• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Connoisseur CBD/Hemp Strain Suggestions

Thumos

Does anyone in here grow High CBD/Low THC flower? I'm on the hunt for really tasty strains of CBD flower that do well in a closet. What strains and seed sources (U.S. preferred) should I look at? Thanks!

GoldenBud

Although Barneys Farm are not from USA, they ship to USA, and I really like their strains

jabba

There are a few such strains, however, I find them difficult to obtain consistently.

I have taken instead to purchasing high quality hemp flower whether it be CBD, CBN, or CBG centric strains from places like WNC (google it). I then purchase whichever typical THC dominant strain that I am interested in at the time. I typically grind 50% hemp flower and 50% THC flower and mix them together into a container. I then draw from that container for use(s).

This method has been life-changing for me....a person who does not want to be completely snookered but benefits from the mild(er) effects. It still doesn't take much material (for me) to have the desired effects....and flower lasts me a long long (perhaps too long) time.
Personally I find the CBG flower to be a great accompaniment for my needs. I often purchase a CBG strain called "Oregon White" as my primary mixer.

The type of strain that you are seeking exists, however, it seems that it is not among the most marketable strain types thus dispensaries do not consistently stock it and growers do not consistently grow it (at least in my area). Most folks are looking for the high THC materials. 'Making your own' 50/50 mixture does require a very small amount of effort, however, it allows you an endless array of combination opportunities and you ALWAYS have your option for a low(er) THC and higher CBD material. Of course you can also change the ratio of CBG flower to THC flower to specifically suit your needs.

YMMV....but to me this is 'the way'. If you are looking for popular strains to grow CBD....I'd review sights like https://wnc-cbd.com/ and others to see what is being grown by the big sellers. They even have descriptions which may include the source of seed(s) for that genetic.

Last edited:

Ariwe

In addition to Hoku, check out High Alpine Genetics for seeds.
I just ordered some of his flower – as I don't grow.

Ariwe,

Dustin McKief

There are a few such strains, however, I find them difficult to obtain consistently.

I have taken instead to purchasing high quality hemp flower whether it be CBD, CBN, or CBG centric strains from places like WNC (google it). I then purchase whichever typical THC dominant strain that I am interested in at the time. I typically grind 50% hemp flower and 50% THC flower and mix them together into a container. I then draw from that container for use(s).

This method has been life-changing for me....a person who does not want to be completely snookered but benefits from the mild(er) effects. It still doesn't take much material (for me) to have the desired effects....and flower lasts me a long long (perhaps too long) time.
Personally I find the CBG flower to be a great accompaniment for my needs. I often purchase a CBG strain called "Oregon White" as my primary mixer.

The type of strain that you are seeking exists, however, it seems that it is not among the most marketable strain types thus dispensaries do not consistently stock it and growers do not consistently grow it (at least in my area). Most folks are looking for the high THC materials. 'Making your own' 50/50 mixture does require a very small amount of effort, however, it allows you an endless array of combination opportunities and you ALWAYS have your option for a low(er) THC and higher CBD material. Of course you can also change the ratio of CBG flower to THC flower to specifically suit your needs.

YMMV....but to me this is 'the way'. If you are looking for popular strains to grow CBD....I'd review sights like https://wnc-cbd.com/ and others to see what is being grown by the big sellers. They even have descriptions which may include the source of seed(s) for that genetic.
Thanks for sharing this. I tried this method with Purple Poison & Special Sauce from Horn Creek and found it to be a really pleasant level of effects.

One of the things that I like about this method is that I actually enjoy a substantial hit of vapor vs a tiny hit of only THC. Some of my CBD flower does have a slightly grassy taste if I take the extraction to very high temps, but generally I think they taste really good. I used my Dynavap's cap digger to scoop the 50/50 dose into the oven, but I think I will start weighing so that I can dial things in (for science, of course 🤓).

840_divided_by_two

I'm a huge fan of holy city farms' flower in terms of high quality indoor. Stuff is beautiful and when you keep it curing for a bit magical things happen. So tasty.

840_divided_by_two,
Reactions: Haze Mister

gotbadvas

One of the things that I like about this method is that I actually enjoy a substantial hit of vapor vs a tiny hit of only THC
Yeah some of my CBD flower that is really good makes more vapor than THC flower I think.

gotbadvas,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I find it hard to pay the asking prices for legal CBD flower. Why is it the same price as the illegal stuff?? :cuss:

I just didn't trim my last harvest so that I can reduce the potency of the material. Instead of all the work of trimming, then collecting the trim, drying it, then extracting from it to vape the extract, i just leave it on the bud and vape the whole lot!

It would be good to find a tasty auto strain with high CBx levels.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: budski

Jabba,

Very informative, thank you. Would you know of resources that would identify CBD, CBN, CBG attributes/effects? My wife is a medical marijuana patient that suffers from pain associated with arthritis and bursitis. From your post, it seems that you are less focused on getting “snookered” than relief. That is her goal as well. I like your thought process and approach of combining hemp and marijuana. Any insights from anyone are appreciated!

Pantherburn,

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
Another vote for Hoku, I have been wildly impressed by their flower. The Mango X Slog is delicious. Had a Haze I quite liked as well.

Vehmic,
Reactions: RxPlorer

erka

Hi
I'm cbd grower, i've run cbd#1 of aceseeds and it's a very good strain . Another one i've made is red pure cbd from sweet seeds, it's nice too with a stronger effect than the other one.

GoldenBud

Hi
I'm cbd grower, i've run cbd#1 of aceseeds and it's a very good strain . Another one i've made is red pure cbd from sweet seeds, it's nice too with a stronger effect than the other one.
sounds awesome, i like cbd, do you have photos of the buds?

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom