• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Counterfeit FireFly

CheeseSandwich

Spotted this today

Modnote: URL removed as per policy on counterfeits.

Last edited by a moderator:
CheeseSandwich,

xhexk

I just ordered one of these from a manufacturing company in china claiming to be the ones making these and the Ascent. They assured me that they are genuine Firefly's and using the escrow service on the website I'm safe if it's not as they claim. I'll come back and tell you guys if it's not authentic :)

xhexk,

rhystess

I just ordered one of these from a manufacturing company in china claiming to be the ones making these and the Ascent. They assured me that they are genuine Firefly's and using the escrow service on the website I'm safe if it's not as they claim. I'll come back and tell you guys if it's not authentic :)
Did the unit turn out ok?

rhystess,

shakedangle

I'm fairly certain I encountered a fake Firefly. Here are the details:
  • Bought if off e-bay for $220, $50 less than MSRP
  • Chamber glowed and got hot to the touch, however
  • Vapor was extremely weak
  • Wouldn't keep a charge after 1 month of intermittent use
  • Got a full refund from the e-bay seller, asked about warranty and no reply
I'm super novice at vaping so at first I thought the weak vapor was just how vaporizers worked. I just got the Solo and comparing the two, I'm convinced now that the Firefly I got was a complete fake.

Jherst

Did anyone ever get one of these? I ordered a Firefly for super cheap off eBay that says it's used but genuine. eBay guarantees the purchase and the guy accepts returns so either way I can get my money back but if it functions close to a Firefly for what I paid I might just keep it.

Jherst,

Poostuff

Please delete
Did anyone ever get one of these? I ordered a Firefly for super cheap off eBay that says it's used but genuine. eBay guarantees the purchase and the guy accepts returns so either way I can get my money back but if it functions close to a Firefly for what I paid I might just keep it.

I've had one for a while but they're way cheaper now. Seems just like a regular firefly in the way that it worked for a month or so & the heating coil failed ;)

Mine had a warranty so I got a couple of extra coils after it blew but it was a struggle.
Imo the design is prone to breaking anyway.
It's 9 months old now & the battery still works, it'll go flat if I don't charge it but does almost two bowls after a charge, tried it the other day.

I still have a spare heating coil & could buy another battery but after fitting one replacement coil I was kinda turned off by the solder & the internals.

Buying clones is like a Tom Hanks movie, you never know what you're going to get, but if it's shit you probably won't get your money back :lol:

Poostuff,

Jherst

I've had one for a while but they're way cheaper now. Seems just like a regular firefly in the way that it worked for a month or so & the heating coil failed ;)

Mine had a warranty so I got a couple of extra coils after it blew but it was a struggle.
Imo the design is prone to breaking anyway.
It's 9 months old now & the battery still works, it'll go flat if I don't charge it but does almost two bowls after a charge, tried it the other day.

I still have a spare heating coil & could buy another battery but after fitting one replacement coil I was kinda turned off by the solder & the internals.

Buying clones is like a Tom Hanks movie, you never know what you're going to get, but if it's shit you probably won't get your money back :lol:
Ended up being legit. Confirmed it with Firefly :D

cloudsosmoke

i think i have counterfeit ..
theres a really obvious difference
the indentation for lifting lid is above charge socket rather than above on/off switch

seems to work similarly to @Poostuff (2 posts above)

got it on ebay about 6 mts ago (jun 2015) about 10% off list price

stupidly thought.. 'only smallish discount - it should be genuine'

..sucker

Poostuff

Please delete
i think i have counterfeit ..
theres a really obvious difference
the indentation for lifting lid is above charge socket rather than above on/off switch

seems to work similarly to @Poostuff (2 posts above)

got it on ebay about 6 mts ago (jun 2015) about 10% off list price

stupidly thought.. 'only smallish discount - it should be genuine'

..sucker
You're not a sucker some people are assholes is all. It might work better if you buy a genuine battery I haven't tried that because it might be like throwing good money after bad as they say.

Top Bottom