Critique my ritual?

HuskerMath

Well, it's been two weeks, and through the help of people on this forum as well as friends who use vapes, I've developed somewhat of a ritual that I'd like all of you opinions on. Am I doing something I shouldn't? Should I add a step? Any input is welcomed :)

1. Begin heating up element as I load the whip, of course
2. When the whip is loaded, I blow through it with warm air to warm up the herb before vaping, or else the first hit is completely useless, since I keep all my herb materials in the fridge
3. Hit the vape
4. (doesn't matter, packing up stuff, whatever)
5. Empty out the whip into a pill bottle, store everything in the fridge

Here's where I feel that I may be doing something wrong: step 2 and step 5. Should I be emptying out the whip every time I'm done vaping (at the end of the session, if you will)? Is this bad somehow? Also, is it okay to blow through the whip to warm up the herb? The reason why I ask is because, over time, the herb becomes quite broken up, almost into dust. Is this normal? I'm sure that I'm breaking it up as I load/empty, but I doubt that matters.

HuskerMath,

SD_haze

Should I be emptying out the whip every time I'm done vaping (at the end of the session, if you will)? Is this bad somehow?

When the bowl is cashed you should definiely empty it, dont pack fresh herb on top of vaked herb or your screen will get clogged super fast.

I dont know about vaping refrigerated bud, but normally with that first hit, even if you dont see any vapor, you still usually get some terpenes and other desirable chemicals that vaporize at fairly low temperatures. I wouldn't blow too long warming it up because of that.

SD_haze,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@HuskerMath.

Generally I'd say do whatever works for you. If your getting the effects you need, not combusting and can see no damage to your machine (not sure which one as you didn't mention?) then I see no general harm imo.

One thing I would suggest that is an easy fix to your no.2 dilemma: Just take a small nug out the fridge in a small jar. That way it's warm already and you don't need to blow on it. Then when you finish get a new nug out the fridge ready for your next sesh. On some machines blowing into the whip can cause matter to get into the machine housing causing build-up which can make the units smell of herb quite a lot.

As to no.5. If you mean that when you finish you wait about 10-15 mins for it all to cool down before you empty it I'd say that's generally fine - unless using a log, then straight away is better (I do straight away always with all my vapes). If you mean that you go away for a few hours or leave it over night I'd say that's not great and you should clear it much sooner.

J.R.R.Tokin',

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Perhaps by keeping it in the fridge, it will dry a bit. It happens with the food. :D Maybe if you kept your herb in a vacuum sealed box, it wouldn't dry as much, just a thought.

vorrange,

technique

I never blow through my whip as the moisture you deliver prevents the build up of the wand hash i enjoy so much but its not a bad thing.

technique,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not even sure from which end he's blowing to be honest. Perhaps it's my English that is failing me, but imo the OP could have made his description a little more detailed/accurate. I don't really get what he's worried about right now. Do you have any particular problems you need help with OP? It would also be helpful to know at least which vape you are using.

Also, do you stir your load in between hits?

OhTheAgony,

HuskerMath

Oh, I'm sorry, I blow through the whip to warm it up when it's NOT attached to the unit. I do stir it between each hit, yes (well, at least most of the time).

As to no.5. If you mean that when you finish you wait about 10-15 mins for it all to cool down before you empty it I'd say that's generally fine

Yep, I have a metal pick that I use to empty it out after every session. I'm not too sure what it is, though... I think it's meant for something with sewing lol

I never blow through my whip as the moisture you deliver prevents the build up of the wand hash

Explain? There's already quite a bit of residue in there, if that's what you mean, but I don't really see any way of getting that out even if I wanted to.

I'm not even sure from which end he's blowing to be honest.

Okay, imagine a loaded whip. You know the part that you 'plug in' to the actual vape? That's the end I blow through. If I do the other end, I run the risk of blowing the entire load on the carpet or something.

HuskerMath,

technique

moisture will prevent that residue from collecting in the wand.... well restrict it not prevent it completely. This is something i learnt on this forum myself.

technique,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
lol, gotcha. I think it's best not to do that, since your breath has about a 95% humidity rate. A hot enough vape should be able to thaw out a little finely ground bud in a toke or two anyways. Or just take the herbs out of the freezer early enough to let it thaw out properly if you're worried.

There are several ways to clean your wand/whip btw, read this for starters if interested: How to clean vape parts and reclaim resin

I think this is what you're using? youtube link

Do you have a problem with it? I still don't really get the point of this thread so that's why I ask.

If you just need some assuring; dumping out a load after you're done is good anyway (not sure what else you'd want to do with it), and stirring between each hit too. It's normal that it breaks up in to a dust-like substance towards the end of a bowl because of the stirring and heat-degradation.

OhTheAgony,

HuskerMath

No, this is what I'm using, just a newer model:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLdLfjXtm4

If you just need some assuring; dumping out a load after you're done is good anyway (not sure what else you'd want to do with it), and stirring between each hit too. It's normal that it breaks up in to a dust-like substance towards the end of a bowl because of the stirring and heat-degradation.

Well, I asked because I've heard of some people just leaving the herb in there until it's used up, only stirring in between each hit. Like I said, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm somewhat of a new user of vapes, so yeah.

HuskerMath,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh wait, did you think that when people say it's used up it means that it's fully evaporated and nothing is left? Because that's not how it works. When it's used up it just doesn't contain a lot of active components anymore, but there still is a rest product. Most people on here call what's left ABV or AVB (already been vaped or already vaped bud), and it can still be used for cooking or with another form of extraction.

But before we get in to that I suggest you start reading that link I posted earlier and learn about wand hash first ;)

OhTheAgony,

HuskerMath

Oh no, of course I know that it doesn't just disappear lol What I'm talking about is emptying the whip every time I'm done with a session, instead of just leaving it in there until I've gotten what I needed.

HuskerMath,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Bloomin' 'ell HuskerMath, you don't make your explanations easy to decipher.

So, what your basically asking is - 'Is it ok to load a bowl, vape half and come back later / next day and finish the load?'

I would say that is no worries at all. However, imo a better method (better taste) is to just half load and do the lot at once and fresh load the next time.

J.R.R.Tokin',

HuskerMath

Well, I suppose that's what happens when I make this topic baked lol And yes, that's what I was asking, thank you!

HuskerMath,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Lmao, I was starting to think it was I that was to baked. Glad you finally got your answer Husk :D

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom