Convection, conduction, hybrid or all three?

Which do prefer full convection, conduction, hybrid or all three?

• Convection

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Conduction

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • All three!

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Some nutter is going to say something along the lines of 'there is no true convection heatig because blah, blah , blah...

I will just say I prefer vapes with Mostly Convection as I like the taste better and I think it medicates better as I have to draw deeper to make them work, not like sipping on an n Arizer Air (which still tastes great to me even though it is mainly conduction):2c:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I tend to lean towards convection, but I still use and love all three.

In my experience, hybrid has best/thickest vapor production. Convection has best flavor. And, while conduction suffers in the flavor and production categories, it is cheaper and can be fit in much smaller shells...so it's often all that's available/possible in the smallest, most discreet/palmable vapes.

So, all three.

Last edited:

david8613

It's funny in my home I find I lean towards convection and wifey leans towards conduction/hybrids it's easier for her to sip versus long draws with convection which I have the technique down pretty good.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
When shopping for vapes, this questions of Convection/Conduction is so far down my list. I don't care how it works so much as I want it to be effective.

My priorities:
Does it get me medicated?

Is maintenance minimal?
How fast does get to operating temps?
How efficient is it with material?
Is it durable?
Can a battery get me through the day?

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
+1 for all 3.....

I can't really categorize my my two favorite convection vapes (Evo and Herby) the same when it comes to taste and effect so I'll refrain from saying convection is better versus conduction or hybrid since, for me, it can vary by vape. My EVO is way better tasting than my Herby but both have similar effects with a slight edge to the Herby for effect and speed to vapor..

As far as preference goes it's situational for me....If I'm couch surfing or moving about I prefer the Solo and if I'm looking for a straight up git-er-done face melt I'm reaching for the EVO or Herby.

Taste wise the Solo and the EVO both deliver better than the Herby.

Your mileage may vary.....

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Conduction all the way, Im firmly with @FlyingLow Medication > all and Id put a solid, full dab rig up against any convection vape any day of the week in terms of medicating and 99% of them in terms of flavor, ease of use, ease of clean up, price...including maintenance costs AND maintenance TIME, you dont tend to ever have to fiddle with your dab rig once its dialed in....unlike pretty much every portable Ive used or seen. Sure, its not pocket portable, although devices like the Rio are much, much more portable then you'd think until its in your hand and, IMO, its the only portable that even comes close to a top end table top dab rig.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Ever tried a Switch? I have heard they are great once dialed in too. (more of a cordless desktop though I suppose than an actual portable)

Yes, also the peak and its "siblings". They are all ok, for what they are, but again I value medication level more then any other attribute and there just simply isn't anything that can come close to a good 25mm or 30mm banger or D/T Cup with some gems and a controller, or a round bottom thin wall with no gems and a torch for cold starts. They can arguably microdose as good as any other method and on the other end of the spectrum they can handle more material and deliver much harder, deeper and thicker hits then anything else as well. I fully acknowledge the inherent lack of portability of most setups aside from the Rio, but for most of my use cases, I dont need pocket portability and even then, the Rio is actually pretty damn close in my case as I have pretty big pockets. If I didn't have effortless access to top end concentrates and say only had flower or hash, Id go with something like the Flowerpot/WE or Errl DHN, which would switch me to convection, but still using a desktop "rig"

david8613

Im seeing the unreleased hopper io and the released tiny might having 70 watt instant on heaters. I am wondering since these are convection vaporizers how will this affect the vapors heat, will it be like a sucking on a blow dryer? I know sometimes if I am not careful my ti grasshopper is kicking so hard I have to remember to dial it down a little or inhale faster to avoid hot vapor. what do you guys think? will the next big thing be smaller but higher wattage heaters? when will it be too hot with out sufficient cooling? maybe the tiny might is on to something having that cooling unit. mighty, crafty, davinci iq, also run some type of cooling chambers for the hot vapor.

david8613,
Reactions: LesPlenty

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I'm still new to the vaping world, so I guess I'll go with a lukewarm "all three". My biggest issue is it being stealthy (like the hopper), tiny (like the cap), or effective (like the dynavap). I'm too fresh into this game to have tried enough vapes to know if I like conduction or convection better, I feel.

LongDraw

I would vote either Full Convection or Primary convection with some conduction.

Main reason, i enjoy taking a hit or two getting to where i want to be, and then 15 to 30 minutes later coming back to finish the rest. Easier to do with convection i think.

Will say, my favorite vaprizers i have used also include primary conduction, vapcap and induction heater & vap man and heating station, but anymore primarily use my tinymight or woodscents log vape. Also, my enail but thats concentrates only.

ginolicious

Nothing beats the flavour of convection though. Don’t get me wrong here. And the fact you can take a few hits and go do something for 20 minutes and come back is so nice. But damn that technogy in portables just doesn’t feel like it’s been perfected.

Top Bottom