Combusting what comes out of your vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcano South

I cleaned my easy valve a few days ago.

I used a clean metal tool to scrape out a huge sticky black ball of goo from the top of the Cano.

Code:
               |  |    <--- where bag nozzle hooks on
          /         \
         /           \  <-- area where ball came from
        /------------\ <--- screen
       /  medical    \
      / herb is here \
      /----------------\ <---- screen
     /      hot air    \
That's how it's shaped. The ball came from above the final screen. Not much plant material makes it through honestly because I don't grind mine into oblivion because I enjoy making QWISO hash with quantity (>1oz) of duff.

So... I decided to smoke it.

I got amazingly ripped but I coughed like no other. It didn't ooze and stick to me like pipe resin, I could freely roll it around and to be honest.... it smelled amazing.... almost green?

Anyone else done something similar. I'm not sure how other vapes work, meaning I don't know if when cleaning them you have an area of vapor resin deposit.

What would one estimate the THC% of the resin to be? Similar to hash?

Volcano South,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Volcano South said:
I cleaned my easy valve a few days ago.

I used a clean metal tool to scrape out a huge sticky black ball of goo from the top of the Cano.

Code:
               |  |    <--- where bag nozzle hooks on
          /         \
         /           \  <-- area where ball came from
        /------------\ <--- screen
       /  medical    \
      / herb is here \
      /----------------\ <---- screen
     /      hot air    \
That's how it's shaped. The ball came from above the final screen. Not much plant material makes it through honestly because I don't grind mine into oblivion because I enjoy making QWISO hash with quantity (>1oz) of duff.

So... I decided to smoke it.

I got amazingly ripped but I coughed like no other. It didn't ooze and stick to me like pipe resin, I could freely roll it around and to be honest.... it smelled amazing.... almost green?

Anyone else done something similar. I'm not sure how other vapes work, meaning I don't know if when cleaning them you have an area of vapor resin deposit.

What would one estimate the THC% of the resin to be? Similar to hash?
i wash that shit away...i like clean tubes at least once a week

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hell yeah, condensed vapor resin is great. There are few threads on how to harvest it from glass and tubing, some people collect it from the inside of bags too.

Extra Virgin Vape-Oil

Cleaning the tubes

Hennessy1414 said:
I'm surprised considering you told AoZ to drink his bong water lest he waste THC. This is just forum etiquette nitpicking but was it really necessary to quote Volcano South above?

vtac,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vtac said:
Hell yeah, condensed vapor resin is amazing, honey oil or close to it. There are few threads on how to harvest it from glass and tubing, some people collect it from the inside of bags too.

Extra Virgin Vape-Oil

Cleaning the tubes

Hennessy1414 said:
I'm surprised considering you told AoZ to drink his bong water lest he waste THC. This is just forum etiquette nitpicking but was it really necessary to quote Volcano South above?
hey man i just really enjoy a fresh clean draw on my PD.....the resin blocks the holes and creates for a longer process to scrape it or whatever...im good wit the bowls and hash i got :brow:

as for the AoZ ref.^.......this community loves bringing up things from the past! :lol: whatever....and its not bong water...just some tasty nug by product....remember fuck combustion ;)

Hennessy1414,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
What you have there VC is the 'cano equiv of whip hash ;) Like you said:

It didn't ooze and stick to me like pipe resin, I could freely roll it around and to be honest.... it smelled amazing
Just like whip hash and this in a way defines the difference between vapping and combusting. Pipe resin although gets you vaked is sticky gooey shit that has a foul smell and sticks to your fingers. vapor/whip hash smells great and can be rolled in your fingers without sticking. And vaps real well :tup:

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
i just really enjoy a fresh clean draw on my PD.....the resin blocks the holes and creates for a longer process to scrape it or whatever...
I'd have to say that something in the way you're using the PD needs improving. In over six months of use, I've only cleaned my tubes a few times and never had single PD screen blocked with residue. Since vtac gets some high quality, sticky stuff to load in his, and his cleaning needs parallel mine, more or less, I don't think it's a difference in the herb quality.

max,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
max said:
i just really enjoy a fresh clean draw on my PD.....the resin blocks the holes and creates for a longer process to scrape it or whatever...
I'd have to say that something in the way you're using the PD needs improving. In over six months of use, I've only cleaned my tubes a few times and never had single PD screen blocked with residue. Since vtac gets some high quality, sticky stuff to load in his, and his cleaning needs parallel mine, more or less, I don't think it's a difference in the herb quality.
well its a small difference...but after like 30 or 40 bowls then yes it needs a cleaning...if the rings on the outside of the bowl are clear then the hit is great! :brow:

my personal pref...i never lose(vapeing) time at all. I have a bottle of 99% iso alc. sitting next to my computer with a lid and i drop in my stems every once and a while...shake...let it sit for a while and retrieve with a paper clip. wash out with warm water....brand new

just like some glass connoisseurs that clean their piece after every session i like my shit "new" looking/tasting

bottom line:
pd.gif
RULES! :ninja:

Hennessy1414,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
The cool thing is ... you can do that with the PD stems because there is no whip-hash to collect so a continuous cleaning cycle works well. On the ohter hand - I like to let the condensates build up in my box vape whip for tasty whip-hash scraping :D

vaporcloud,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vaporcloud said:
The cool thing is ... you can do that with the PD stems because there is no whip-hash to collect so a continuous cleaning cycle works well. On the ohter hand - I like to let the condensates build up in my box vape whip for tasty whip-hash scraping :D
small bowl efficiency vs. fat whip hitting dome ruptures....different stories there folks ;)

:D

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Actually when changing out my screens yesterday, I collected the tiniest little piece of 'vapor hash' from my PD stems.... I put it on top of a little bit of nuggy and it got me faded. It was collecting on the metal part, past the screen, not much but it did surprise me.

That said, I love 'vapor/wand hash'..... it's basically condensed vapor.... pure gold. :ko: I actually haven't used my VaporWarez in days so I probably won't be enjoying some for quite a while. :lol:

And as for cleaning the PD stems, I use the purple tube, it has 70% iso alcohol in it and I simply leave the alcohol in there.... from all the cleaning, it's become a dark golden amber color. When I swirl it around, it becomes clouded with the little kiefy crystals, like a snow globe. Some day when the iso loses it's power, I'll pour it out and see what evaporates.

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Since I have started to use the tubing extension on the PD I have noticed some build up on the clear tubing. Its mininal ... kinda just shows up becuase the light is distorting a little when it passing thru or hits the residue. Its very light in colour but I can only imagine its purity. :brow:

With my vaporite, some crumbs do get past the screen and its a gets a goldy/brown color to it due to the dust particles mixing with the hash. But can't see this happening with the PD tube extension tho coz hardly anything gets past the PD screen. So over time I'm hoping to gets some PD hash that is pure as fuck! :ko:

vaporcloud,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Nice idea VC. I would love to try this elusive wand hash I hear about. I've only got the PD. No wand hash to be had there.

On a side note...I smoked a lot of the duff I made with the first vape. It works, and gets you stone. Only for a short time though. It is a lot like crappy regs. Works, but you'll need a bunch! Also if the bud wasn't leeched properly then you'll really just be heating up the nutrients/pesticides the grower used. Even if it is an organic grow...it can still have bad natural chems added to your smoke. Better off to just vape the goodness, and keep the left overs for emergencies only. IMO of course

DD

DigitalDavinci,

VapourFighter

When we have been cleaning the elbow and tube, my wife takes the vap oil and spreads it on papers. Once the paper is saturated to her liking, she roles up a joint with it. I'm not to keen on smoking joints anymore since we got the vap, but it does get you ripped. I'll take one or two and that's good enough.

I have a tupperware with iso that I have the elbows in. I rotate the elbows weekly.

What do you guys do with the bags when they are too sticky to use?

VapourFighter,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom