• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Just saying.. they just dropped some very affordable B-stock bongs (not vapes) if anyone has been tempted to try one, im sure you could add one on to an existing preorder.

Weird, I was on the mailing list for the b stocks but I didnt get the email. Wonder if I got removed somehow? Looked on the site and didnt see them anywhere either. Where are you seeing them?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Resistanceseeds

Did anyone have a chance to compare a Vapbong to a Vaporsnake? Did the heater design change a lot? Are they similar regarding efficacy of extraction and vapor quality?

Resistanceseeds,

Shit Snacks

Did anyone have a chance to compare a Vapbong to a Vaporsnake? Did the heater design change a lot? Are they similar regarding efficacy of extraction and vapor quality?

We try not to compare vapes in a specific vape's thread, better to post in the askFC section, but also what in the world is a vapor snake?? Maybe I'm missing something, but this is what comes up with Google :rofl:
Screenshot-20210126-223225.png

Edit: oh this I guess?

Last edited:

Resistanceseeds

We try not to compare vapes in a specific vape's thread, better to post in the askFC section, but also what in the world is a vapor snake?? Maybe I'm missing something, but this is what comes up with Google :rofl:

as @letter never sent correctly stated, the Vaporsnake was a predecessor of the Vapbong. It has been out of production for quite some time.

Since the vaporsnake has similar features to the vapbong and the same heater design (as far as I can tell) I thought this was the place to ask - sorry for my noob mistake
:)

johnnyCanuck

as @letter never sent correctly stated, the Vaporsnake was a predecessor of the Vapbong. It has been out of production for quite some time.

Since the vaporsnake has similar features to the vapbong and the same heater design (as far as I can tell) I thought this was the place to ask - sorry for my noob mistake
I thought it was a fair question

Shit Snacks

Yeah you are all good, I didn't realize it was a similar design from the same makers, I don't think anyone here has ever used it though...

Easywider

Simple is the way
Yeah you are all good, I didn't realize it was a similar design from the same makers, I don't think anyone here has ever used it though...

The only info I could find on the interwebs was some vintage FC, It seems like we didn't enjoy it as much as the vapbong

justcametomind

Post ten, first page of this thread, there’s a YouTube video of (most probably) Dr Colly demonstrating the Vaporsnake. It seems pretty similar but as Dr Colly states on his vids, his vaporizer project went ahead for decades after the first iteration. Nobody better than him could answer the question but I guess there are improvement over the Snake. I’d say the thermal mass on Bandits/Vapbongs “heating ball” is bigger than the Snake’s and maybe effects are more pronounced on newer Dr Colly’s vaporizers.

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-vapbong-from-art-of-vapor.29579/post-1304516

Resistanceseeds

The only info I could find on the interwebs was some vintage FC, It seems like we didn't enjoy it as much as the vapbong

Thanks! In this old thread only one guy had hands on experience with the snake and he found it to be too airy - that doesn‘t sound like the Vapbong at all.

I’d say the thermal mass on Bandits/Vapbongs “heating ball” is bigger than the Snake’s and maybe effects are more pronounced on newer Dr Colly’s vaporizers.

I think you’re right. It looks like the heater mass has been increased in the later designs. It‘s hard to tell though since the only point of visual reference is Dr. Collie and his hair mass has increased substantially as well over time :myday::)

I found a german store that apparently still has a vaporsnake in store and pulled the trigger. I‘ll report how that turns out...

Back to the Vapbong ;)

notams

toke down Babylon
Hey all - I'm new to this thread. I ordered a cappuccino mint classic about a month ago, should be here soonish.

I've read through every post here and am excited to hit the ground running due to the experience and advice from this thread. A sincere 'thank you!' to all of you.

Few questions for a first time user:

Does it need cleaning before first use? If so, how thorough?

To grind or not to grind? That is the question... What is your process?

I'm going to use a whip due to some dexterity issues, I have advanced MS. Any advice on whips?

Also - most importantly - please submit a song or album to help me make my "First VB Session" playlist.

BestBuds

The Dude
Hey all - I'm new to this thread. I ordered a cappuccino mint classic about a month ago, should be here soonish.

I've read through every post here and am excited to hit the ground running due to the experience and advice from this thread. A sincere 'thank you!' to all of you.

I'm going to use a whip due to some dexterity issues, I have advanced MS. Any advice on whips?

Also - most importantly - please submit a song or album to help me make my "First VB Session" playlist.
Iso rinse then water rinse.

I don't grind anymore. I cut my bud into pieces half the size of a cherry pit/stone. As I vape I punch then into smaller pieces.

For the whip and adapter I know Lamart sells a nice cork adapter that I'm going to get. For the whip go find cheap accessable food grade silicone tubing. Buy 20 feet of it and wash it regularly in iso and rinse with water. If it starts to smell toss it out you'll never bring it back. It's always good to have some on hand. If you combust you're screwed.
This was posted a few pages back but it's worth a repost.

NimChimpsky

@notams yea I echo @letter never sent 's comments. As for the whip, since the mouthhole is rather large you will likely have to fashion some kind of adapter. The clay molding/baking process someone described earlier for making a carb plug might be a cool and relatively cheap/easy option! Or drilling a hole in a large cork.

As for music, anything Run The Jewels does it for me :rockon:

notams

toke down Babylon
Thanks for the replies.

I thought with this being ceramic it might require some sort of 'first use' process. Cool, nothing fancy. Just a good ol' fadhioned iso / water rinse, wipedown, done. EZ.

I have the exact same grinder as @letter never sent - the BCG med plate (side note: the XL version is sweet). So, done and done.

I do like the idea of hand shredding to the size that @BestBuds describes - seems more... organic. I like the idea that the VB is so closely linked to the earth, being literally made from just that: earth. I enjoy the ritual and process of cannabis right along side the effects. Perhaps, hand shredding is another step in making the entire process less mechanical and more organic.

Shit Snacks

Nice! Looks like you got your answer already here, I only did a quick rinse for mine...

This will be a fun experiment for you, but medium plate BCG xl should be perfect, a nice chunky but consistent medium grind... I am also finding the flower mill to do very well for the vapbong... And yes I also handbrake sometimes and use some little nugs, then break them up further as I go during the session to stir...

I'm not sure how the whip will help with dexterity exactly, because you will still want to clear your hits some way, with the carb or lifting the ball bowl, but yeah I had been thinking Lamart cork adapter could be good, but you may need to email with them to get exact measurements and ensure it will fit properly... They make some beautiful wrapped braided whips as well! Otherwise a Delta3Dstudios silicone adapter could do the trick actually...

This is a modern option, but I just discovered Yaeji thanks to my roommate, her music is like a chill upper electronica, with fun videos too, and great for getting vaped!

Last edited:

Vapefanatic

Anyone use double screens? My generic 20mm China screens are less fine than the original VB ones. While cleaning it one day, I realized the ridges that houses the screen is rather large. I combined the VB screen and a China one, and have not removed it since. I think I prefer it this way. I thought there would be particles sandwiched between the screens but turns out, it's easier to clean. I needed a couple brushes and couple blows before lifting bowl to light, to judge cleanliness of screen. Now i just need one brush and a blow lol. I grind to the finer side. I think it might be because two screens make it a more rigid surface to brush. Particles come off easier. With one screen, I can't really brush too hard or the screen will come off.

My Yardro Print is still kicking my ass daily. If I'm not making any sense, you guys know why? LOL

justcametomind

Anyone use double screens? My generic 20mm China screens are less fine than the original VB ones. While cleaning it one day, I realized the ridges that houses the screen is rather large. I combined the VB screen and a China one, and have not removed it since. I think I prefer it this way. I thought there would be particles sandwiched between the screens but turns out, it's easier to clean. I needed a couple brushes and couple blows before lifting bowl to light, to judge cleanliness of screen. Now i just need one brush and a blow lol. I grind to the finer side. I think it might be because two screens make it a more rigid surface to brush. Particles come off easier. With one screen, I can't really brush too hard or the screen will come off.

My Yardro Print is still kicking my ass daily. If I'm not making any sense, you guys know why? LOL
I use(d) 2 screens as well.
I also experimented putting tissues of very thin consistency under the removable bowl in order to limit falling debris, with poor results until now.
But I think that's the way to go because I'd like to limit the need of cleaning the piece since it's impossible to see where the dirt goes, since it's not clearly visible as with glass.
I'd also like to buy a silicon cover for the removable bowl, that's VapBong's Achilles heel imho. The bowls are made individually in order to fit each vaporizer but I bet there's a way to protect them with such an accessory. If @Jaxel would make it I'm sure they could come up with fun ideas (eat weed gang style silicon protection etc.).
I already broke my bowl once and replacing it needs you to ship the unit back. During shipment my Bandit broke his one and only arm too. :cry:
Some heat resistant protection against unfortunate falls of the bowl would be awesome imho.
Fun facts you probably didn't know: probably Yadro (or Yardro) print should come from the name of ceramic manufacturer Lladrò, but everyone calls is Yadro because of transliteration.

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Anyone use double screens?

I'm using a NewVape dbl weave screen, It's a little hard to get into the ceramic groove ( extremely rigid ) but once it's in it's a perfect fit. Seems to stay clean as I haven't had to remove it for cleaning yet.

Side note, for anyone who owns a Taffe Bowle the potters seem to fit perfectly in the Vapbong bong bowl when the screen is removed ( at least in mine they do ) Sometimes I'll start a flavor session with bowle then finish the session in the VB.

Last edited:

Jaxel

Manufacturer
I use(d) 2 screens as well.
I also experimented putting tissues of very thin consistency under the removable bowl in order to limit falling debris, with poor results until now.
But I think that's the way to go because I'd like to limit the need of cleaning the piece since it's impossible to see where the dirt goes, since it's not clearly visible as with glass.
I'd also like to buy a silicon cover for the removable bowl, that's VapBong's Achilles heel imho. The bowls are made individually in order to fit each vaporizer but I bet there's a way to protect them with such an accessory. If @Jaxel would make it I'm sure they could come up with fun ideas (eat weed gang style silicon protection etc.).
I already broke my bowl once and replacing it needs you to ship the unit back. During shipment my Bandit broke his one and only arm too. :cry:
Some heat resistant protection against unfortunate falls of the bowl would be awesome imho.
Fun facts you probably didn't know: probably Yadro (or Yardro) print should come from the name of ceramic manufacturer Lladrò, but everyone calls is Yadro because of transliteration.
Dear all, should you actually fall down the head and this is broken, it is of course no problem to work a new, adapted to your Vapo after. If you send your Vapo then, please always assume the worst mail carrier. So pack super safe so that no further damage occurs on the journey. All repairs will be done by Felix in Germany. But the best thing would be not to drop anything😅 Greetings

notams

toke down Babylon
@NimChimpsky RE: your recommendations of Run the Jewels.

Umm, let me start by saying I'm an old hippie. So, neither hip nor hop is my first choice. However... You got me interested. I went to YouTube and the first hit was "Ooh La La (Mexican Institute of Sound Remix)". I was immediately struck by the tune. It was so familiar. Hauntingly familiar. I went to bed with the tune in my head. Around 3:00am It came to me - "High Tide or Low Tide" by Bob Marley.

So, first thing this morning I listen to both songs back to back. Definitely a sample. So, I Google it. According to a Rollling Stone article, the Mexican Institute of Sound remix samples a song called "DWYCK" by a band called Gang Starr. I listened to that. I don't hear it. To my ears, the Mexican Institute of Sound Remix is reminiscent of Bob Marley's "High Tide or Low Tide". So, I added THAT song to my playlist. Sorry, RTJ is not for me. But, I really appreciate the recommendation.

Now, to dive into the @Legalize Weed in GERMANY 2 hour super chill German jazz trance hop. Let's see where this goes.

@Shit Snacks my daughter is into Yaegi. I hear it a lot in my house. Great recommendation.

Top Bottom