Dab, Concentrate & Vape Tools - The Rogue Wax Works

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sweet! @Grass Yes I hope it comes tomorrow. Please let me know what you think. You definitely need a bigger torch than you would for a SB or OWW. The Funnel is the ripper and the No Name is the sipper
Sounds like a good reason to go back for the No Name too. I saw your demo of the Funnel before you named it so I have the kitchen torch ready. :-) Also I keep thinking about picking up a Firefox mini.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Whelp! I am headed back to buy one of your j-hooks. I misjudged the height of the TED funnel, so I don't think I'll be using my current 18mm hook (my others are 14).

funnel-800.jpg

That big torch is a little too close to my face. Luckily I was able to console myself by using the Vapman WPA that I also got from you today. :-)

Also thanks for the for the little bonus tool. You rock.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So, I couldn't wait and hit the Vape/Ted Funnel with the j-hook above. It wasn't all that close to my face after all. Just a bit closer than some of my little brick devices. I tried the triple torch first just to see. Even with a priming hit it wasn't great. I broke out the kitchen torch to good results. It absolutely hits hard. Also it's pretty hot all the way down the glass.

I wasn't seeing the biggest clouds, and I did not get a ton of flavor, but I was trying some new flower so that corrupted the experiment. I also have to say that I was pretty absorbing in the process so the effects snuck up on me a bit. I also just love this whole device. The glass is great, the colors on the stem and bead are stunning. It also feels pretty durable, but I won't be putting that to the test. Bring on the year of the glass.

I still plan to get a more horizontal 18 jayhook, but I will be going back for more. Good lookin' out!

(I put down the funnel a few minutes ago so I apologize if my thoughts are unorganized. :blink: )

Grass Yes,

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@Grass Yes thanks for the post. It can get hot. I have been using mine on a water pipe also. The flavor is an interesting point. It doesnt have bad flavor but also not the robust flavor you get from brick style direct inhalation devices. From my observations with vapes, it seems like some of the best flavor comes from vapes with short, tight airpaths. Think MFLB, Vapman, Square, etc. This vape is so wide open I think that effects flavor.

Mostly Im just using it to rip a couple of big hits. I tend to hit the funnel with the flame first real quick just to heat up the glass and then usually get a huge first hit, pull the funnel, give it a little stir and then a couple more hits. Im also just using a little more herb than fits in the little screen pocket.

I hope some of this helps. And I have pretty much always extended a policy that if you just cant get something like this to work for you Im happy to refund, replace or whatever.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
@Grass Yes thanks for the post. It can get hot. I have been using mine on a water pipe also. The flavor is an interesting point. It doesnt have bad flavor but also not the robust flavor you get from brick style direct inhalation devices. From my observations with vapes, it seems like some of the best flavor comes from vapes with short, tight airpaths. Think MFLB, Vapman, Square, etc. This vape is so wide open I think that effects flavor.
That's an interesting idea. I wonder if messing around with restricting the airpath would change the flavor. Maybe I will fiddle a bit with that. This device seems made for fooling with.
Mostly Im just using it to rip a couple of big hits. I tend to hit the funnel with the flame first real quick just to heat up the glass and then usually get a huge first hit, pull the funnel, give it a little stir and then a couple more hits. Im also just using a little more herb than fits in the little screen pocket.
That's good to hear. I did use about the amount of flower you recommend. Also I love any pro tips. :-)
I hope some of this helps. And I have pretty much always extended a policy that if you just cant get something like this to work for you Im happy to refund, replace or whatever.
I really like the funnel a lot. I am definitely not an unsatisfied customer. I hope I didn't give you the wrong idea with my very early impressions.

Also I got my tool order from you today. I'm going to be testing these scoops a lot too lol.

Your work is great. I'll stay a customer as long as you are doing this. I really like that you keep experimenting and refining.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
I have a super skinny J hook Ill try.

I really like the funnel a lot. I am definitely not an unsatisfied customer. I hope I didn't give you the wrong idea with my very early impressions.
I didnt think you were unhappy but I realize that I'm way on the extreme end of vape usage. If the guy who wants to do nothing but press a button and get vapor is the 99% I'm the 1%. Just because I figure out how to make these contraptions sing doesnt mean others will. The bottom line for me is always, customers first. I really appreciate that people trust me and are willing to take a chance on the things I make so I want to provide them some peace of mind.

3l3tric

I'm glad I stumbled my way into this thread, I'll definitely be trying to pick up one of these tools in the near future!

To be honest, one of the main stumbling blocks I have right now is just trying to decide whether I want a rectangular tool with or without one of those finger cutouts. I think I'm just having trouble mentally picturing whether the way I'd grip a dab tool would be helped or not by having that little cutout there. If anyone that already owns one of those tools could post a pic of it in their hand, I think that'd probably help me decide, as I've pretty much settled on one of the rectangular tools with a spear-tip, just have to decide whether I want that notch or not :D

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I absolutely love my walnut tools from TRWW; currently have a purple stir and tamp in my cart and looking for a nice purple acrylic MP to use on whips and purple whip tubing! The only small complaint is that the small scoop is not non-magnetic; as a BCG user I was concerned this might not work. I’ve found it’s really not an issue at all with the mildest of attention to detail as you use the scoop. Absolutely recommend TRWW.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@3l3tric the notch is really an aesthetic feature that may help some with their grip

@Timps27 thanks for the plug. I'm working on phasing out the old scoop for 2 new non magnetic scoops, the XL Long & XL Wide. The long is basically the same width as the old one. If you want a purple whip MP I can make you one

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm glad I stumbled my way into this thread, I'll definitely be trying to pick up one of these tools in the near future!

To be honest, one of the main stumbling blocks I have right now is just trying to decide whether I want a rectangular tool with or without one of those finger cutouts. I think I'm just having trouble mentally picturing whether the way I'd grip a dab tool would be helped or not by having that little cutout there. If anyone that already owns one of those tools could post a pic of it in their hand, I think that'd probably help me decide, as I've pretty much settled on one of the rectangular tools with a spear-tip, just have to decide whether I want that notch or not :D

Depending on the width, yeah the cutout can help provide more options to hold it, it does help a bit with the grip, a little more potentially ergonomic, but it's really not hard to hold a plane rectangle either, I have a mix of both... I use plain short rectangle dab tool, and another one as a debowler, but I use a curved tip and handle with notch tool to stir injector bowls very comfortably... Yeah I think having the notch is better for dabbing too, even though the ones I mostly use for dabbing don't have the notch, I do think it is more comfortable to hold for the hot start dabbing I usually do, and it is definitely easier with cold start dab loading (although that actually requires two tools for me)

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s perfect for the Hot Rod, IMO! I was using a small stick Sneaky Pete throws in and the old head scoop, having to go back and forth between the two. Now I just rotate the stir/tamp!

Timps27,

checkyourlibido

I waited too long on the 4/20 sale. Last day and the Tinymight stems are sold out 😢

I was waiting to see if the stir and scoop tool came back in stock, then I lost out lol. Oh well, I’ll wait till later. I hope you bustards that bought it before me are happy lol

checkyourlibido

If it is any consolation, I think the WPAs sold out within hours before the sale started.

By coincidence I ordered 3 times from TRWW during the sale. No regrets. Last one will be delivered today!
He had restocked during the sale. I don't know why I thought I'd have time...

But hey, good for him. All good hand made things go fast here.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Grass Yes

mixchu69

@RogueGuy , I was wondering if you plan to list a 14mm wpa for the tm2? All my jhooks and water pieces are 14mm. Noticed most of your wpas are 18mm

mixchu69,
Reactions: RogueGuy
Top Bottom