Condo just sent entire building no smoking violation. Not sure if they talking about me but I'm worried. Should I stop vaping or take a break?

Vaporware

@florduh I completely agree man, and I’m very much against this push toward corporate landlords instead of home ownership, and while I think it’s uncool to smoke in places that non-smokers will have to live after you, I think people should be free to live the way they want to in their own homes as long as they’re not hurting anyone else.

Unfortunately our lease terms are a bit on the harsh side, but we’re in a hot market and it was hard to even get this place!

I don’t know if the contents of the e-juice he vapes is worse than average or not, I just know the way we realized he was doing it in his room was that his windows got hazy over the winter, and unlike the other windows they never cleared up*. I have to assume that’s on the walls and everything else in there too, and even with my allergy problems I can smell it in that part of the house all the time now… :disgust:

I know he blows out a huge cloud of the stuff every time, but I thought that was pretty normal in the e-cig world?

Anyway, for anyone not following closely, I was trying to distinguish that from cannabis vapor which I’ve never seen a problem with. :)

*I also saw someone talking about a friend’s car windows being similarly affected yesterday, but I don’t remember which thread that was in… :hmm:

florduh

Unfortunately our lease terms are a bit on the harsh side, but we’re in a hot market and it was hard to even get this place!
Yeah, that's why I never jumped on OP with "well, it's in your lease". That implies OP has the ability to choose a building without these stipulations. In a tight market with more and more corporate control over residential real estate, that just might not be an option anymore.

I know he blows out a huge cloud of the stuff every time, but I thought that was pretty normal in the e-cig world?

Maybe. My feeling is that's more of a niche within the vaping community. Most of us were just trying to get off cigs, not "blow sick clouds". It probably depends on how many ml's someone vapes in a day. At my height it was like 1-2ml per day. Like 95% of e-juice consists the same stuff that's in fog machines. So that's just not a lot of "chemicals" to settle on surfaces. That's why I said having a lit candle for an hour or two is lowering the air quality more than my vaping did.

But it sounds like your roommate is pumping out way more fog than that. He also sounds like a dick. People need to be kind to their housemates.

Last edited:

Vaporware

@florduh Thanks for the perspective, glad not everyone has to deal with that. :) I figured it was a lot of the carrier (PEG or VG or whatever they put in it) being exhaled. but I never really looked into.

We can get “reclaim” on things in our air path, so I suppose if I was blowing such “sick clouds” I might end up leaving some noticeable residue too? :shrug:

He’s generally not a dick, but I think he is developing a drinking problem (seconds after he gets home until he goes to sleep) and that doesn’t help people make good decisions… :disgust:

Vaporware,
  • Sad
Reactions: florduh

florduh

@florduh Thanks for the perspective, glad not everyone has to deal with that. :) I figured it was a lot of the carrier (PEG or VG or whatever they put in it) being exhaled. but I never really looked into.

We can get “reclaim” on things in our air path, so I suppose if I was blowing such “sick clouds” I might end up leaving some noticeable residue too? :shrug:

He’s generally not a dick, but I think he is developing a drinking problem (seconds after he gets home until he goes to sleep) and that doesn’t help people make good decisions… :disgust:

Booze and nicotine go hand and hand, so that may be part of it. Flavoring might come into play too, though it would be a very small component of the juice and vapor. I'm sure it's possible to vape enough that residue gets on windows and stuff, but it should be pretty easily cleanable. I just never noticed it. I'd vape in the car with a window cracked. Never saw any build up on the windows the way you would with cigs.

E-cig vapor is much easier to deal with than even concentrate vapor. Which is easier o deal with than flower vapor. If the weather's nice enough, just cracking a window would be enough for his vapor to dissipate.

I received a similar notice on a few occasions. The latest letter had a hearing date. Got an approval from my Doctor, the state and wife. Wrote a letter to the Board attorney claiming HIPPA law and privacy. Added vaping is vapor, not smoke! BBQ’s blow smoke and the smell lingers like hypocrites.

My next step was to open all curtains and allow the public (board members) to watch me vape while displaying my collection. After a short time the members stopped their complaints and walk-by’s. I guessing they had a bright attorney.

Curtains are closed and I’m a happy camper.

Stand up and good will.

oldfool

If you're not combusting, it's not a smoke smell.
vaping is vapor, not smoke!
nodding-nodding-head.gif

Summer

Long Island, NY
I think a log vape sounds like a solid suggestion.

As far as your price range, check out both the HI & the e-nano threads. Don't know if Alan has a new website, but the nano is www.epicvape.com. Don't know if Underdog has any inexpensive, ready-made vapes, but you can peruse the thread or dm him. www.underdogvapes.com

BTW, the Smokebuddy is the "one & only." Homemade ones can be made out of a toilet paper cardboard insert stuffed with a dryer sheet, or you could always mist cologne on tissues & insert that (ymmv).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Top Bottom