Concentrate device for daily use.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Yea, money sink for sure. Initial purchase was like.... ok expensive, but I can I can live with that. Then it was like.... ok I need all these things to make it work better and then you are like over a thousand in the hole.

scy123,
Reactions: arb

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have a couple empty carts from PCKT coming, and I wondered if there is a way to clean them before using them. One is ceramic and one is not. I'm thinking the ceramic one might be safer to clean. I bought one from a local store the other day to try out the FSHO I got and there was some taste from it that didn't seem like it came from the oil...

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't have a plan, that is why I said "I wondered if there is a way to clean them before using them". ;)

If the past tense of "wondered" fooled you it was in error. I am still wondering.

Last edited:

strech

With you thinking ones safer to clean then the other I thought maybe you had some kinda of thought on how to achieve said clean.

But alas we are both left wondering....

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I have never had one apart, but my understanding is that the regular ones have a wick that I am guessing is a fabric of some kind that draws the concentrate to the heater, and that might be damaged by soaking in water or ISO. If the ceramic ones have no wick they might respond better to cleaning. Completely uneducated guesses, but that is all I have. I like to clean things I breath through before using them when I can.

I noticed the first prefilled one I had was plastic rather than glass when I pointed a lighter at it to heat the goods for some better flow and I got too close and a bubble formed in the plastic. I suspect glass is a better and maybe cleaner medium, tho heating the vial directly is still likely not a good plan.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: arb

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I just started research on this subject.
I’m using both the metal & full ceramic distillate “SPRK” carts.
I don’t feel the need to clean them before use, though if it were easy and practical, I would.

Reason I’d like to clean them, is after a 2nd “gram” refill, the little bit of THC distillate that’s at the bottom gets fouled up over time and effects the new oil added. There is barely any oil covering the 4 holes, but I don’t want to vape it totally dry, and possibly burn out the coil imbedded in the ceramic. I’d like to see if I can get 3-4 refills before replacing.

It would be great to be able to clean a refillable cart, between refills!

I believe both model of SPRK carts, are COTTON FREE. If it’s just glass, ceramic, and heating wire, it seems these could possibly be cleaned with 99% ISO, then water soaked and rinsed and long air dry. I also wonder if my ultrasonic cleaner would be ok, that would be an ultimate clean, if it doesn’t screw up the cart.

Many other carts, including the CCell TH2, have COTTON wrapped over the ceramic to aid in wicking, I opened a broken one to confirm. That’s one reason folks say not to use ISO, but if there is no cotton, like the SPRK, maybe it’s fine?

I’ll continue to research, and will experiment on my own SPRK carts.

RustyOldNail,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, those SPARKs are the ones I got too, one of each the metal and ceramic. We'll see how it goes I guess. They seem like a reliable enough vendor to consider purity so cleaning in advance may not be necessary, but being new to this tech I have no way of knowing.

cybrguy,

RustyOldNail

Yeah, those SPARKs are the ones I got too, one of each the metal and ceramic. We'll see how it goes I guess. They seem like a reliable enough vendor to consider purity so cleaning in advance may not be necessary, but being new to this tech I have no way of knowing.

Evidently, all these carts are made in China, I know, shocking... :)
I’m sure some may have issues, especially the really cheap plastic ones, which I don’t use. I’m going to try and find out if the folks that buy these carts in volume and fill them, wash them first. I have a feeling they don’t, and perhaps they are supposed to be sanitary and ready to fill?

I’ve been lurking on this forum below, these folks buy carts by the thousands.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: cybrguy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is the packaging on the cart I bought locally. No branding to speak of with Rick and Morty pics on the package. They say its ceramic and made in China. It does seem to be glass. I have no reason to have any faith in the quality of this and only bought it because it was all I could find nearby. And the flavor seemed a little off, tho it was my first FSHO.20210405_133759_resized.jpg20210405_133854_resized.jpg

RustyOldNail

So far, I’ve only been filling empty carts, from the “Sesh” brand, the 1g distillate comes in a small glass syringe. I heat up both the empty cart, and syringe, on a coffee cup warmer for a few minutes, and it flows in nice. I have yet to have experienced a pre-filled dispensary cart. Seems filling your own, at least allows one to choose their own carts, and I assume any prefills may use the snap-on style cap, and thus not easy to refill.

RustyOldNail,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The SPARKs came, and boy are they a class act compared to the crappy one I bought locally. I haven't filled one yet but there is no comparing them by looks or feel. The metal one has some heft.

I may try to get some of the oil I have in the cheap one out, but that is likely more effort than necessary and it probably has less than .2g in it so I probably will just use it as is.

cybrguy,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This is the packaging on the cart I bought locally. No branding to speak of with Rick and Morty pics on the package. They say its ceramic and made in China. It does seem to be glass. I have no reason to have any faith in the quality of this and only bought it because it was all I could find nearby. And the flavor seemed a little off, tho it was my first FSHO.View attachment 6938View attachment 6939
These are the ceramic carts I got recently... pretty tasty actually...! Never heard anything about 'em other than their spiel:

ALL CERAMIC CARTRIDGE

The type of ceramic used in these cartridges was originally developed for heat dissipating tiles on the space shuttle. It is a material with extreme hardness that is totally inert, which means it cannot interact with our live resin. The ceramic atomizing core has no cotton or fiberglass membrane around it because the porosity of the ceramic itself has been engineered for the viscosity of our oil, so you are ensured no reduction in the purity of the oil over time. All the gaskets are food grade silicone making this a superior vaping cartridge for live resin.

SeaWeed Co. (Maine)

seaweed.jpg

I did not buy them direct thru SeaWeed. I got them thru my Caregiver for less than HALF (fuckers!)...

LOVE THY CAREGIVER

Kins

Carts are disgusting as far as taste goes, plus they seem to get clogged a lot. Screw carts.

Kins,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Carts are disgusting as far as taste goes, plus they seem to get clogged a lot. Screw carts.
Thanks for the very informative and most thoughtful reply...!

(not one of the four carts I got has even remotely gotten close to being clogged and hits beautifully and tastefully at 2.80 - 3.20 volts.... super easy and pretty fuckin almost dab-like with stealth that can't be beat!)

Kins

Thanks for the very informative and most thoughtful reply...!

(not one of the four carts I got has even remotely gotten close to being clogged and hits beautifully and tastefully at 2.80 - 3.20 volts.... super easy and pretty fuckin almost dab-like with stealth that can't be beat!)

I know I know I should shut up if my opinion differs.... Sorry! Thought I could just speak freely here but I guess that's not the case. I do sincerely apologize though if I have offended anyone. That was not my intention at all.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I know I know I should shut up if my opinion differs.... Sorry! Thought I could just speak freely here but I guess that's not the case. I do sincerely apologize though if I have offended anyone. That was not my intention at all.
Noooo! There's no need to get all huffy now... Please, fill me in on the all different kinds of carts and oils you've had... well, specifically, the all ceramic ones with live resin I posted... they clogged and tasted shitty? I haven't experienced this at all yet and I'm genuinely curious/worried it might happen...

Last edited:
Bologna,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That is not the case, your opinions are welcome whether they are unique or common, but tone should be a consideration. I responded poorly to you entirely because of the way you said what you said, not what you said. I shouldn't have but you triggered me a little. Sorry.
"I hate the way carts taste and I have had clogging problems with them. I do XYZ." wouldn't have bothered anyone. Anyway I am over my skis...
The ceramic atomizing core has no cotton or fiberglass membrane around it because the porosity of the ceramic itself has been engineered for the viscosity of our oil, so you are ensured no reduction in the purity of the oil over time.
I know this is marketing talk, but if it is the porosity of the ceramic and it is using some kind of capillary action to get to the heater I suppose ISO could get trapped in the ceramic. Maybe a sonic cleaner could dislodge that but I don't know. If that is how it works than ISO might not be a good choice.

cybrguy,
Reactions: BrianTL

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I know this is marketing talk, but if it is the porosity of the ceramic and it is using some kind of capillary action to get to the heater I suppose ISO could get trapped in the ceramic. Maybe a sonic cleaner could dislodge that but I don't know. If that is how it works than ISO might not be a good choice.
Sorry, I don't understand... ISO? For what?

Bologna,

RustyOldNail

You just went through the same thing in a different thread, and it was EXPLAINED to you, that it is not your opinion, that is usually the issue, lots of members here have opposing opinions. You often jump in a thread, shit on the product, and offer nothing useful. Normally, I simply skip your posts, but seeing this REPEAT in less then a few days...... oh forget it.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: BrianTL

Kins

You just went through the same thing in a different thread, and it was EXPLAINED to you, that it is not your opinion, that is usually the issue, lots of members here have opposing opinions. You often jump in a thread, shit on the product, and offer nothing useful. Normally, I simply skip your posts, but seeing this REPEAT in less then a few days...... oh forget it.

So because my opinion happens to be negative of a certain product that other people have a positive opinion on somehow this is "wrong" to you in some way?. That's exactly what you're saying, "You often jump in a thread, shit on the product, and offer nothing useful".

Why not just say it? "You're opinion of this product is wrong since it is negative and all of our opinions are positive."

You see if I make a thread about how much I love a certain vape and someone comes in the thread and says "I hate this vape. It sucks ass.". I wouldn't get all butt hurt about it. More than likely I'd just take it as varying opinions of different products and move on with my night. However I come into a thread titled "Concentrate device for daily use" and post a negative opinion of concentrate device for daily use and get attacked for yes my OPINION.

Kins,

doctapeppa

I gotta put a vote in for my daily driver for sofa concentrates. Dr Dabber Switch, ball attachment, SIC insert.

don’t get put off by the boost. The Switch is completely different.

doctapeppa,

Rob420

The SPARKs came, and boy are they a class act compared to the crappy one I bought locally. I haven't filled one yet but there is no comparing them by looks or feel. The metal one has some heft.

I may try to get some of the oil I have in the cheap one out, but that is likely more effort than necessary and it probably has less than .2g in it so I probably will just use it as is.
I am currently half way through my 3rd gram on two SPRK Cartridges, one ceramic & the other metal. Very thick BHO oil. Soaked them both in ISO after the second gram. Blew out the ISO, rinsed in warm water allowed to dry. They both tasted the same after cleaning & continue to work perfectly. Coming from tanks I find the draw very restrictive, especially on the ceramic version. Overall I think these are quality carts that can handle thick oil without issues.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Sorry, I don't understand... ISO? For what?
We have been talking about whether new empty carts should or can be cleaned before using. I have always tended to clean anything I was going to breath through before using it as long as it is possible and not detrimental to the product. Many products, especially those machined, may have residue or machine oil from the building process and that is likely not healthy to ingest.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom