• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dab setup recommendations.

lazylathe

Almost there...
New FC, I come to you to ask you for help in the arcane delights of dabbing!

I own an Errlectric Concentration station with the Ti nail and a quartz dish.
I have also come into possession of a 6 ton DabPress that is an amazing device!
One last bit of info is that I grow my own meds so will be pressing them and have a good supply of fresh rosin.

I am looking for a good portable type rig and a desktop setup.
Also wondering about adding the Quartz banger from Errlectric as my desktop solution.
Seeing a lot of portable rigs, Puffco, Carta and the High5 duo. Not interested in the High5 but something like that for outdoor or around the house use.

@FlyingLow
I see you really like the Rio.
Would you think it is a universal solution as a daily driver.

@biohacker What are you using these days??

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated!!

Going to be following this thread as well!!

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I'm still really liking my 710coils 30mm deep-dish set up paired with a Disorderly Conduction controller and a ruby insert.

Outside of the house I use a Advanced Vape Supply M22 and am really liking it now that I have the updated parts although I still wouldn't call it a totally finished product. I have heard nothing but good things about the Rio, hopefully I'll be picking up one of those this summer for some backpacking shenanigans.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't know about daily driver, it does not replace my enail setup but cold starts are fucking awesome and the portability means you never have to fuck with atomizers ever again. I use mine a lot and would never be without a RiO... I am about to get a makeover kit for #2.

510vaporent

I like a 25mm axial coil with a pearl and spinner cap for my enail set up, and the divine tribe v4 with the new sic cup for portable. Also the v4 works really well as a desktop setup with the bottomless banger

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I also love my dnail SiC halo, but found it really came to life after replacing the dnail coil with one from 710. It transferred so much more heat, I was able to lower my settings 100* on my pid. Brought it to the next level!

Then I just last week took delivery of a MaxVapor controller- pairs beautifully with the SiC halo.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Definitely the quartz banger heated via torch or axial coil - simple and pure.

I run a sapphire insert in mine but occasionally I’ll play with uptemps off quartz via my MaxVapor controller.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: lazylathe

strech

Was down this road not long ago myself. Picked up a disorderly controller and coil set up. Going on about a month with it and absolutely love it. Still dialling it all in. Got a new banger with pearls and all that fancy jazz coming soon. Much easier then the old torch and no more replacing attys on the puffco.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
D Nail Sic Halo is $90, not that bad.
They get you with their carb caps...

@FlyingLow

This one?

And just replace the heater with a 710 coils one?
Sounds simple enough and I can pair it with my Auber RDK-300 for now.
That is what I am using (not to be confused with their latest deep dish halo).
Just replace the coil with 710 and start adjusting your temps down, mine lowered about 100 points on the PID.

The caps can get costly, but the OG halo does not work with those channel caps due to the lug nut in the center post. IMO my preferred cap on the halo is the TI ... but I would get the quartz if I could afford it.

The 710 coil is simply better made. The 710 coil is wrapped tighter, there are more wraps overall, it even looks heavier duty and sits more flush than my Dnail coil... It also does not hurt that 710 coil is a fraction the cost of Dnail - $50 at 710 versus $115 at Dnail.

Just look at the two stock pics from their perspective websites, it really is no contest. While I was blissfully ignorant and happy with the Dnail, but it is comparatively crap by all standards when using these back to back and comparing with a 710 coils. IMO it was the single best $50 upgrade I have made to my setup.

Flat_Face_110x110@2x.jpg
d-nail-web-heater-flat_1__66311.1570229646.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
New FC, I come to you to ask you for help in the arcane delights of dabbing!

I own an Errlectric Concentration station with the Ti nail and a quartz dish.
I have also come into possession of a 6 ton DabPress that is an amazing device!
One last bit of info is that I grow my own meds so will be pressing them and have a good supply of fresh rosin.

I am looking for a good portable type rig and a desktop setup.
Also wondering about adding the Quartz banger from Errlectric as my desktop solution.
Seeing a lot of portable rigs, Puffco, Carta and the High5 duo. Not interested in the High5 but something like that for outdoor or around the house use.

@FlyingLow
I see you really like the Rio.
Would you think it is a universal solution as a daily driver.

@biohacker What are you using these days??

Any help and info would be greatly appreciated!!

Going to be following this thread as well!!
Keep your eyes out for a new FC contest (coming soon) that will be relevant to your interests. :cool:

:peace:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Definitely the quartz banger heated via torch or axial coil - simple and pure.

I run a sapphire insert in mine but occasionally I’ll play with uptemps off quartz via my MaxVapor controller.

This is the way I will be heading thanks to you and our West Coast friend!
@710Coils has no idea yet but he will be helping me with this purchase and barrage of questions!
Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

:love:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
For cold starts: 25mm with 6mm ruby/sapphire sphere (optionally wrap with an axial coil)
For full time enail: 30mm with ruby/sapphire insert and axial coil
I think quartzpi bubble caps are one of the best deals out there for a topper. Shane is great to do business with and will take care of you for sure.

Chingas

I don't know about daily driver, it does not replace my enail setup but cold starts are fucking awesome and the portability means you never have to fuck with atomizers ever again. I use mine a lot and would never be without a RiO... I am about to get a makeover kit for #2.

This guy knows

Top Bottom