Config settings in ArcticFox for the Splinter Version 2

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
I have the Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 DUAL 230W Box Mod. I want to install ArcticFox (i can take care of that myself) and then install the proper config settings also know as profile settings.

I need the numbers and options to select. here is a screen shot.
DJCMgmt.png

wm762,

Hippie

Profiles:
I have a profile for power and a profile for TC

P1:
Enabled : check
Name : Power
Power : 33W
Power step : 1W
Mode : Power

P2 :
Name : Splinter
Power : 45W
Mode: Temp Control Setup: PI-Regulator:Enabled P:1850 I:300 (default values)
Coil Material : TCR 125
Temp Step : 1C
Temp Dominant :check

P3 - P8 : Disabled

Screen > Appearance > Main screen skin : Foxy
> Regional : degrees C

Controls > Multi Clicks > TC mode fire Button Clicks - 2 Autofire, 3 Edit, 4 Select Profile
If you want to cruise in wattage mode you need to change the VW fire button multi clicks in the same way.

Smart > Off

Advanced > Puf Cut-Off - 60s (this is the autofire and max puff time)
Ryan (RBT) says not to go over 45W with the Splinter so I have the Power Limit set at 60W

And I vape at around 200C

You need a good cold resistance reading for temp control to work, best taken after the Splinter and Mod haven't been used for at least an hour.
The TCR is the rate of change of temp with resistance (or is it the other way round?) so increasing the TCR will increase the temp of the coil and the rate of change you will see as you increase temp onscreen (some people like it higher)
You can also increase or decrease the resistance to change the temp of the coil without changing the rate of change, in .001 increments to dial in the settings you want. Increasing the resistance will increase the coil temp.

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Profiles:
I have a profile for power and a profile for TC

P1:
Name : Power
Power : 33W
Mode : Power

P2 :
Name : Splinter
Power : 45W
Mode: Temp Control Setup: PI-Regulator:Enabled P:1850 I:300 (default values)
Coil Material : TCR 125
Temp Step : 1C
Temp Dominant :check

P3 - P8 : Disabled

Screen > Appearance > Main screen skin : Foxy
> Regional : degrees C

Controls > Multi Clicks > TC mode fire Button Clicks - 2 Autofire, 3 Edit, 4 Select Profile
If you want to cruise in wattage mode you need to change the VW fire button multi clicks in the same way.

Smart > Off

Advanced > Puf Cut-Off - 60s (this is the autofire and max puff time)
Ryan (RBT) says not to go over 45W with the Splinter so I have the Power Limit set at 60W

And I vape at around 200C

You need a good cold resistance reading for temp control to work, best taken after the Splinter and Mod haven't been used for at least an hour.
The TCR is the rate of change of temp with resistance (or is it the other way round?) so increasing the TCR will increase the temp of the coil and the rate of change you will see as you increase temp onscreen (some people like it higher)
You can also increase or decrease the resistance to change the temp of the coil without changing the rate of change, in .001 increments to dial in the settings you want. Increasing the resistance will increase the coil temp.
i saved the file for your viewing.

here it is - https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/UFQypcUa/file.html

so i guess i have the same profile as you..

wm762,

Hippie

Almost

P1:
Your resistance is high - it should be the same for all profiles (unless you've adjusted them as I described earlier)

P2:
I've not played with the Preheat so Preheat time : zero
Not sure it makes any difference but Resistance is unlocked
I'm vaping at just over 200C

You can enable 2A charging for the RX Gen3D in the Advanced menu

The rest is all personal choice really, I like to turn the brightness down, change some of the display and shortcut options, and give the profiles different names :)

We had a go at converting HerbieVonVapster's FCShare files for the DNA mods and creating some TFR files here that you can import via the material edit button http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-178 - so I have a few of them saved as different profiles too.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think I will be trying this soon with my P80...

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Doing it now, and trying to find the right TCR to get it right without a hotspot scorch building... Neither 105 nor 145 feel quite right so far, we are sure the PID values are find where they are?

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom