• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Corona Vaping

MinnBobber

An Israeli company has started a small clinical trial of combining CBD with steroids as a treatment for serious covid hospitalized patients.
That makes great sense as cannabis products work well as an addition to existing meds, such as an addition to opioid use. which has shown
to then allow much smaller opioid doses and in many cases going to zero opioids.
The covid cases require large doses of steroids which have many serious side effects. The trial will examine smaller steroid dosing along with CBD.

It certainly has great promise...

COVID lung inflammation and other organ inflammation has been a deadly consequence and CBD's wheelhouse is inflammation!!!
Plus, another strength of CBD is anti-anxiety and COVID patients certainly have to be anxious X 1000.

ginolicious

An Israeli company has started a small clinical trial of combining CBD with steroids as a treatment for serious covid hospitalized patients.
That makes great sense as cannabis products work well as an addition to existing meds, such as an addition to opioid use. which has shown
to then allow much smaller opioid doses and in many cases going to zero opioids.
The covid cases require large doses of steroids which have many serious side effects. The trial will examine smaller steroid dosing along with CBD.

It certainly has great promise...

COVID lung inflammation and other organ inflammation has been a deadly consequence and CBD's wheelhouse is inflammation!!!
Plus, another strength of CBD is anti-anxiety and COVID patients certainly have to be anxious X 1000.

I’m always anxious and I got no covid. Avoid at all costs. I’m vaping the CBD daily. Just had a nice 5 hits.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I don't even want to imagine what quarantine would be like without cannabis. Medicinal aside....cannabis relieves my boredom like nothing else......

Others can use and tout unproven dangerous therapies like hydroxychloroquine and drinking bleach.....I'll stick with cannabis. I was gonna be using cannabis anyway :D

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was an early adopter of a certain prophylactic practice, and talked about it in this thread on old FC, on March 21, '20.

"As my addition to the conglomerate of suggestions herein, which run both true and false, sane and not-so-sane, my personal superstitious contrivance for self preservation is that I will (as always) keep all my soft tissue areas coated with vapor, effectively blocking the virus from entry into the body. Easy-peasy.
Forget that water drinking thing! I hope to be around to report back on this in a few months (or not! yikes!) but...in the meantime don't try this til my trial results are in."

Update at 2 months since that post; All is well, staying the course.
I've been getting ready for distancing for years now, and that seems to work great, too, btw.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I don't even want to imagine what quarantine would be like without cannabis. Medicinal aside....cannabis relieves my boredom like nothing else......

Others can use and tout unproven dangerous therapies like hydroxychloroquine and drinking bleach.....I'll stick with cannabis. I was gonna be using cannabis anyway :D

I was gonna be using cannabis anyway.

This^^^^^^^^!:myday:

PS: I notice that Mass adult use shops will re-open on Monday. Yeah!!!!!! And no restriction on out-of-staters. Double Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do you remeber a story about NASA looking for guys to just lie for weeks and get high ? I guess it is pretty obvious that is helps a lot during isolation for keeping one happy and healthy ! General health - physical and mental is a great Co-factor on how body reacts to illness. Also i've read that immunity drops when you get exhausted and sleep deprived ,so maybe this a thing to be careful about :),

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm waiting to go to my place at the northern tip of Newfoundland. The province hasn't had a case in nearly five weeks now. Two weeks ago they began Phase 1 of opening up: Each household could interact with one other household or person. My place is in a very rural area, yet unlike here in the states, all my friends tell me that compliance is in the 90+ percentile. Potentially on June 21 Canada could open the provinces that have no cases up to travel. But travel will probably be limited to places which also have no cases. So my guess is that Canada will be "open" but that no states in America will qualify, because we have done such a lousy job of getting on top of CV19. Our increasingly feral nation may take months or even years longer to get the virus under control. Death of innocents is just the price "freedom" and "liberty" I guess. Meanwhile its 92 degrees F here in far northern New England and I should be at my place a thousand miles further North.

One of my friends jogged down to my place yesterday. Yup, that's a Greenland iceberg in my front yard. Wish I were there.

IMG_1597.JPG

Last edited:

Tranquility

I'm waiting to go to my place at the northern tip of Newfoundland. The province hasn't had a case in nearly five weeks now. Two weeks ago they began Phase 1 of opening up: Each household could interact with one other household or person. My place is in a very rural area, yet unlike here in the states, all my friends tell me that compliance is in the 90+ percentile. Potentially on June 21 Canada could open the provinces that have no cases up to travel. But travel will probably be limited to places which also have no cases. So my guess is that Canada will be "open" but that no states in America will qualify, because we have done such a lousy job of getting on top of CV19. Our increasingly feral nation may take months or even years longer to get the virus under control. Death of innocents is just the price "freedom" and "liberty" I guess. Meanwhile its 92 degrees F here in far northern New England and I should be at my place a thousand miles further North.

One of my friends jogged down to my place yesterday. Yup, that's a Greenland iceberg in my front yard. Wish I were there.
Don't start cashing those "we did it better" checks. The death rates are getting closer.

The issue was mentioned in https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/covid-19-us-canada-death-rates-1.5553168
"In March, Americans were dying from COVID-19 at a per-capita rate 3.6 times higher than that of Canadians. In the first half of April, it was 3.1 times. It was 1.7 times in the last half of April. In early May, death rates have been similar. "

One of the issues in "flattening the curve" is that the only lives that are saved are the ones who would have lived but for the lack of adequate medical care and the ones who might potentially be saved if the curve is intersected by a cure. Those who will be saved by any potential cure are impossible to predict. In the U.S. and Canada, I don't think there has been a claim of many deaths because of a lack of adequate care (Think of the ventilator fiasco.). What that means is, the flatter the curve, the longer it lasts. The area under the curve is unchanged between the two; it just takes longer to complete when flatter.

That being said, IF they DO happen to CURE the disease in the near future--those who flattened the curve even below the requirements of intensive care capabilities may very well have a LOT better outcome. At least as to deaths per capita.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunky

-snip-

One of the issues in "flattening the curve" is that the only lives that are saved are the ones who would have lived but for the lack of adequate medical care and the ones who might potentially be saved if the curve is intersected by a cure. Those who will be saved by any potential cure are impossible to predict. In the U.S. and Canada, I don't think there has been a claim of many deaths because of a lack of adequate care (Think of the ventilator fiasco.). What that means is, the flatter the curve, the longer it lasts. The area under the curve is unchanged between the two; it just takes longer to complete when flatter.

That being said, IF they DO happen to CURE the disease in the near future--those who flattened the curve even below the requirements of intensive care capabilities may very well have a LOT better outcome. At least as to deaths per capita.
Sorry but that is completely wrong. Your assumption seems to be that everyone will eventually get it unless a vaccine is available. Not true. Dangerous nonsense. I don't think you understand what exponential growth means or why it is dangerous.

Last edited:
Gunky,

Tranquility

Sorry but that is completely wrong. Your assumption seems to be that everyone will eventually get it unless a vaccine is available. Not true. Dangerous nonsense. I don't think you understand what exponential growth means or why it is dangerous.
I think I understand it pretty well and certainly understand what exponential growth means. The part I think you're missing is that "flattening the curve" has to do with a statistical model. This model takes input within certain variables and then calculates the curves they use to give us the graphical representation of the MATH of the model. I'm not an expert on epidemiology but the "assumption" is not mine but the model makers. The so-called assumption used by the models is not that everyone will get it but that herd immunity occurs at some point. I think the percentage of the population that needs to be infected before herd immunity happens is a part of the model as well. However, as to what the models say about the graphs we've all seen, the area under the curve stays the same. It's not an assumption as much as math.

We can agree the model is not the disease and that the model is not a perfect predictor of what will happen. If it were, rather than talking about the 100,000 that Orange Man Bad had murdered with his policies, we might be talking about the 1.9 million he saved.

Flattening the curve is a cool way of explaining things without going into all the, literal, functions of the variables. Not everyone who needs to know we want to flatten the curve should have to be taught calculus before being able to understand the goals.

Tranquility

Here's a website that links to all the models being currently used.

If you're interested in the variables used in any particular model, select the link of the model you want. Some will show current results with a "Methods" section where the variables and formulas are shown. Not all referral pages have the same structure. Some just have the results of their model that you can search by different methods to tease out whatever answer you seek from the data.

Top Bottom