Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

someTooL

Just visited and a Woodland Fantasy was showing in stock.

Edit: Hope someone snagged it.

Edit2: It was so hard for me not to add it to the cart. Love my Monsoon but the Woodland pics from this batch have been amazing.

Last edited:

doctapeppa

Yup @VGOODIEZ , the guy has fast and phenomenal service. I highly recommend going through him for heavy hitters and I guess anything really. I ordered it at 2pm a shipping label was created within the hour and usps already has it in their possession. Talk about sonic speed!
I've literally hit refresh on Vgoodies 200 times today, minimum and sold out always. What is the trick!? I'm signed up for the newsletter and everything.

Edit: Just adding here that I shot him an email and he indeed is a stand up guy! Thanks! I didn't get one....but there's hope... yay!

Last edited:

rowbam

I've literally hit refresh on Vgoodies 200 times today, minimum and sold out always. What is the trick!? I'm signed up for the newsletter and everything.

Edit: Just adding here that I shot him an email and he indeed is a stand up guy! Thanks! I didn't get one....but there's hope... yay!

Hang in there! It's well worth the wait. :tup:

Extracted a small bowl in maybe 4 hits tops tonight - no vapor after that. Very impressed at 10.6v. How fast does everyone else's extract?

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I had some thoughts about the crazed glaze / bacteria discussion a few days back here and came up with an idea of cleaning the device that I would like to discuss a bit. I don't like the idea of regularly ISO washing the ceramics as it seems a bit aggressive on the material?
Why not cleaning it with warm water with a squirt of dish soap and a fitting bottle brush.
Then I like what @Philabrookla wrote a while back. He fills the device with boiled water for cleaning.
That should do well against bacteria, right?
@Philabrookla: How long are you cleaning the Vapbong with boiling water now and how good is it taking it?
@AoV Daniel Can the ceramic withstand boiling water on a regular basis? It should be fine, but I'm just guessing.
I just do a 10 second process of pouring some boiling water through the downstem and dumping it. Every once in a while I'll repeat this a few times and pour some boiling water down the mouthpiece too. I wrap the heater in a paper towel to keep any steam or droplets out.

I was doing this every day before refilling the water, but now I just do it every week or so, because a basic water change and iso wipe on the inside of the downstem is satisfactory.

The daily water change is needed for smooth hits, but sanitizing the whole Aromatizer was never my intent, I'd use isopropyl if mold or bacteria was a concern for immune issues or high humidity climates.

The boiling water method was just my trick to knock out all the rez and gunk as fast as possible with as few rinses as possible, to get it hitting smooth again.

weedemon

enthusiast
I haven't deep cleaned my VB for over a year...

I just rinse a few times with water and let it be.

reading all these replies, I realize that everyone comes from a different walk of life, but I can't help but chuckle seeing how careful some of our members are being. (maybe they have a compromised immune system though, i don't know their life) However, I wonder if they have also considered that cannabinoids and terpenes seem to have an antiseptic effect in themselves?

If legionella is such a real and imminent danger, then why have we not lost any of our comrades from this forum to it? i'm not saying it's not possible, i'm just asking how likely is it really?

I am all for changing your water! please, do it! another vector for all this is drool. how many of us have gotten saliva into that water mix and not even noticed? it happens all the time! that leads to biofilm quickly!

Are we all gonna die? definitely, but from this? i doubt it.
Should we change our water often? heck yeah, it's gross if ya don't. (since covid i stopped sharing rigs even, everyone gets a new cleaned piece) since ya can't see in this one, all the more reason to form a good habit about cleaning it often.

vapirtoo

Damn my thoughts and feelings exactly!
Everyone is going to approach this differently, but good hygiene
in moderation is usually a good thing. Way back in the glass thread
distilled water and hydro something acid was the acme of clean clear
glass.
I just use hot water, soap and a weekly iso overnight soak (reused) and I'm
satisfied. To each, their own.
Fuck all that, back to vaping
Big chunks keep the screen clean and extend my sessions as I break them up.
Fine Launch Box type dust just clogs the screen while not really increasing the hit.
Oh yeah, an open Magic Flight Launch Box fits the ball perfectly, ya know, to rest it.
I do believe IMHO that my Supreme V3 hits harder with thicker vapor, but the
difference is very small and very subjective.
I love the form, but was dismayed when I read of possible problems if the
ball is left in while on due to "bridging" of conductors? I also like preheating
and a little drying of my herb in the ball. Ball in, Ball out ?
I would like my balls to stay in!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn my thoughts and feelings exactly!
Everyone is going to approach this differently, but good hygiene
in moderation is usually a good thing. Way back in the glass thread
distilled water and hydro something acid was the acme of clean clear
glass.
I just use hot water, soap and a weekly iso overnight soak (reused) and I'm
satisfied. To each, their own.
Fuck all that, back to vaping
Big chunks keep the screen clean and extend my sessions as I break them up.
Fine Launch Box type dust just clogs the screen while not really increasing the hit.
Oh yeah, an open Magic Flight Launch Box fits the ball perfectly, ya know, to rest it.
I do believe IMHO that my Supreme V3 hits harder with thicker vapor, but the
difference is very small and very subjective.
I love the form, but was dismayed when I read of possible problems if the
ball is left in while on due to "bridging" of conductors? I also like preheating
and a little drying of my herb in the ball. Ball in, Ball out ?
I would like my balls to stay in!

To be fair I don't think I've seen a single report of anyone having the problem with the heater becoming damaged from keeping the ball on, allowing a path for water to evaporate over the eating element... But since we had that warning I am always careful now and leave my bowl off even when I'm letting water sit in the bandit. Since my plum jelly is not being used as of late, I emptied it of water so I can now leave the ball on it, trying to not let water sit as much in my Tahiti Grape so may do that this week as well (after using it with fresh water wed-sat, I really am still too lazy to change it after each use! but hopefully more frequently)

Anyway if you like leaving the ball on while you are in use, that shouldn't matter so much, you're talking only about a few minutes right? I mean you don't want to let it sit there too long with the heater on cuz then it gets too hot to hold, I mean I also wouldn't want to risk any potential vapor flowing up onto the heater, so it would have to sit there for a very very very long time to do so? Anyway it's all going to be your decision, no one can really say what the risk level is, but yeah I am always keeping mine off as I remove it to clear each hit anyway and stir.

disGRUNTled

Me finding this thread .............................................................

giphy.gif

vapirtoo

Yep, that is what I'm doing. The ball stays off on standby and only
stays on when the unit is off and dry. No real issue, I'm just in love
with its beautiful form( ball in).
I was checking out lower temps of 10.4 with tasty results and long slow draws.
Waked and Baked at 11.2, quicker draw and ....... coughed my ass off!
I leave my unit on 24/7 except for cleaning, but I will be turning it off at night in the future.
Real high end audio stuff is never turned off.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
To be fair I don't think I've seen a single report of anyone having the problem with the heater becoming damaged from keeping the ball on, allowing a path for water to evaporate over the eating element... But since we had that warning I am always careful now and leave my bowl off even when I'm letting water sit in the bandit. Since my plum jelly is not being used as of late, I emptied it of water so I can now leave the ball on it, trying to not let water sit as much in my Tahiti Grape so may do that this week as well (after using it with fresh water wed-sat, I really am still too lazy to change it after each use! but hopefully more frequently)

Anyway if you like leaving the ball on while you are in use, that shouldn't matter so much, you're talking only about a few minutes right? I mean you don't want to let it sit there too long with the heater on cuz then it gets too hot to hold, I mean I also wouldn't want to risk any potential vapor flowing up onto the heater, so it would have to sit there for a very very very long time to do so? Anyway it's all going to be your decision, no one can really say what the risk level is, but yeah I am always keeping mine off as I remove it to clear each hit anyway and stir.
I think the idea is that if the ball is on and it tips over, water can flow into the heater. If the ball is off and the Aromatizer (God forbid!!) tips over, it is HIGHLY unlikely water will find its way into the heater.

Philabrookla,
Reactions: BigJr48
Just measured the base of my Pagoda Green, about 4 1/4 inches. Currently sitting on a 4 inch coaster that's too small. :haw:

Yup, mine is about the same diameter. I use 8” mood mats for my VapBong! Works great.

Regarding cleanliness, I probably change my water more often than most. I dump it every night, and I usually only do one bowl per night in the VB, two at most. So really the water is getting changed after every single bowl I run through it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think the idea is that if the ball is on and it tips over, water can flow into the heater. If the ball is off and the Aromatizer (God forbid!!) tips over, it is HIGHLY unlikely water will find its way into the heater.

No no, it was evaporation, by connecting the bridge between water and heater with the ball... Not only is one of these tipping over extremely unlikely in my opinion, it's more likely the ball would fall off when it does, so the situation you were describing sounds like a one in a million chance to me lol

Mine is like a full 6-9 hit session at 11.2. Anyone else have to turn it up so high?

That's fine, depending how much you load, along with how you grind, and the herb's consistency... Ambient room temperature, plays a factor in how high you have to set the voltage, and every single aromatizer is different as well... So you're fine, I've taken hits at 11.9v in my plum jelly during winter!

NimChimpsky

Mine is like a full 6-9 hit session at 11.2. Anyone else have to turn it up so high?
Yea I have to set my standard/OAB to 11.6 - 11.9V to get 1-2 hit extraction.

@stonedmallone you could indeed connect any standard extension cord to your VVPS. Alternatively, you could buy a 5.5mm x 2.5mm extension cable to actually extend the VVPS output cord. Something like this:

Last edited:
Top Bottom