Condo apartment building sending excessive no smoking reminders to entire building. 7 email in the past month and a half and concerned if they talking

Reez79

Condo is 10 floors with over a 100 apartments in it. Lately for the past month and the half they have sent 7 no smoking reminder email in the past month and a half including yesterday and 4 days ago. This has never happened before and has my girlfriend freaking out.

It’s the same “dear residents” email reminding people smoking is not tolerated in the building, balcony, terrace, rooftop or staircase. The last email specifically mentioned vaping as well which is including in the no smoking lease.

The email also says to call the concierge if you smell smoking and they informed him on steps how to investigate

We are using the Roffu and Stempod si. We don’t know who they talking about because the email got sent to everyone but it has my girl freaking out. They have sent these type of emails in the past but never sent this many emails before. What do we do? Do you think they are talking about us?

Reez79,
  • Sad
Reactions: fangorn

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

How come you didn't want to reply to update your previous thread?? Seems like the exact same issue... I wouldn't worry about it, I bet other people in your building are just blazing and don't give a shit lol she just too paranoid

Reez79

How come you didn't want to reply to update your previous thread?? Seems like the exact same issue... I wouldn't worry about it, I bet other people in your building are just blazing and don't give a shit lol she just too paranoid
Oh shit you remember lol. The only difference this time is that the emails are pretty excessive recently, like 7 or 8 in the last month and a half. It’s never been this many emails back to back since living there. I think that’s what got her more paranoid because of the back to back emails. At the same time it says “Dear residents” so not singling anyone out but was concerned.

Usually it’s like 3 or 4 of these emails a year so it kinda different this time

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh shit you remember lol. The only difference this time is that the emails are pretty excessive recently, like 7 or 8 in the last month and a half. It’s never been this many emails back to back since living there. I think that’s what got her more paranoid because of the back to back emails. At the same time it says “Dear residents” so not singling anyone out but was concerned.

Usually it’s like 3 or 4 of these emails a year so it kinda different this time

Haha yeah the way you worded it and the details made me remember instantly, so all I had to do is click on your name to find the original thread... All good! ;)

But yeah my guess is someone else in your building is actually smoking, I would not think it's about you if you are using roffu and stempod only, especially because you are probably using them very carefully on top of that... :tinfoil:

Yes again sounds like a not friendly place to live unfortunately that's always such an ordeal! But the problem really, is you and your GF rather, the reaction... If you're not able to use comfortably, getting those warnings, then something has to give? Either she has to quit the use, or agree to move, or find a way to not be so anxious about it?? Easier said than done, but learning to control your own reactions can really become a superpower :nod:

Dankvinci

Get a smoke buddy carbon filter!! You blow the smoke, or vapor right into the filter.

Dankvinci,

fangorn

I immediately made the link with the old thread too!

I grew it in France in a building.
I lived on the 4th floor... and a neighbor on the 11th started to investigate, tell everyone about it... and come knocking on doors. I had opened my tent too much and all the air was no longer passing through the carbon filter...

In short, put a little Ona gel in a bowl in front of your front door. your neighbors will tell you that your place smells good every time they pass you at your door!
it's a little expensive but it's okay if you buy in large quantities... and I assure you that your girlfriend will be calm...

fangorn,
Top Bottom