• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

D-nail Lotus

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Does anyone have one of these? How's it hit? Do you like it? More info please!!

Hey likes! This is not directly addressing your question. However I think I've seen you over in the FP thread before. I may be mistaken though as there are a ton of threads here on FC.

I've watched videos on this and it gives me mixed feelings. Some are able to get decent function but nothing that blows me out of my shoes. Then some seem to not be getting the best function at all.

One reason this didn't impressed me is that the heater can touch big loads and does touch the flower when it's a smaller load and all swirling around. Now can one control the risk of combustion. Yes for the most part we can.

Next the attraction didn't seem very consistent or even unless you stir, stir, stir and stir some more from what I've watched. Is stirring physically taxing...naw.... with something like this I'd rather not be though. That's just me though.

I had actually seen this before I stumbled across the FP thread. After geekin on the FP more and watching videos of it in action I've never given the Lotus another look.

If you do find out more or decide to get one let us know what you've found please. Cheers! :cheers:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'd love to see more of this too and pretty much had the same experience and share the same view as @ichibaneye. The flower looked like it could easily touch the heater to me and then the one (literally) youtube video I found to check it out pretty much had that happen immediately. To be fair he said he overloaded it and it sounds like there are more videos of it out now that I haven't seen.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I asked D-Nail for more information about this vape, perhaps a usage clip besides the one on Youtube with the guy doing a "first impression" video but they assured me there was plenty of info about it on here already... I really like the look as it's very compact for a desktop unit. Would be nice to hear how it compares to the Flower Pot. I could only find one video on Youtube and one post on Reddit right after it was announced with no information in it. I'm not sure where @ichibaneye found all these other videos. Can you post them?

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I'd love to see more of this too and pretty much had the same experience and share the same view as @ichibaneye. The flower looked like it could easily touch the heater to me and then the one (literally) youtube video I found to check it out pretty much had that happen immediately. To be fair he said he overloaded it and it sounds like there are more videos of it out now that I haven't seen.

I've watched 4 at least. And have read about it in random places, other sites and forums and what not. I'm all over the place. You'd be surprised where unexpected information pops up.

First I don't really use google much for anything so I'll not comment to that dirty corporation. Try Vimeo and the others too there are way more than just G$%gle. I use other search engines and the tor network to give me deep web access. Now on that you'll have to teach yourself how to use it correctly.

Here is the deal with me. I'm not thinking about hitting up specific sites for information or videos. The first 2 videos I came across with the Lotus had been mislabeled and I had been scrolling for ...yes hours... until my eyes caught notice of the Lotus on those two videos.

If I had known earlier I would have saved the links and such. I do not save my history or anything like that. This guy is no ones meta-data bitch as much as I can help it. ;)

I also messaged someone on reddit and they sent me a video too. I watched it a few times and it was deleted. I'm not implying that there is a plethora of videos out there but I'm sure with prompting, directly messaging others with questions (current Lotus owners) and thinking outside the box a bit will pull in more of what you're all seeking, including myself.

Once and if it slows down for me in vaporization land. I'll dedicate more time to the searches again. Keep in mind I had done all of this about two weeks prior to @Likes2vape thread Here.

Yeah, I know, I'm that guy this time around huh everyone. Mr. Buzz kill. Haha.. But honestly I'm not.

Enjoy your weekend my fellow rippers of glorious clouds! :rockon:

I asked D-Nail for more information about this vape, perhaps a usage clip besides the one on Youtube with the guy doing a "first impression" video but they assured me there was plenty of info about it on here already... I really like the look as it's very compact for a desktop unit. Would be nice to hear how it compares to the Flower Pot. I could only find one video on Youtube and one post on Reddit right after it was announced with no information in it. I'm not sure where @ichibaneye found all these other videos. Can you post them?

I would have called them out and said show me the money! :cool: Because I've yet to find that "lots of information" that they had mentioned about to you here on FC or anyplace else for that matter so far. :shrug:

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
What about to use it with a deeper bowl: Herborizer bowl, Cyclone EQ bowl,...

If the issue was the heater is too close I would expect D-Nail is able to fix that with a redesigned bowl... but there is another issue: the price!

Edit: In fact price is lower than I thought.... if it can be used with a cheaper controller than the D-nails ones!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Give me a few weeks and I will have updates on this vape!
I will be using it with one of my own controllers and not a D-Nail one.

There will be a basic review and then videos!

The one video available on YouTube is pathetic to say the least and that is being very Nice...lol!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Give me a few weeks and I will have updates on this vape!
I will be using it with one of my own controllers and not a D-Nail one.

There will be a basic review and then videos!

The one video available on YouTube is pathetic to say the least and that is being very Nice...lol!

Desktop vaporizer comparison bombardment incoming! :D

Obviously we are all gonna have the same question :ninja:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Desktop vaporizer comparison bombardment incoming! :D

Obviously we are all gonna have the same question :ninja:

I wonder what the question would be...

G6Yrpl0.png

I am on the ultimate search...

lazylathe

Almost there...
Anything you can share or tells us Lazy ? TIA

At present i am in communication with D-Nail.
I am having a hard time achieving even ABV without getting a hot spot in the center of the load.
It's meant to be used at high temps so this is inevitable imo...
I also think it is lacking in mass!! And big time! It drops considerably during a hit...
The glass bowl also has pretty large holes in it, so i have to use a screen to keep the herb in the bowl.
I have tried a coarse grind but the bowl is so small i hardly get any material in.

I love the form factor, it is tiny! At present i have it rewired to work with my China controller.

It has been Thanksgiving weekend so they have been off for a few days!
They did give a quick response to let me know that it had been sent to their technical team as they had never heard of my questions or thought of my modifications to the system!
All hail FuckCombustion!!! We bring the vaporizers to the future!

Hopefully have some more info soon! Will update when i know more!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
At present i am in communication with D-Nail.
I am having a hard time achieving even ABV without getting a hot spot in the center of the load.
It's meant to be used at high temps so this is inevitable imo...
I also think it is lacking in mass!! And big time! It drops considerably during a hit...
The glass bowl also has pretty large holes in it, so i have to use a screen to keep the herb in the bowl.
I have tried a coarse grind but the bowl is so small i hardly get any material in.

I love the form factor, it is tiny! At present i have it rewired to work with my China controller.

It has been Thanksgiving weekend so they have been off for a few days!
They did give a quick response to let me know that it had been sent to their technical team as they had never heard of my questions or thought of my modifications to the system!
All hail FuckCombustion!!! We bring the vaporizers to the future!

Hopefully have some more info soon! Will update when i know more!
So glad I'll finally hear a review on this I can trust, there's such a weird lack of info on this. Nice one, thank you sir.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Still no word back from D-Nail...
I will bug them again next week and see what happens.

Anyway, i decided it was Lotus testing time again!
Had a look at the extremely basic instructions (none at all...)
btQVhYq.png

I was using it around the 750F mark.
Now at 820F.

What i have learned so far is this:
Unless you use a coarse grind, you will need to make a screen to hold your herb.
This vape does not work well with anything but a fast draw! Anything less and it darkens the center of the bowl immediately. A fast pull browns a larger area of the center of the bowl. There is still a green ring around the edges, so a few stirs for complete extraction.
Vapor is smooth and tasty! Medium density clouds due to speed of draw.
Very terpy as my nose is itchy and i am sweating up a storm!

Going to finish the bowl off at 825 and see what happens!
Another nice medium density cloud! Flavor was not too bad either.
Nose is itchy again! Not very common to happen on the 2nd hit as well...
A quick stir and another smaller cloud, nose still itchy!

I will keep working my way up in temp till i find something i am happy with!
Too medicated from some Blueberry for the 1st test and then some Bubba Kush for the 2nd test!
Around 0,5g in total...

@biohacker

Check out First Class Medicinals...OMG...

lazylathe

Almost there...
Sent D-Nail another e mail a few days ago and no reply at all... not really surprised by their total lack of CS...

EDIT:
They sent a reply saying they can replicate what I am seeing but in their minds it is working correctly. They say it is not meant to be like a 7th floor vape, not sure where they came up with that from.... As well as that a jacketed heater will always cause a hot spot...
I need to reply again and see if I can be even more eloquent!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Since i am a sucker for punishment... I hooked up the Lotus again!
Random temp selected was 775F, why? Who knows! LOL!

I had some left-over herb from last night that was left out, it was dry but still sticky.
I think this is where my problems lie, the moisture content in my herb.
The Lotus tends to work better with bone dry herb...
It will also never be a cloud machine due to it's very light weight. I can drop the temp by 20 to 30 degrees in one hit and it's recovery time is quite long.
I am also working on the adjustment height using the screwed on housing, the set place is when the heater almost touches the load and leaves a hot spot. I have raised the heater by a few mm's and it seems to help a lot. Now i need to raise the temps a bit due to increased distance and the balancing game continues!
There is also a LOT of stirring involved to evenly vape the small bowl...

It is tasting pretty great at the moment though!
Effects are good and it feels very clean.
I just have to remember to leave some herb out for a few hours before using this vape!
Up to 785F now...

lazylathe

Almost there...
Composed another reply to D-Nail outlining 2 ideas of mine.

1- A thicker cover for the heater = more heat retention and less dropping during a hit.
2- Redesign the heater cover so that the heater tip is further above the bowl to prevent hot spots.

I have offered to pay for any modified bits and do the testing for them.
I stated very clearly that i expected nothing in return from them and that i just wanted to perfect this vaporizer with them.

If they do not bite and are not interested i will be finding a Ti machine shop that will mill a cover for me!
I am hopeful that NewVape will help me out...

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Composed another reply to D-Nail outlining 2 ideas of mine.

1- A thicker cover for the heater = more heat retention and less dropping during a hit.
2- Redesign the heater cover so that the heater tip is further above the bowl to prevent hot spots.

I have offered to pay for any modified bits and do the testing for them.
I stated very clearly that i expected nothing in return from them and that i just wanted to perfect this vaporizer with them.

If they do not bite and are not interested i will be finding a Ti machine shop that will mill a cover for me!
I am hopeful that NewVape will help me out...
Wow, that is dedication, nice one.

I've always been so confused about their attitude towards the lotus...

lazylathe

Almost there...
After most of the day testing i am feeling reasonably good, not great but okay pain wise or so i thought...
Switch vapes and load up 0,05g in my SH and BOOM!!! Spaced for 15 minutes!!
It's almost like the first hit of the day again but better!!

I hope they do come through and design a beefier head with more distance between the heater and the herb!

Top Bottom