Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Texus

Hope you all are enjoying the art of vaping!
IMG-7726.jpg

I think this ol' electric ceramic hippie pipe is still the most powerful (and among the best) of the vapes I've owned. It's the OG ball vape after all! ; ) Flavor and effects are outstanding, not to mention the aesthetics! It's a happy machine.
Yeah, there is something about the airflow and big ole clouds. Returned to this and Herborizer from being ball vape focused and been reminded just how great these are.

Felix Denzler

Manufacturer
Hope you all are enjoying the art of vaping!
IMG-7726.jpg

I think this ol' electric ceramic hippie pipe is still the most powerful (and among the best) of the vapes I've owned. It's the OG ball vape after all! ; ) Flavor and effects are outstanding, not to mention the aesthetics! It's a happy machine.
I would love to share my collection here but forgot how to upload pictures in the forum :D

Reading that i felt very happy cause thats all the same i feel. Of course i do cause i make them but to read that similar from others is the best :)
Have a nice sunday

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
would love to share my collection here but forgot how to upload pictures in the forum

Ah you have to upload to an external host like imgur or imgbb and then paste the link or bb code respectively here to show photos

Shit Snacks,

Shafty

A while back I bought a slightly used OAB from a member on here. It worked just as I expected it to, but the flavor was a bit off. After some testing, we figured out it was the kanthal coil.

Couple weeks back I replaced the coil with the new ceramic cartridge heater. That made a significant difference in flavor. The new heater has a relatively neutral taste(no off flavors, but not perfect) and heats up a bit faster. It improved it from a brute force heavy hitter to a legit contender for my favorite. The only thing missing is better temp/power control.

A while back I bought a slightly used OAB from a member on here. It worked just as I expected it to, but the flavor was a bit off. After some testing, we figured out it was the kanthal coil.

Couple weeks back I replaced the coil with the new ceramic cartridge heater. That made a significant difference in flavor. The new heater has a relatively neutral taste(no off flavors, but not perfect) and heats up a bit faster. It improved it from a brute force heavy hitter to a legit contender for my favorite. The only thing missing is better temp/power control.
I am curious, how many watts does the new heater use? 50w?
I am still on Kanthal wire here.

coolbreeze

When did they change the heaters? Wonder which one mine’s got
It seemed like it was just before they broke up, maybe? It was an option offered for repairs and after-market. I think Jaxel had plans to switch to them for reliability, I think. If you look at their Flavor Masters, they do not include a heater at all, you buy the cartridge heater as an add-on, to avoid licencing fees. I'm not sure if Felix offers the cartridge; I assume he builds the kanthal heaters still.

In any case you should be able to see. I'm not sure what the cartridge setup looks like in place but the Kanthal wire wrapped around the ceramic core is unmistakable.

Shit Snacks

When did they change the heaters? Wonder which one mine’s got

You probably have the original, not many of the new heaters are out there, jaxel did that on their own, and how they sold through glassgrassvas so if you bought one direct from them it could be the newer cartridge heater, but most of us have the original

Shafty

Has anyone hooked one of these up to a PID? Can I get a basic PID kit from CH, strip the wires back and mount a plug?

Shafty,

fropones

Has anyone hooked one of these up to a PID? Can I get a basic PID kit from CH, strip the wires back and mount a plug?
Were it possible, I think you'd need an Auber or one you can change the settings on if you want the temperature control anywhere close to accurate. I'm not sure how things would change for a kanthal coil instead of a typical coil

fropones,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It's possible but not as easy as you suggest with just installing a plug.

Most common PIDs output local mains voltage to the coil. They won't work (without modification at the very least) because the element normally runs off a low voltage DC PSU. The car PID kit that CH used to sell might work like that for you as those coils the also run off 12v DC. They haven't been available for a long while afaik though, but you could get a bare bones PID controller from AliExpress or similar that is compatible. You would also need to add a thermocouple, and probably tune the PID values to get to an appropriate setting. The bakx style DIY thread has some information from @highvaper about making a low voltage PID with a raspberry pi which would probably work for this too.

To do this wouldn't be overly complex, but it's certainly not trivial either.

highvaper

As far as i remember these just have a kanthal coil inside?

If so could very easily be controlled by a pid just hook the coil up to a mosfet or solid state relay and the pwm output of a pid

highvaper,
Reactions: Cheebsy

nekozuki

Has anyone changed out the heater coil in the OAB Mini? I'm having a hell of a time getting any wire to make the turn so it will come out of the ball. I am feeding it up from the bottom, neither side is making the turn. Is there some magical wire? I've been trying everything and have spent too much already on different gauge wires. It bangs up against something, won't turn, and when I try shoving it up there to force it to turn, the wire near my hand at the base bends. I'm stuck.

nekozuki,

PossumMD

Has anyone changed out the heater coil in the OAB Mini? I'm having a hell of a time getting any wire to make the turn so it will come out of the ball. I am feeding it up from the bottom, neither side is making the turn. Is there some magical wire? I've been trying everything and have spent too much already on different gauge wires. It bangs up against something, won't turn, and when I try shoving it up there to force it to turn, the wire near my hand at the base bends. I'm stuck.
Is it possible to got the other way? Other than that, got nothing sorry.

PossumMD,

coolbreeze

If you can go from the other direction, can you feed a line or single, thin wire thru? If so maybe you can tie the ends of the cables with it and pull them through?

Shafty

Take some strong thread and tie it to your wire with a fisherman knot at the very end. Tape over all the air holes. Get a piece of tubing and either stuck or blow the thread through.

If you're rebuilding the old style coil, I'd say quit while you're ahead and get the new heater. Don't use the shrink tube they provide, it's too stiff. Just get regular from any hardware store.

Kaptan

I’ve done repairs for Daniel in the past and I can tell you routing the wires through is the most difficult part of the repair. It’s best to use a headlamp so you are able to see inside the head of the heater ball and also try slightly bending the end of the wire so it can easily go around the bend in the neck. Some twisting and turning may be needed to push it through. Once you can see the end of the wire in the head, you’ll need needle nose pliers to pull it through. Good luck!

DogBoy

know fear
...where can one acquire the screens...???....

...are they going to change the heater on new Vap Bongs...???...

...I never knew it suked...

Shit Snacks

...where can one acquire the screens...???....

You just need 3/4 inch size steel mesh screens you can get from anywhere like Amazon or eBay

...are they going to change the heater on new Vap Bongs...???...

What are you asking exactly?? The heater core was revised a while ago from jaxel, but now they sell them without a core at all... Vapbong from Colly and Felix still use the original core

...I never knew it suked...

??? :rofl::shrug:

DogBoy

know fear
...my Vap Bong and OAB both say collyland and jaxel on the botttom...

...I broke my old one...methinks that one was pre jaxel...

Shit Snacks

...my Vap Bong and OAB both say collyland and jaxel on the botttom...

...I broke my old one...methinks that one was pre jaxel...

Yep because they were all working together originally, when we were mostly buying, all of mine are made by jaxel and they were all bought from Daniel at Colly/AoV years ago (my first two are pre collyland name or branding but they are all the same, and jaxel was making most of them for a long time)

Top Bottom