coughing

chris 71

just thought i would continue my story and experence. when i went back to the doc he reffered me for a lung function test that i just had today.
i have not smoked in a bit now. the solo is really a night and day difference for me then the mflb. it is soo smooth and nice big hits it has made stopping smoking a lot easier i love.
i still do have quite a bit of irritation and coughing. not like a cough reflex from the vaping but just a having to clear my throat and hack sort of thing a lot. still wonder if its more or less then from smoking.
ok anyway so i do the spirometry test. and kick ass lol.
i had been doing some reading about the test and values. fvc [forced vital cappasity] and fvc1 how much volume you can blow out in one second.
there is a bunch of other numbers and percentages that tell all kinds of information about how well and strong your lungs are.
anyway of importance to check for any obstructions is how much of your lung volume you can expel in one second [fvc1] 80 to 100% is good under 80% could mean some obstruction i was 95%
and had very good numbers almost through out the other mesurements. the nurse or tec, not sure which is proper term said my results were excellent.
there were a couple numbers that were a little under but she said that it was the very small passages she said they were of no great interest.
i asked her if she would be able to tell if i had chronic bhroncitis from the results. she said it sure doesent look like it from my numbers, and to just keep doing what i had been doing because my lungs were in excellent shape.
so a bit of a relive. and too think of all the dust and smoke i have inhaled over the years, maybe some genetic luck in there also. i am very active which is one of the best things for your lungs.
i think moderation is the key. even if i am only now starting to practice it lol

Top Bottom