coney pop-vapor

Dsontech32

And yes the general opinion of this thread is that the Coney Pop-vapor is less problematic than the identical Fuzion galaxy. I'd get it bubblewrap or in parcel/box because of the glass parts too

Last edited:
Dsontech32,

BaroneBarra

How about efficiency? Is it possible to microdose with it?

Thing is, I'm not sure I'm the "right" user for this type of vape. I mostly vape after dinner for a light buzz to boost my creativity, or several times throughout the day on the weekend... But rarely to get smashed.
Before deciding to fuck combustion I was strictly a joint smoker, never even owned a bong.
If I understand correctly, the pop-vapor seems more like a powerful tool to get you wrecked, while for my everyday use a log would be better suited (I ordered a HGL because I'm convinced of that).

Does this make sense? Would someone that owns the vape like to chime in?

I mean, I think I'll buy it anyway. It's dirty cheap and I can imagine using it for groups, not to mention all that glass.

Dsontech32

It's excellent for micro dosing and far more efficient than a joint. The difference in amount that you use for a joint compared to putting a cone in this vape is a lot. You'll be actually saving your buds if you buy it and get a way better hit than a joint too. A medium cone in and get 2/3 hits. I think you would like using the glass wand that comes with it because it's great taste and you can pack a bowl have a hit or 2 and come back to it for another hit later-just stir the bud over after a 2/3 hits
I personally wouldnt buy this for a party scenario though but that's me
Yes it's a powerful unit perfect for microdosing and obviously you can decide how buzzed you need to be. How stoned you want to be is upto the user not the unit
If you don't want to get too wrecked prob just have a hit/2 from the wand,then take wand off unit ready for next time and give a stir before you do.

Dsontech32

I did own a cloud phantom conduction vaporiser which actually had the problem off needing a full chamber packed and you had to vape it all in the same session,wasn't economic on bud at all. But the coney pop vapor doesn't have this prob at all because it's convection which means the taste is way better and it's only heating your buds when your inhaling.
Best vape I've ever used
I've owned arizer solo and air,cloud v phantom with bubbler,volcano

BaroneBarra

Cheers @Dsontech32! That is a serious praise. Better than the 'cano??

Good to know that you can microdose with it, guess I had some wrong impressions on its use.
I stopped smoking months ago now, so I wasn't really comparing its efficiency with joints...more like with the Vapcap, which is what I'm exclusively using atm.

Also, why wouldn't you recommend it for a party scenario? Too little material you can vape at the same time? Cord is too short? Technique is hard to master?
I don't have guests around very often, 95% of the times it's just Ms. Barra and me.

Well I guess I'll find out soon enough 'cause I just ordered one!
Not that there were many doubts :cool:

Now I just need to find a nice glass piece to complement it with.

VAS + GAS = YAS :drool:

:peace:

BaroneBarra,

Dsontech32

Volcano needs a lot of bud which i never have,hence I'm a microdoser.
The party scenario could easily be done but yes the cord is short and glass parts worry me personally. Techniques not too hard but there is some. Glass parts are really cool,have a look in your local smoke shop and get one which isn't too big.you don't want it overly diffused because you will lose flavour and strength. My water attachments like a mini bubbler bong. I use the unit upright 18-18mm att with screen included to the whip cut in half which fits perfectly in one side of the 18mm att to another 18mm or the you can use the elbow glass piece included,to my mini bong bubbler.
I ended up using the whip so I can leave the unit upright instead of flipping it upside down and found it worked better I think due to heat rising,don't leave herb in when your not toking it,so in between tokes I take it out and stir if needed

Dsontech32

I'm still really in the process of experimenting myself when it comes to water attachments and wanted to stay away from the plastic whip but found it works really well and I can have my unit upright. I'm still going to try a bigger bong though to see how it handles with that. I had mine for a month so still early days

Dsontech32

Let me know how you go BaroneBarra,another tip is try to get a spot where you can see the vapor production. So If your about to combust or combusting you'll see the smoke and that way you can quickly detach from your water tool so you don't get get too much smoke in it and combustion residue which smells and tastes bad. I use the clear glass bit on the 18mm to check if I'm getting the amount of vapor I want

Dsontech32,

Dsontech32

And make sure your bud isn't too fresh and sticky,if so put it on a ps4 or electronic gear that gets warm for 15mins on each side,dryed bud will chop up to more and vapor production will increase. I've done that to fresh bud and it works really well. It turns squishy buds into perfectly dryed solid buds,which chops upto a bigger amount and makes more vapor

Dsontech32,

Dsontech32

And make sure your bud isn't too fresh and sticky,if so put it on a ps4 or electronic gear that gets warm for 15mins on each side,dryed bud will chop up to more and vapor production will increase. I've done that to fresh bud and it works really well

Dsontech32,

BaroneBarra

Unfortunately they messed up with the shipment and I'm now abroad for at least a month...
Will update with my impressions as soon as I get to try it, mid-September probably!

BaroneBarra,

BaroneBarra

Here I am!
After some problems with shipping, I got my black coney pop-vapor in the mail last week.
I'm not very satisfied at this point, but it's the first time I try a desktop vape like this one so I believe this is due to my inexperience.

First thing I noticed was that the ceramic coil was crooked, so I pushed it with a chopstick through the whole in the glass and straightened it out. I then turned it on and the smell of plastic was immediately very strong. I did two separate 3-hours long burn offs and, after having vaped a bowl through it, it went away.

Actual usage: I've only tried the wand because I'm a bit confused about the other adapters, but I will try it with the plastic whip (which doesn't smell great either) and especially with my bong (I guess with a basket screen?).
The three times I vaped through it I scorched the herbs, tho. At first I was using ground herb, but it was incredibly messy. Then I tried to put a couple medium pinches taken directly from the nug, but they came out scorched on one side and green on the other.

This is my process: I turn the vape on at the 10 o'clock position (the knob is finicky as hell), let it heat up for 10/15 minutes, put the herb in the wand, insert the wand with the vape upside-down, rotate and sip slowly.
I get a couple of wispy and hot clouds, and the ABV comes out light brown and scorched.
Honestly, I stopped experimenting because I felt I was wasting a lot of herb and I can't really afford that atm.

What do you reckon I'm doing wrong? Should I turn the heat down a notch?

Also, based on the foul smell of components and the crooked coil, should I just return the vape and ask that they send me another one?

BaroneBarra,

olivianewtonjohn

I recommend you get something better for your first desktop vaporizer. Are other tried and true options not going to work for you? IDK how much more expensive they are but unless its alot I would recommend something higher quality.

olivianewtonjohn,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Here I am!
After some problems with shipping, I got my black coney pop-vapor in the mail last week.
I'm not very satisfied at this point, but it's the first time I try a desktop vape like this one so I believe this is due to my inexperience.

First thing I noticed was that the ceramic coil was crooked, so I pushed it with a chopstick through the whole in the glass and straightened it out. I then turned it on and the smell of plastic was immediately very strong. I did two separate 3-hours long burn offs and, after having vaped a bowl through it, it went away.

Actual usage: I've only tried the wand because I'm a bit confused about the other adapters, but I will try it with the plastic whip (which doesn't smell great either) and especially with my bong (I guess with a basket screen?).
The three times I vaped through it I scorched the herbs, tho. At first I was using ground herb, but it was incredibly messy. Then I tried to put a couple medium pinches taken directly from the nug, but they came out scorched on one side and green on the other.

This is my process: I turn the vape on at the 10 o'clock position (the knob is finicky as hell), let it heat up for 10/15 minutes, put the herb in the wand, insert the wand with the vape upside-down, rotate and sip slowly.
I get a couple of wispy and hot clouds, and the ABV comes out light brown and scorched.
Honestly, I stopped experimenting because I felt I was wasting a lot of herb and I can't really afford that atm.

What do you reckon I'm doing wrong? Should I turn the heat down a notch?

Also, based on the foul smell of components and the crooked coil, should I just return the vape and ask that they send me another one?
Funny enough i have similar experience to your with my Galaxy FUZION, and i dont consider myself an unexperienced vaporist. Better get rid of that crappy vape,cause you might have gotten a lemon with it. I found glue under the silicone ring at the bottom. Which is next to the heater base whicb gets darn hot.. and made it off gassing/releasing smell. I wont bash any further this product,cause i dont wanna step on the toes of people who like it...,but this is probably the crappiest vape i've ever tried.

Abysmal Vapor,

Dsontech32

if your leaving it on for 15mins or more it will always be extremely hot and it needs to be just past the on switch say nine o'clock,if you've just turned it on you can set a higher temps...don't use the knob for turning on,use wall switch
I combusted a few times at the start too but took note and adjusted temp and warm up times to suit me...the longer you leave it on the less temp needed on the knob
This is still my fav vape easily,you do have to find a setting/process that works for you but once you do it's easy. Keep adjusting the heat and time left on before use,untill you find your sweet spot,but yeh if you want it on for 10mins or more the temp needs to be lowered

Last edited:
Dsontech32,

BaroneBarra

Thanks guys for chiming in.

@Dsontech32 I tried another time last night, left it 10 minutes at 9 o'clock position and still scorched the two little nugs I put in.
At this point I believe this unit may run a little too hot, and since there were other problems I've asked the vendor to return it.
I remember reading about the potentiometer wall switch idea and I think I'll go that route, it's actually a good way to leave the knob (that I personally hate) out of the equation.

Cheers!

BaroneBarra,

Dsontech32

Sorry to hear that,I returned 2 units,one was missing part heater cover and 2nd unit the knob was too weak and flickerd when turned high...third time lucky
Yes that knob is crap,so il leave it on and always use the wall switch to power up
Yes you might have a unit that runs too hot which was mentioned in forums because if I was to leave mine on at nine o'clock for 10mins it would be fine and I might even turn it up maybe to get last out of it after stirring
Are you putting enough in,say half off the wand screen or the other screen??
Apart from that either return it or maybe try not leaving it on for 10mins
Aswell important when your using that wand,there's a noise that will be made when your inhaling it correctly. It sounds like you can hear wind...if you don't hear it your not inhaling it correctly and prob will just burn... It's that inhaling technique for most of Seventh Floor vapes-Dabudda,SSv and the original Lsv (pop coney wand spinoff)

Dsontech32,
Top Bottom