Coffee and vaping

Robert-in-YEG

Boiled tea is under-rated.

Growing up as a kid, I saw my grandmother throw a teabag in a pot and actually boil the water and the tea bag. I didn't understand.

As a teen, a young man, and a middle age man, I boiled water, dropped in a tea bag, waited a few seconds, and started drinking. I thought it was good.

However, into my 50's, I now boil my tea. My grandmother wasn't crazy. Everything is different.

A good morning is a decent sativa, and a cup of very strong boiled tea. Wake and bake!

passenger

is this thing on?
Boiled tea is under-rated.

Growing up as a kid, I saw my grandmother throw a teabag in a pot and actually boil the water and the tea bag. I didn't understand.

As a teen, a young man, and a middle age man, I boiled water, dropped in a tea bag, waited a few seconds, and started drinking. I thought it was good.

However, into my 50's, I now boil my tea. My grandmother wasn't crazy. Everything is different.

A good morning is a decent sativa, and a cup of very strong boiled tea. Wake and bake!
posts brian GIF

(I will try it tomorrow!)

passenger

is this thing on?
Done it! It's not for me! I brewed one traditionally and one after the Grandma Tough as Nails @Robert-in-YEG method.
Traditionally 5minutes starting the soak around 90-95°C - Grandma did drink black tea like you said? I like her style! Bet she combusted.
grandma bong GIF

She would probably laugh at us!

Robert-in-YEG

She would probably laugh at us!
Yes, she absolutely would.....

How long did you boil the tea? Did you use milk and sugar?

It is an acquired taste. I started by just bringing the tea-bag to boil; no more than 30 seconds. Now, I find 2-3 minutes to be about right. No one likes beer or scotch the first time they taste it; but some grow to love the taste.

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
~ Some German guy :^)

Robert-in-YEG

Hehe. I boiled it 5 minutes. That maybe was a bit too much :)
Grandma was pioneer woman born in 1911. She could chop wood, butcher a hog, sew up a wound, or carve out splinter. If Chuck Norris got between her and her children, she would rip off his head and shit down his throat. She was like an angry mother bear, protecting her family. That kind of grit is something we will never fully understand.

I was pretty young and can't remember how long she boiled her tea, but it was black, and the pot seemed to always contain hot tea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom