Crucible discoloration in HerbalAire 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsbunny

The small metal piece which holds tobacco has become discolored, half of it has gone from silverish to bronze on the top and bottom of the outside part of the cylinder, the inside of it is almost completely bronze colored. I was wondering if there was any concern I should have over this? It doesn't appear to be residue or anything its like the metal changed color from the heat. I hope nothing came off and went into my lungs. Also if anyone knows what metal the crucible is made out of it would be helpful information.

bugsbunny,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
this discoloration is ''tobaco'' resin ....try to clean it with alcohol , it should go off !!

btw Welcome here bugs , hope you enjoy the forum !
:peace:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
The crucible currently in my unit is only slightly discolored at the bottom with a little vapor residue, and I've probably filled 50 bags with it since the last cleaning. Yours seems extreme. Are you really using it for tobacco? If so, as stickstones and CD have already said, that's going to give you a lot more discoloration.

max,

bugsbunny

No its not tobacco its mint leaves. Anyway it doesn't seem like it but I will test and report back.

bugsbunny,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom