Collapse

elevation

I was just watching some documentaries yesterday and i came across "Collapse".

A 2009 documentary about what happens when we run out of oil, and how much we are dependent on it. Michael Ruppert tells his story about his life and the injustices he faced as a LAPD officer.
He is not very optimisitic about the future and thinks that in 20 years or so this world will become a living hell.

It scared me how dependent we really are. It's not just our cars that run on fuel, almost everything is made with oil. Even if our cars can drive on water, every tire is still made with 25 liters of oil!

Have any of you seen this documentary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAyHIOg5aHk

elevation,

Nycdeisel

I have not seen that one, but I do believe that I watched a similar special depicting a similar scenario, running out of petroleum oil. Its quite scary to think about what would happen if this dependency does not stop.

Nycdeisel,

lepstadder

ruppert is the man, he has been for years, check out from the wilderness, he has videos on youtube also where he makes all these conspiracy claims and backs them up with govt documents, and states that if you think he is bullshit and can prove he is not telling the truth he will pay you like a thousand bucks or something

lepstadder,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I have been meaning to watch this film, it has been in my instant queue on netflix for months. Wish we could use industrial hemp to make plastics rather than petroleum. That alone would help us out a shit tone, hemp grows fast, easy, and plentiful. Oil, not so much.

Every other industrialized country gets it and is moving forward. America however, well we just don't give a fuck about much except "Obama Care" and " Class war", you know the cute shit the news spews to make you scared of the angry black guy.

And lets be clear. Clean coal does not exist and Nuclear being a safe alternative to anything is a fucking lie at best. And don't even get me started on natural gas and fracking. We need to move the fuck on already. I guess most people only think the sun can be used to get skin cancer and shitty tans.

aesthyrian,

elevation

Thanks for the recommendation lepstadder i'll do that.

I already watched a youtube video uploaded in April talking about all the events going on right now..like the bail outs of Greece and such.

It kinda saddens me that this guy is not respected for what he does! His books are mostly ignored and he carries the label conspiracy theorist. This guy has only talked about facts in that documentary and not a single speculation!

:peace:

elevation,
Top Bottom