• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collecting Ideas of Next Vaporizer

Vivant

Manufacturer
We'd like to collect fc members ideas on vaporizers and make it realized.
Welcome to tell us the vaporizer you need, no matter the appearance, the functions or any material requirements.
We'll collect all your suggestions and choose some of them to make an unprecedented vaporizer!
Let's create a new vaporizer together!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Unadulterated air intake/vapor path
No aluminium in the bowl or heater... the body is great!
Ti or S/S heater/bowl
Fast heat up with adjustable convection/conduction
Single-digit temp adjustable
Portable
2x quick swap 18650
USB-c (the new multi-voltage superfast job) with wireless charging
Some type of ceramic/zirconia cooling in/for the mouthpiece
For a start, thanks for asking :cheers:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Actually, we are planning to design a vaporizer with a glass tube or a glass water filter with a replaceable 18650 battery and a replaceable ceramic heater like our vleaf go. What do you think?

Sounds good to me! Standard glass connection is great to use different glass pieces dry or with water and more options for stock cooling setups and flavor purity... Replaceable 18650 battery is great along with the replaceable heater, will it also have a replaceable chamber like the vleafgo?? How about more temp settings???

Thanks for remaining active in the community here and working to develop products that we want, looking forward to trying whatever this will be :tup:

Vivant

Manufacturer
If you have some good ideas on the appearance or you like the shape of other products, please also share with us. And we can starting drawing a sketch.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Wasnt there some talk of a 510 atomizer with the VleafGO heater ? Whats up with that project ?
Smth with a 14mm glass on glass bowl and outer diameter of the atomizer at 22mm so it can be used with SBS mods .

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

fangorn

an all-glass air path and vapor path!! please... please... please!

rather convection...
(glass caps?) or stem with integrated glass "screen"... so you can even remove SS screens!

heats up in less than 30 seconds...
18650... or 21700...

for the shape... i'm not sure that everyone likes it but something that looks like a compact electronic cigarette... with wood, leather, or an ultra light material (pa12?)... something that could be mistaken for an electronic cigarette...

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
My wishlist for a new vaporizer to meet my not-already-met needs (and I have a stable of vapes already):

• Dual 18650, removable batteries
  • Temperature adjustable in single digit increments
  • All glass air paths
  • Swappable glass mouthpiece and glass gong (14mm for pref)
  • Convection
  • Able to function reasonably (even with a longer heat up time) at temperatures below 0 C
  • USB-C charging
So I guess I want a Tinymight with removable batteries lol. And preferably below $200 US. That’s not new, so maybe I don’t have any new ideas. I suppose what I can say is this: we need more portable convection devices. My real dream is something with the from factor (or similar) to a Sticky Brick Runt (overhead convection), all glass air path, SS heater, and swappable glass stems/gongs. But that runs off of big old rechargeable batteries. Preferably batteries that can be charged in or out of the unit.

I just haven’t been impressed with any portable electronic vapes I’ve purchased to this point, and I don’t want to spend $250 on a Tinymight (because I’m disabled and living on a fixed income with other financial responsibilities).

Abysmal Vapor

So I guess I want a Tinymight with removable batteries lol.
Tiny might has a removeable battery and what you are describing sounds like the ZionM, it has dual battery. Maybe sell some of those vapes that you dont like and save up for a better one,also maybe consider a used unit.
Anyway the concept you are describing is definetly worthy of attention,hopefully they would figure out how to put it in a mass produced shell and keep the prices low ,cause handwork adds a lot to the cost.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
Tiny might has a removeable battery and what you are describing sounds like the ZionM, it has dual battery. Maybe sell some of those vapes that you dont like and save up for a better one,also maybe consider a used unit.
Anyway the concept you are describing is definetly worthy of attention,hopefully they would figure out how to put it in a mass produced shell and keep the prices low ,cause handwork adds a lot to the cost.
I think you’re exactly right. And my only gripes with the Tinymight are the single-cell design, price, and the wait time on new units to be made/shipped from Finland. I really like that device (in theory), it’s just been out of reach for various reasons. I’ve already pared my collection of glass and vapes down to what-I-actually-use, so I don’t have anything to sell or trade on that front.

I’ll check out the ZionM, and probably just save up for half a year. I didn’t think I had any gaps in my vape-stable until we had super cold/windy/snowy conditions here this year and I lacked an indoor, temp-controlled place to medicate. I mostly use a j-hook mouthpiece for cooling these days, and my Runt gets more use than any other vape (until it warms up enough to use desktops outdoor under my porch roof). But even butane powered vapes get dicey in our nasty winters, and…I also don’t like using butane if I have other options.

Razhumikin

I think you’re exactly right. And my only gripes with the Tinymight are the single-cell design, price, and the wait time on new units to be made/shipped from Finland. I really like that device (in theory), it’s just been out of reach for various reasons. I’ve already pared my collection of glass and vapes down to what-I-actually-use, so I don’t have anything to sell or trade on that front.

I’ll check out the ZionM, and probably just save up for half a year. I didn’t think I had any gaps in my vape-stable until we had super cold/windy/snowy conditions here this year and I lacked an indoor, temp-controlled place to medicate. I mostly use a j-hook mouthpiece for cooling these days, and my Runt gets more use than any other vape (until it warms up enough to use desktops outdoor under my porch roof). But even butane powered vapes get dicey in our nasty winters, and…I also don’t like using butane if I have other options.
Zion M is dual battery full convetion with all glass air paths and swappable glass mouthpiece and glass gong, but its an unregulated vape, so there is no temp control and no USB-C or in unit charging of any kind. Seems like you really should just get a tinymight.

badbee

I am still waiting for a vape that takes the good aspects of the Ghost MV1 and the Tafee Bowle and delivers it with a simple elegant design and removal battery cells. The MV1 was overengineered with too many moving parts, and too many parts in general. That made it unreliable and a pain to clean. The Bowle works well but is seriously lacking in proper functional design related to how it is held, moved around, pocketed and charged.

What I want is a 50 W nearly instant heat convection vape with built in cooling that is pocketable, drop damage resistant, reliable and has removable cells.

Razhumikin

I am still waiting for a vape that takes the good aspects of the Ghost MV1 and the Tafee Bowle and delivers it with a simple elegant design and removal battery cells. The MV1 was overengineered with too many moving parts, and too many parts in general. That made it unreliable and a pain to clean. The Bowle works well but is seriously lacking in proper functional design related to how it is held, moved around, pocketed and charged.

What I want is a 50 W nearly instant heat convection vape with built in cooling that is pocketable, drop damage resistant, reliable and has removable cells.
Youre basically describing a glassless 510 with a cooling stem. An iheat or cosmic xtractor would fit all those points.

checkyourlibido

Actually, we are planning to design a vaporizer with a glass tube or a glass water filter with a replaceable 18650 battery and a replaceable ceramic heater like our vleaf go. What do you think?
That sounds awesome.

Make it hit as hard as the FW7, TinyMight, Tetra P80, Toad, Nomad, and Milaana.

I like that you mention glass and ceramic, as that would make some of us happy that there is less plastic and aluminum. I don't know what you have in mind with the glass water filter. I feel like that Taffee Bowl missed a great opportunity to incorporate a water filter instead of a drinking cup.

I also like the replaceable 18650 battery. Do you plan on having on board charging? If you do make it USB-C, if possible, other standards seem to piss some people off. But you could even have no on board charging, and we could just have extra batteries and buy our own external charger.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I love ya Vivant, and have several of your products... but IMO this kind of approach sorta rubs me as lazy.

It is beyond just crowd sourcing ideas, you literally want someone else to design your next products- even draw them for you? No matter their background, qualifications, etc? Just seems like you are completely without direction and inspiration. Do you really want to just ride the coat-tails of other people's creative design rather than standing on your own creations? I would not have expected this...

checkyourlibido

I love ya Vivant, and have several of your products... but IMO this kind of approach sorta rubs me as lazy.

It is beyond just crowd sourcing ideas, you literally want someone else to design your next products- even draw them for you? No matter their background, qualifications, etc? Just seems like you are completely without direction and inspiration. Do you really want to just ride the coat-tails of other people's creative design rather than standing on your own creations? I would not have expected this...
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is a joke. I also see your avatar, loved him in Arrested Development.

I have a few questions on your comments:
but IMO this kind of approach sorta rubs me as lazy.
How is it lazy to take the time to reach out to your customer base for their thoughts?
you literally want someone else to design your next products- even draw them for you?
Draw them for you? Are you being hyperbolic, or did Vivant ask for blueprints?
No matter their background, qualifications, etc?
Most of us here have a background of using a vape. What qualifications are needed to say what we've liked or what we want to see? Do good ideas only come from doctorate level engineers who vape?
Just seems like you are completely without direction and inspiration. Do you really want to just ride the coat-tails of other people's creative design rather than standing on your own creations?
It seems like they have already made some pretty good products. Reaching out to us is more than some other companies do. Maybe if more companies did this, we'd have less crap products. How many people have had a truly inspired idea, where they can't be accused of riding someone else's coattails? It's an easy accusation to make. Most everything we use is based on another idea that predates it.
I would not have expected this...
I would not have expected someone to criticize a company for asking their customers what they want. If I'm spending money, I'd rather have a say in what I'm going to get. This reminds me of when I was a supervisor. I tried everything I could to make everyone happy, but no matter what I did, there would be one person who just hated me. But, I have a weird personality, so I can't blame anyone for hating me.

Abysmal Vapor

It is funny how many different point of views are there. Some people are complaining that manufacturers never listen to the customers ,their needs and ideas :).
IMO there are lot of people who have great ideas but neither the time nor the skills to produce them,so i am all in for recycling that potential :).

Zipford

Off the top of my head for a portable vape, in rough order of importance:

1. nothing but glass and stainless steel in the vapor path for best taste,
2. easy to clean the parts that get dirty (see 1 above, which solves this issue),
3. battery that can be replaced,
4. precise temperature control (not high, medium and low),
5. small enough to carry in a pocket, and
6. easy to load/unload discreetly.

For me, the Tinymight checks all of the boxes except 6 and maybe 5. If I want to bring something out of the house, I use my Edge with dosing capsules, it's the right shape and size and those take precedence if I'm carrying it around.

The Linx Eden also checked a few of the important boxes, but the draw is abysmally tight and the mouthpiece gets scorching hot (not warm, as some reviewers would have you believe). Taste was good, but it's sitting in its box.

fangorn

actually, thinking about it... i thought i would really love to see someone realize an idea of mine... which is just the improvement of configuration that already exists (the Vaponic from Slowe, and Mistvap heating on an ecig mod).

there is little chance that it will be this time, but it gives the opportunity to dream! so here's the idea:

Basically, that would be a portable PID setup for a smaller elev8r.

-a glass stem (between Vaponic, elev8r and taster from Katalyser)
heated in
- a regulated heating unit, operating with 2 18650 batteries or 1 21700 battery, a possibility of relatively precise temperature adjustment.

The stem could be left in the unit, and relatively protected, or used outside (and why not manually heated). It would be 2 vaporizers in 1. And if used in the unit, it would have to be discreet. The stem would not exceed too much... could be confused with an ecig drip tip.

The advantage of the Vaponic style is that the air inlet is at the top, so whatever the heating, the air and vapor path would remain completely pure. If we could remove the silicone seal that would be even better! haha

For the form, I would like it to be confused with an ecig.
With very light materials.... or... With why not interchangeable outer plates... Wood, leather, or even anti-scratch coating...
Everything would be pocketable.

And in the accessories, there would be a thin box, potentially securing 3-4 stems... it would allow them to be preloaded and exchanged easily and relatively discreetly.

A screen visible during the draw, indicating the temperature and the draw time in seconds would be a plus.

Thank you Santa Claus!

PS: I'm not an engineer, I'm just dreaming!!

Abysmal Vapor

actually, thinking about it... i thought i would really love to see someone realize an idea of mine... which is just the improvement of configuration that already exists (the Vaponic from Slowe, and Mistvap heating on an ecig mod).

there is little chance that it will be this time, but it gives the opportunity to dream! so here's the idea:

Basically, that would be a portable PID setup for a smaller elev8r.

-a glass stem (between Vaponic, elev8r and taster from Katalyser)
heated in
- a regulated heating unit, operating with 2 18650 batteries or 1 21700 battery, a possibility of relatively precise temperature adjustment.

The stem could be left in the unit, and relatively protected, or used outside (and why not manually heated). It would be 2 vaporizers in 1. And if used in the unit, it would have to be discreet. The stem would not exceed too much... could be confused with an ecig drip tip.

The advantage of the Vaponic style is that the air inlet is at the top, so whatever the heating, the air and vapor path would remain completely pure. If we could remove the silicone seal that would be even better! haha

For the form, I would like it to be confused with an ecig.
With very light materials.... or... With why not interchangeable outer plates... Wood, leather, or even anti-scratch coating...
Everything would be pocketable.

And in the accessories, there would be a thin box, potentially securing 3-4 stems... it would allow them to be preloaded and exchanged easily and relatively discreetly.

A screen visible during the draw, indicating the temperature and the draw time in seconds would be a plus.

Thank you Santa Claus!

PS: I'm not an engineer, I'm just dreaming!!
That sounds more like battery powered Vapolution :) .I have tried V2 only a couple of times with the famous AIO wonderbowl and i can clearly say it was the gold standard for taste back in the days . The Vapolution 3 was PID controlled ,but then mCIG bought them off and ran them to the ground.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: fangorn

Zipford

Little off topic, but the Tinymight has been generally in stock and available to purchase for a while now. That said, it appears a version with updated electronics is coming in a few weeks, but it is unclear what kind of upgrades there will be.

Top Bottom