CU for VapCap?

Belvape

Hello and sorry for my horrible English, I try to custom my vapcap m2019 and my wish is create a "vapor labyrinth" like CU of mighty .
my research led me to consider 3 products

the Budbomb mouthpiece with intercooler http://budbomb.com
The magic wand https://www.zamnesia.fr/lifestyle-divers/2293-porte-joint-magic-wand.html
and the spliff kit https://www.red-eye.co.uk/pipes/splif-stik.html

Someone here would already have tried to associate these three objects or a part of these objects with a Vapcap ?

I love my vapcap and I have one ti tip , bong , induction heater diy etc but I really need a stem with labyrinth vapor path WITH airflow

Ty and happy new year

la bise de Belgique

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If by “vapor labyrinth” you mean a longer path to cool the vapor, why not simply extend
The length of the vaporized herb, or use a bubbler.

For illustration

Trying to mate parts vandalized from other vapes may be possible, but IMO resulting in a frankenvape, at best.

You can be creative. :nod: (You might try a spiral glass stem) Be an artist.

Last edited:

Belvape

If by “vapor labyrinth” you mean a longer path to cool the vapor, why not simply extend
The length of the vaporized herb, or use a bubbler.

For illustration

Trying to mate parts from other vapes may be possible, but IMO resulting in a frankenvape, at best.

You can be creative. :nod: (You might try a spiral glass stem) Be an artist.

Hi, that's not what I mean when I say "vapor path". I would like a system that can fit in the body of the m2019. much like the simrell intercooler (but cheaper). I thought of several solutions like a helical wick but it would not be waterproof and the vapor would not take the right path. So I thought of looking for an intercooler like simrell but in food grade plastic or rubber to properly seal the way.

another of my desires is to buy an og chillum that goes perfectly with the tip. up to this is classic but I would like to put a flower as a filter , fit perfectly too . But no airflow .. and I dont know if I can pierce one in this little glass piece

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sorry. My pay grade does not permit me to entertain high priced paraphernalia.

On the other hand, this side of the pond, you can stock $0.98/OG.

GL on your venture, we are always nterested in innovations.

Bonne Année.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hi, that's not what I mean when I say "vapor path". I would like a system that can fit in the body of the m2019. much like the simrell intercooler (but cheaper). I thought of several solutions like a helical wick but it would not be waterproof and the vapor would not take the right path. So I thought of looking for an intercooler like simrell but in food grade plastic or rubber to properly seal the way.

another of my desires is to buy an og chillum that goes perfectly with the tip. up to this is classic but I would like to put a flower as a filter , fit perfectly too . But no airflow .. and I dont know if I can pierce one in this little glass piece

I am using a long draw tube as well on my VC and I find this 'extended path length' to be very effective. In the same way, the twisted inter-cooling technique lengthens the path by generating a helical path that is much longer. The material for such a device needs to be vape-temp-proof. You are right next to the cooling fins of the VC and that is some hot stuff. Use stainless. Your question is valid however. You don't really want condensation (removal of vape by condensing on cooler materials), you just want the vape to get a chance to cool off getting to you. I find a 5" path cools mine off perfectly. No more burnt tongue and no more harsh on the throat from the occasional direct blast.

So for your solution this may be so simple you'll laugh. Hobby stores carry thin sheets of stainless steel. Something as thin as .004" [0.10mm] will move towards what you want although I haven't done the math on the new virtual path length. This thin SS can be cut with scissors. Make a strip just wide enough to fit in the M-condenser. Now twist that strip up. You can use a drill to get some consistency. When it is to your liking, insert the twisted strip into the stem. You can even try twisting it while in the stem. If my instincts are working, you could effectively lengthen the path between 2-3x. This may require technique but you'll have plenty of SS to try again and again.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@Belvape (within your specs?).

Cut out some 8mm SS discs with a center hole to fit a condenser tube; cut some spacers
From a tube slightly larger than your condenser. Stack your discs, clamp with vice grip,
And drill a hole through.

You now have the makings of a cooling unit for your VC. :)

To visualize

Assuming, of course that you have the tools to fabricate.

Note. This cooling concept has been floating around for some time.

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Cut out some 8mm SS discs with a center hole to fit a condenser tube; cut some spacers
From a tube slightly larger than your condenser. Stack your discs, clamp with vice grip,

To visualize

This is the apollo cooling unit, i can attest it works very well

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: stark1

TommyDee

Vaporitor

You are proposing putting washer on the OD of the condenser? I'm trying to picture this but I don't think this is right. The ID of the stem is 8mm. You would need the platform stack within the condenser. Or are you thinking removal of the condenser completely?

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"

To visualize

Very Nice. I considered doing something almost identical to this but didn't have the fabricating tools to make it happen. Looks like a good sound idea and concept though! :tup:

Happy Vaping! :leaf:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Can you verify if the "nuts&washer" assembly you received looks like this:

Looking forward to seeing how well the newer element work in the TM.

@Siebter - didn't already get the TM?

As to implementing this in a M-body, you might face issues making it hold fast to the outer tube without some sort of spring loading or force fit. Plenty of washers out there that will fit the bill. Making spacers may be a chore. I'd think a M3x60 screw could hold the mess together nicely. No more Airport as the condenser tube is gone so back to carb :lol:

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

I did. That's not the cooling unit of the TM and never was.

@TommyDee, if you have questions about the TMs cu, you are welcome to pm me. This is very offtopic here.

As it applies to the TM, might be off topic of course, but as this setup could be modified and applied to a dynavap, It's a VERY intriguing idea and concept. Definitely right up there with glass cooling beads and twisted intercoolers! :tup::nod:

With a series of discs with holes set up correctly inside a stem, with the holes all offset from one another, I would imagine the turbulence, to smooth and cool the Vapor would probably be VERY substantial! :nod::clap:

The only downside that I could really see would be the increased build-up of reclaim in between each of the discs in their particular spaces. I guess it would be a trade-off. A little less going into you initially but more reclaim later. LMAO

Last edited:
thejackalsmark,
Reactions: stark1

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@TommyDee - You edited the post I referred to as offtopic by adding the last paragraph, before that it mentioned no implementation of any concept. And you know that very well, so don't manipulate anyone by telling me to read more carefully. Understood? Thank you.

And to end the discussion of the Apollos cu vs. the TMs cu: the TMs cu has no discs with holes, instead the discs serve as spacers – again: a different concept. If you'd like to discuss more about it, I invite you to pm me.

Siebter,

thejackalsmark

That's where I wanted to keep the conversation @thejackalsmark .

@Siebter - read my words more carefully... I implied concept. I've been following TM very close. I've seen the insides of the TM cooling units thank you. Disks in a tube.

I just wish I had the proper tools to make this kind of set up
4-AB15625-0-C70-4-D02-98-CB-E27950071-FCC.jpg

inside either an official dynavap stem or inside a glass stem, to the level of quality and tolerance that it would require and deserve. :shrug:

With what I currently have it would come out looking like some crackhead set up instead of a nice professionally designed unit. :lol:

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@TommyDee - You edited the post I referred to as offtopic by adding the last paragraph, before that it mentioned no implementation of any concept. And you know that very well, so don't manipulate anyone by telling me to read more carefully. Understood? Thank you.

And to end the discussion of the Apollos cu vs. the TMs cu: the TMs cu has no discs with holes, instead the discs serve as spacers – again: a different concept. If you'd like to discuss more about it, I invite you to pm me.

I did not edit this post! http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1913#post-1436091

Last edited by a moderator:
TommyDee,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
As it applies to the TM, might be off topic of course, but as this setup could be modified and applied to a dynavap, It's a VERY intriguing idea and concept. Definitely right up there with glass cooling beads and twisted intercoolers! :tup::nod:

With a series of discs with holes set up correctly inside a stem, with the holes all offset from one another, I would imagine the turbulence, to smooth and cool the Vapor would probably be VERY substantial! :nod::clap:

The only downside that I could really see would be the increased build-up of reclaim in between each of the discs in their particular spaces. I guess it would be a trade-off. A little less going into you initially but more reclaim later. LMAO

Thanks for the added detail. The parts list includes washers that are near net fit. The holes could be substituted with flats filed on the edge of the washers oriented in a spiral. The depth of the flat can be determined by draw resistance. With any luck, tightening the unit as a column could wedge the unit in place. If not, put a slight bend in the M3 screw. I picked #4 hardware as this will fit tightly on an M3 screw. There is probably a #4 screw that works just as well.

Top Bottom