fat cells and possible affect....if that were true the fat cells I plump up with the munchies each night that get deflated the following day would be keeping happy around the clock and darn it....they're not :haw:

KennyPowers

Lately I've been transforming my body into a killing machine.
A lot of kicks, punches, stances and stretches of my own design.

Yeah, I'm pretty much re-engineering man's approach to martial arts, if you want to get down to brass tacks. ;)

One time I was kicked off a board for using smileys.

Last edited:

Danksta

Lately I've been transforming my body into a killing machine.
A lot of kicks, punches, stanches and stretches of my own design.

Yeah, I'm pretty much re-engineering man's approach to martial arts, if you want to get down to brass tacks. ;)

One time I was kicked off a board for using smileys.

I dig your gimmick dude.

Top Bottom