concentrate dabbers

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I am looking for a good dabber for my concentrates. I didn't already find a thread about it. I've been using a xacto knife but want something a bit safer to have lying around. I like dental tools cause they are double sided but can't find one that works. Ideally id like one with a pick or stylus tool on one side. A small scoop or spatula on the other. All the ones I'm finding are picks on both sides or scoops on both sides. I saw some leather working tools they seem to fit the bill but have a overly thick handle. I was also considering the titanium dabber and spatula I saw on ALT. Anyone got any links to some? Let's see some dabber pics

YoGranMazPimp,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice! I think that maybe the one. I've been using my ssv pick and knife and slicing up the plastic jars the concentrates come in.

YoGranMazPimp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
There're loads of dabbers on Etsy. Some really nice glass dishes too (for me it's nice to get that concentrate out of the plastic jars OP- I often give my oil a very quick blast of heat to soften it a little to make it easier portion it with the dabber- i wouldn't do so with plastic). It's better value than the retailers 'shops'- it's definitely where I would look first, but they're mostly glass and so don't have the 'pick and scoop' aspect the OP speaks of- they're just a dabber. They work fine for me with my methods nevertheless, and they're prettier than metal.

http://www.etsy.com/search?search_submit=&q=concentrate dabber&view_type=gallery&page=2

Check out RookGlass, Turtleglass and a few others.

This one is quite a bargain for $40 IMO, compared to what the stores would retail such a combo for.
il_170x135.321544705.jpg

Or this one is $25 and pretty. Not sure if it's for perfume or something instead though- that market seems to offer much better value for money!!! Market glass as MJ related and the price doubles. It seems kinda fat tipped for anything but very viscous MJ concentrates, and maybe wouldn't fit between my skillet and curve. Might work for dabbing on a nail from the top though;
il_170x135.312567963.jpg

or these
il_170x135.318722837.jpg
il_170x135.317714038.jpg
il_170x135.316482826.jpg
il_170x135.313958532.jpg

Mostly glass on Etsy, but there're Ti dabbers too
il_170x135.317301233.jpg
il_170x135.313821847.jpg
il_170x135.318320884.jpg

Etsy is great. Not as great as it was, but still...

WatTyler,
Reactions: NineDelta

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice posts! Those glass pieces at etsy are nice and a crazy deal....the worked dishes i see elsewhere are like 80+ and the same for the glass worked dabbers.

Those skillet tools are so sick! I like mr dabilina! Must get those!

Just saw that set with the case and mr dabilina are not available on their site. Bummer.

YoGranMazPimp,
some of my friends use a pencil, not for me!! I went to my LHS and picked up their cheapest glass dabber/minipick.

biojuggernaut,

jdee

I have all kinds of dabbers (glass,titanium,ss) but the most indispensable one is the Heidbrink Root Pick #3

jdee,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So after this post showed me the skilletools, I went ahead and ordered me one from their website on the 21st. I had emailed before ordering and received a quick reply, letting me know one item was not available. After completing the order, I received no order confirmation, just a PayPal receipt. I waited after the weekend, didn't receive anything. So emailed this Monday, and haven't received a response.

So im starting to think I've been had. I didn't various searches and couldn't find out anything about them. didnt see any reports of the same happening to anyone else. I don't know what recourse I have. im going to try emailing them again. Paypals receipt says I can report a problem within the transaction within 45 days but dont know if that's like eBays protection where I can get my money back.

Anyone got any knowledge of the company or any info that may help?

YoGranMazPimp,

weedemon

enthusiast
glass dabber is the safest, but for the most part, those dental tools look pretty good to me too.

gotta say my first choice is glass 100% though.

weedemon,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah man nothing fancy but really function wise you won't do much better! good score :)

weedemon,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks Weedemon, compared to the $60 base price for a standard set at my LHS I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Gonzo,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
As i previously reported in this thread, i ordered the skillet tools directly from their website and didnt receive anything or no reply. Luckily i received my money back from paypal, well today i noticed their website (www.skilletools.com) is shut down and links to some yoga site. Lol so they must have got what they had coming. Id recommend not supporting them if you see them still is LHS or despensaries, as they obviously hustled more than just me.

YoGranMazPimp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It still works for me? And the cart links straight to paypal :huh:

I've had it before where I've typed in an address and it's taken me somewhere else though- not sure if it's a virus or something on my computer, or something causing a redirect on their end. Anyone know?

Bad form by skillet tools though.

WatTyler,

survyvr

Geeky ol' Crank
"Goo Dabbers"

This has a hook/scaler type end on one side and a scoop/curette type end on the other.
(FYI: There are photos around, but I could not locate atm.)

IMO, and according to others, this is just about the perfect configuration for "Curves",
and for "bho-mbs" with "Hunny/Honey Comb" thats too dry to dab 'per se'.

These were around about a year ago, "BM" apparently had listings at that time, no joy now.
I've been looking to no avail. Help? LMK?
Whoever can get these to market again would probably make a killing,
but I just want to try one...
Dab ya later...

survyvr,

herbivore21

Quartz is the best material for dabbers I have used and I will only use glass otherwise. Metals just flat out taste worse!

I wonder though if SiC dabbers/carbs might eventually come out and whether this could be the best flavor with much more durability than glass or even quartz? :D

herbivore21,
Reactions: NorVape

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Quartz is the best material for dabbers I have used and I will only use glass otherwise. Metals just flat out taste worse!

^^^ Agreed

I wonder though if SiC dabbers/carbs might eventually come out and whether this could be the best flavor with much more durability than glass or even quartz? :D

That would be sweet.

I dab mostly wax/budder and this dabber looks awesome: http://santacruzshredder.com/collec.../magic-tool-jumbo-aka-the-jumbo-cookie-cutter

Anyone seen anything like this in quartz (yeah right) or some other more neutral material?
OOH, and combined with a carb cap would be even better!

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: NorVape

KimDracula

The previous post made me think of this tool that I noticed at Vaporwarehouse. Looks like it's great for loading vape pens as well if you like those.

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/pick-tools-dabbers.html

I use a glass dabber most often, but find it useful to have a Skilletools Scoop Dogg for concentrates that like to crumble. I recently got a small tool with silicone coverings on the ends that is very useful for moving sticky stuff around, along with some silicone fingers.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...crape+tool&rh=i:aps,k:no+goo+vape+scrape+tool

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
^^^ that first option looks interesting.

stainless steel?
How does stainless work for a dabber?
How much heat is a dabber exposed to?

alittledabwilldoya',

Dopeydiver

Looks like Skilletools.com is back up and offering a 20% discount through 9/30. I decided to try out a starter pack for dabber tools and various items. Will see if they pan out and let everyone know. . . .

Dopeydiver,

KimDracula

^^^ that first option looks interesting.

stainless steel?
How does stainless work for a dabber?
How much heat is a dabber exposed to?

It's not working so well for me as a dabber but that is due mostly to the form of the VB2 (the tool isn't really long enough so it's uncomfortable for me to get the dab all the way to the ceramic plate inside the dome while also depressing the top so the oil ends up fleeing upward into the "tophat" when I don't keep the button down.). If you were dabbing onto a nail or banger, however, it should work fine. I recommend pressing the button, extruding the product and wiping it off onto the hot surface. The stainless steel isn't a problem. They tout it as a better material for this than Ti because it conducts less easily, but I think the real-world difference is negligible. It would definitely be great for loading vape pens, too, but I don't use those. I was looking for something that would make crumbly concentrates easier to handle and dab for my VB2 and it's not really doing the job for me, but it could be worth a try for more traditional dabbing, I think.

Top Bottom