Coil ballers: B1 vs. B2 vs ?; 22mm vs Injector

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
So I made myself a Sand Castle Vapor Wand and it took about one* use w glass for me to determine "Hmmm, remarkably effective (when I don't burn my load). I should clearly get a 'real' one."
(*Practice continues; conclusion seems solid.)

People rave about the new Cannabis Hardware hardware, so I was thinking B2; I don't dab currently but might like to try it. Then I read that B2 is more restrictive; I'm a daily Dynavap user and don't like it thru glass as much due to the restriction.

If I just wanted to have the ability to dab am I better off w B2 or B1+(some cheap-n-easy dab solution)? Marginal cost from B1 to B2 is about $50, so the trial dab solution shouldn't cost any more...

Plus there are all these other new units on the market- the CC stuff, Q/C/Taroma... Anything that clearly outperforms the CH flowerpot and is as well supported? Likely I'd order from Scott @VGOODIEZ if I go the CH route.

And then of course there's the injector vs. non question. I don't have any 18mm fittings currently, so I figured I'd start w a 14mm shovelhead setup, but it now seems the shovelhead is injector-compatible. In general, which diffuser style is more useful?

Thanks in advance; it's a complicated $ystem and I'd like to only cry once as it were.
Thanks!

feralcomprehension,
Reactions: Summer

checkyourlibido

If I just wanted to have the ability to dab am I better off w B2 or B1+(some cheap-n-easy dab solution)?
I don't dab and have no desire to, so I went B1. I have read several people enjoy dabbing on the B2. Several others have said they prefer a separate cheap dab solution. Because of that, I just stuck to the B1 and am happy.

Plus there are all these other new units on the market- the CC stuff, Q/C/Taroma... Anything that clearly outperforms the CH flowerpot and is as well supported? Likely I'd order from Scott @VGOODIEZ if I go the CH route.

Flowerpot usually gives discounts for 4/20, vgoodiez does not on CH afaik. But they do give discounts on a ton of other awesome stuff. I like the Taroma. I just didn't want to deal with customs. Even though I believe there is now a US distributor. And then with the discounts that CH occasionally does, it ended up making more sense for me to go CH. The Taroma I believe weighs more than the B1. Which the mass is great, but I was also concerned because I leave my shovelhead on my glass all the time. Probably not a big deal, since my glass is pretty thick.

And then of course there's the injector vs. non question. I don't have any 18mm fittings currently, so I figured I'd start w a 14mm shovelhead setup, but it now seems the shovelhead is injector-compatible. In general, which diffuser style is more useful?
Injector is all the rage right now. I don't like it though, because I like to be able to do some conduction before bed.

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: Planck

Hippie

I prefer the flavour of a glass bowl with my flowerpots

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the carb cap for the B2

I think a B1 injector setup would be cheapest as you can stick a screen in an adapter instead of buying an Elev8R style bowl or a shovelhead bowl, and can also use a cheap herborizer style stand (instead of the FP one)

Hippie,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I just bout B1 setup from Scott, i never dab so went that route. Hasn’t shown up yet though.
The CH gear should last forever.
I got the Shovelhead, but might switch it out to for 3rd party wooden or glass injector bowl as I see fit.

or even the new b-0 for a bit cheaper setup. I just went with the B1 for the enclosed coil factor.

now I’m looking for a nice glass piece to pair it with, lol be careful friend it gets $$$$

cvs8floz

I don't dab and have no desire to, so I went B1. I have read several people enjoy dabbing on the B2. Several others have said they prefer a separate cheap dab solution. Because of that, I just stuck to the B1 and am happy.

Flowerpot usually gives discounts for 4/20, vgoodiez does not on CH afaik. But they do give discounts on a ton of other awesome stuff. I like the Taroma. I just didn't want to deal with customs. Even though I believe there is now a US distributor. And then with the discounts that CH occasionally does, it ended up making more sense for me to go CH. The Taroma I believe weighs more than the B1. Which the mass is great, but I was also concerned because I leave my shovelhead on my glass all the time. Probably not a big deal, since my glass is pretty thick.

Injector is all the rage right now. I don't like it though, because I like to be able to do some conduction before bed.
I agree with all the answers you gave, I am also not a dabber and have landed on the B1 with plusplus bowl as my daily driver. I ordered the Qaroma on pure impulse, but did not have a good experience with the seller or the product and have not used it in months. I still have not found the perfect glass bowl for injectors, most are too big, and I also miss the conduction you get from having the B1 completely enclose and bake the material in the bowl.

Top Bottom