Dab Pen Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Hello Fellow FC'ers.

Having been getting into making my own Rosin, I am now looking for advice an the best Dab Pen for discretely consuming my Rosin.

I can't seem to find a thread dedicated to concentrate pen vapes, so if I missed it please point me in the right direction.

I have a Dab Storm from vapefiend and enjoy it very much, there are a few things I'm not keen on such as...

1. It's a little long when the glass mouth piece is attached to fit in a pocket without having to remove the mouthpiece - They break quite easy as well, but I did have it in my jeans pocket while leaning against a pool table to take my shot, so only myself to blame!

2. The double coil atomiser just gave me burnt wire smoke that hurt my throat for a day or two. This was my dumb ass fault for not realising the coils need to be submerged to boil off the concentrate, not glow like a light-bulb filament with a smidgen of Rosin balanced on the wires!

So I think I prefer the doughnut atomiser as I have yet to produce enough Rosin to properly use the coil atomiser.

However, I see a lot of talk about quartz rather than ceramic in the dabbing forums, and wonder is this something I need to look into?

I have been considering the SOURCE orb v3, but wondered what you guys might recommend?

Thanks,

1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
From what I can tell it seems there is still Ti wire curled around quarts rods, so does the coil wire still glow like a light-bulb filament if not fully submerged?

It seems these coiled heating elements require rather a lot of concentrate to work?

That XL has the biggest chamber on the market according to the blurb, not sure I could afford to keep that full :uhoh:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
W9 has the best pens in the market. imo
Check out the persei or omicron thread.
Sounds like an omicron mini is what you want.
Medical grade materials used...

Farid

Get an RDA and learn how to roll coils. W9 pens are difficult to rebuild, and with oil, you'll eventually want to rebuild the coil or at least replace it.

A regular old box mod E cig and an RDA gives you temp control, good battery life, and shouldn't cost you much.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thanks Melting Pot, I hope I find you well.

That omicron coil doesn't look great, I saw a review and it has this pic on it...
vQ3OgIE.jpg

That looks burnt to me?

Edit: Build my own coils? That's a DIY disaster waiting to happen, especially in my hands!

waxdab23

Thanks Melting Pot, I hope I find you well.

That omicron coil doesn't look great, I saw a review and it has this pic on it...
vQ3OgIE.jpg

That looks burnt to me?

Edit: Build my own coils? That's a DIY disaster waiting to happen, especially in my hands!

Yes, that particular coil needs to be cleaned lol.

For what you're after, check out the Omicron v4 as suggested, but look at the 1701 ceramic atomizers from W9,which you could use instead of the Ti wire coils.

Also worth checking is the Yocan Evolve Plus with ceramic donut atomizers.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@waxdab23 That Yocan looks interesting, obviously have concerns with them being Chinese, but their products do look interesting even if their website grammar is appalling!

I like the silicon pot in the base, nice little addition.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@1DMF are you sure you are going about this the right way, do you really need to be dabbing while out???

What about mixing your rosin into ej mix and using a basic vape pen to keep yourself happy while out???

Surely you would enjoy your precious rosin more at home with a nice rig???

And have you considered that any UK weed that you concentrate, may be full of contamination that would be potentially harmfull in a concentrated dose???

Not trying to be a dick, just my point of view...

waxdab23

@1DMF are you sure you are going about this the right way, do you really need to be dabbing while out???

What about mixing your rosin into ej mix and using a basic vape pen to keep yourself happy while out???

Surely you would enjoy your precious rosin more at home with a nice rig???

And have you considered that any UK weed that you concentrate, may be full of contamination that would be potentially harmfull in a concentrated dose???

Not trying to be a dick, just my point of view...

Except that EJ Mix tastes horrible, rendering the Rosin pretty much un-vapeable.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@kellya86 I thought about mixing eJuice, but I don't see the point in introducing additional substances into the equation and there is no way I want to use eJuice with nicotine in it.

As for purity, who knows, can it really be any worse then combusting it?

Perhaps I'll just stick with the dabstorm pen for the minute and sinply buy another to get extra battery and accessories.

Edit: as @waxdab23 also mentions, last thing I want to do is ruin the gorgeous terps flavours you get from pure Rosin - yum yum :drool:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I've been wanting to pick up a yocan evolve to check out. Cheap and they get alot of love on the forum.

Can't go wrong with a. Omicron V4
Never used but they look sweet from a top notch co.
With a strong forum presence.
Good luck
And doing better thanks

Melting Pot,
Reactions: 1DMF

subway13029

I've been using an evolve with the quartz dual coil ( haven't tried ceramic yet) and the Lynx Hypnos and I get bigger hits from evolve but more consistent hits from the Lynx..I just started using the yo an nix with a mod but I'm a newbie with the mods..

subway13029,
Reactions: 1DMF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom