• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
on the topic of customizing, i get in on the april one, and paid 25 extra to get my carb hole filled.

I paid extra, to have them not do an extra step they were going to do for free. yes. and I am cool with it. i didn't want to tape the hole or plug it.

Well, you paid to have them do that differently than they are doing all the other ones, so it is a little extra in that sense. That is great they were willing to do it though!

IIRC, the OAB will have no carb hole going forward. (Or is that just the ones being sent to the US?) Mine has no carb hole. I wonder why this decision was made.

That is correct, the decision was made because most people were making that request for the bandit. The person above is talking about getting no carb hole for the standard vapbong

justcametomind

I'm pretty sure I've read that if the bowl breaks you can send your vapbong in and they'll make another one to fit, is that not true? If it is then my idea was the 2nd one would also be made to fit, since they'll still have the vapbong in their workshop.

With what you're saying that does sound tricky, they could maybe (???) estimate size change or use shapes that could still seal with shrinkage, but I really don't know what I'm talking about
I had a second bowl made but that is not an easy task. I don’t think they like to make spare bowls because it’s sort of a pita. In my case it took almost two months. I think it’s costly to turn on the kiln and bake just a few bowls. An empty kiln could also affect the results I guess. If and when you break your bowl they are happy to make 2 bowls instead of one and have a “secret” bowl replacement item on their shop they make you purchase in order for the process to take place. The vapes are made in Portugal / Canary or wherever the artists are based, but the spare bowls are only made by Felix in Germany. So this could be another reason against the possibility of having more than one bowl from them. But just ask them and report back.
I received my spare bowl just yesterday, I’m still early on the tests but I’m not 100% satisfied with the result. I understand it was a difficult task and what I got was the best they could and I fine with that but nonetheless I feel like I don’t have an exact copy of my bowl as I expected and most importantly the vape is now behaving differently. The process required milling the surface of the heating element. Now both the heating element and the bowl are not glazed where they touch because this milling has been done after the glazing process. I’ll probably look into the possibility of glazing the bowl myself or using products to reduce the friction if I will notice ceramic dust or particles. Some scratches of the milling have damaged the glaze of the heating element but I don’t care about aesthetics.
My new bowl feels different from the first one. It’s less hollow, it seemed to need higher temperatures but I’m probably wrong. The worst part is that I have the feeling that the vape it now less strong and it’s easier to get hotspots. It seems like the airflow is worsened and there’s no “click” of the bowl when I place it perfectly on the spot.

on the topic of customizing, i get in on the april one, and paid 25 extra to get my carb hole filled.

I paid extra, to have them not do an extra step they were going to do for free. yes. and I am cool with it. i didn't want to tape the hole or plug it.
Are you getting a bandit or a vapbong? The vape will be made carb less or they will fill the hole?

Last edited:

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
I had a second bowl made but that is not an easy task. I don’t think they like to make spare bowls because it’s sort of a pita. In my case it took almost two months. I think it’s costly to turn on the kiln and bake just a few bowls. An empty kiln could also affect the results I guess. If and when you break your bowl they are happy to make 2 bowls instead of one and have a “secret” bowl replacement item on their shop they make you purchase in order for the process to take place. The vapes are made in Portugal / Canary or wherever the artists are based, but the spare bowls are only made by Felix in Germany. So this could be another reason against the possibility of having more than one bowl from them. But just ask them and report back.
I received my spare bowl just yesterday, I’m still early on the tests but I’m not 100% satisfied with the result. I understand it was a difficult task and what I got was the best they could and I fine with that but nonetheless I feel like I don’t have an exact copy of my bowl as I expected and most importantly the vape is now behaving differently. The process required milling the surface of the heating element. Now both the heating element and the bowl are not glazed where they touch because this milling has been done after the glazing process. I’ll probably look into the possibility of glazing the bowl myself or using products to reduce the friction if I will notice ceramic dust or particles. Some scratches of the milling have damaged the glaze of the heating element but I don’t care about aesthetics.
My new bowl feels different from the first one. It’s less hollow, it seemed to need higher temperatures but I’m probably wrong. The worst part is that I have the feeling that the vape it now less strong and it’s easier to get hotspots. It seems like the airflow is worsened and there’s no “click” of the bowl when I place it perfectly on the spot.
Thanks for the informative reply. Definitely doesn't seem worthwhile in that case

notams

toke down Babylon
@justcametomind so sad for you man. That sucks. I sure hope it works out. They may be able to fix a broken bong. But, nothing can repair your broken heart. I'll do a few bowls in your honor.

The sunlight is coming in just right and every tiny whisp of vapor is beautifully dancing around the room. I love an afternoon well spent with a VapBong, sunlight, and ripples of music. I strongly suggest listening to 'Ripple' by Grateful Dead - if you do a bowl to that song you'll bond with the bowl.

SquirrelMaster

Are you getting a bandit or a vapbong? The vape will be made carb less or they will fill the hole?

I wonder if, and I know this would be a royal p.i.t.a. and would not be done by art of vapor, you could carve a new bowl from wood? My hands just hurt thinking about it but I'm sure with enough patience you could?

Making two balls :brow: when it's originally fired seems like the best route for the best fitment then as much as a pain as it is for Art Of Vapor to make. With no customs currently I don't think it matters anyways and as someone who likes lots of extra parts for my vapes, I'm not at all concerned about missing a spare. I put down a padded mat at my vape station after breaking some china glass that landed on the concrete floor and I'll be honest, I need all the help I can get with how much the VapBong can fuck me up!

@weedemon
What glaze did you go for with your carb-less VapBong? You made the right choice imo, the carb is more of a hassle than benefit when I'm removing the ball so often anyways. I definitely prefer not having one on my Bandit compared to having and covering it on my Bong. Using the carb to clear the vapour isn't quite as effective as just removing the ball I find.

Someone has asked me earlier about the higher resistance of the Bandit and commented that it shouldn't be worse that the VapBong if the stem is the same diameter or larger than the hole in the ball (I'm blind and can't find the original post). My Bandit's arm has a slightly smaller internal diameter than the ball hole (at least when I'm eyeing it) which seems like the spot to blame for some slight draw resistance. It's still very wide open compared to most devices, don't get me wrong, but the VapBong is just that much better imo. They're both fantastic, and if you like one you'll probably like the other.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Putting a carb cap on increases draw resistance, making you suck harder and thus lowering the pressure on the lung (low pressure source) side of the orifice (the cap).

Someone has asked me earlier about the higher resistance of the Bandit and commented that it shouldn't be worse that the VapBong if the stem is the same diameter or larger than the hole in the ball

Can someone show me a pic of what exactly is the ball hole? And do others concur that if the diameter of the stem is the same as the ball hole that the resistance would be equatable to the VB, or at least minimized/reduced?

I favor the OAB because my breathing is compromised. I don't have a problem inhaling when putting my lips around a stem or pressing my lips against a rig that has an opening with a lip/flat rim. Inhaling is difficult or, at minimum, displeasurable for me if the opening is too large for which my lips have to be positioned inside of the opening of a mouthpiece; even a flared mp like the Evo mp.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY

MonkeyTime

Yes! Perfect! I really hope it's a pre-order and not just a limited stock run, I'll wait!

@Summer I'll post a pick in a bit when home if no one beats me to it. I may also right up a whip to see what it does, use the VB daily, but think it needs the biggest pull off all my vapes. It could also be how I use it...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!! those minis are straight FIRE!

Smh, and right after my epic rant yesterday morning about how VAS is dumb 😆😆😆

... This is why I don't have a credit card. Bank account. Cellular phone. Automobile. Ski boat. Nespresso maker.

But I would probably buy one of these minis, looks like a fantastic piece for my nightstand setup 😍😍😍😍😍

Summer

Long Island, NY
I wonder what the price is? I looked in my email acc't & didn't get a newsletter about their sale. Also didn't see them on the AoV website.

I can see a mini in my future when they go back to custom orders -- already know my colors. :brow: My only concern is taking the ball out to clear from its new 90 degree orientation -- seems like it may be awkward. I would like a carb hole, but where could it be put? :/

guyonthecouch

This is the one I've been waiting for! This model is called the OAB/Bandit mini correct? Is it best to message Jaxel on his instagram for one of these or the AOV instagram or the AOV website?

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
I wonder what the price is? I looked in my email acc't & didn't get a newsletter about their sale. Also didn't see them on the AoV website.

I can see a mini in my future when they go back to custom orders -- already know my colors. :brow: My only concern is taking the ball out to clear from its new 90 degree orientation -- seems like it may be awkward. I would like a carb hole, but where could it be put? :/
Janine/Axel said they'll cost more than a regular art edition.

ramb4

The vapbong seems to be gaining popularity. What makes it so special? I'm excited to try one. Anyone in South Florida gots one?
1. ceramic instead of glass - better taste IMO
2. less draw resistance that any other vape I've tried before
3. bong + vape in one unit with "real" water - no attachments needed
4. you can use it as a one hitter for huge clouds or puff it for small doses
5. handles each dosage well from 0.05 to like 1-2 g (whole bowl filled)

I could probably go on, but these came from the top of my head.

I missed the part where they have great news about the company, around the 5:10 mark. Can some translate that?

Those mini glazes are fantastic. The magma is a looker!

They changed the straw or whatever it's called. It's not a sidecar anymore? No carb hole on the Papa? lol

Last edited:
alleyhoops,
Reactions: Summer
just found this forum and say hello from Germany. It is funny to read things about my neighbours (art of vapor), and what people are thinking about their work and lifestyle. You will have fun, if you are asking me to translate some things from their german multimedia platforms. I am not envolved in any kind of their business, so I am impartial.
I havn't red all postings in this section (art of vapor).
Feel free to ask anything. PM 7:07 Berlin Germany

Welcome @wildwildeast! Can you translate the good news at the 5:10 mark in the above video? Thanks!
Janine is talking about some changings in their lifes without telling the point (in my opinion, she is pregnant). Things in the future, she said, will be a challange, but they will both stay close to Dr. Colly and Daniel. And they still have funny, strange ideas for more and more Vapos.

Last edited:

Texus

The vapbong seems to be gaining popularity. What makes it so special? I'm excited to try one. Anyone in South Florida gots one?
1. ceramic instead of glass - better taste IMO
2. less draw resistance that any other vape I've tried before
3. bong + vape in one unit with "real" water - no attachments needed
4. you can use it as a one hitter for huge clouds or puff it for small doses
5. handles each dosage well from 0.05 to like 1-2 g (whole bowl filled)

I could probably go on, but these came from the top of my head.

Yeah @ramb4 capured the biggies. For me (a new owner only on day 3) it is the low draw resistance that was so remarkable. That and the superb vapor produced by the brute force of the heating element encased in a ceramic mass are what make this so special.

I'd never had a hit like it. And soooo good.

Top Bottom