COD black ops

B.

War Criminal
This game is dope. I was nervous because infinity ward didnt make it, but it rocks. My xbox live name is AlterdSTATES, I play late at night, lets kill some fuckers.

B.,

2Supra4U

I wasn't gonna buy it....i prefer the IW games....not that WAW was bad or anything

I traded in MW2 with batman AA and Red dead for the move .... good trade considering I was done with red dead and batman no real replay value there for me. Red Dead was good but it was kinda bland overall for me.

anyways last night played at my buds house and we starting playing 2 player online...i went on a tear considering I havent played any cod since like before summer (most know if you dont play constantly you lose your "skills")

anyways with that and some of the other features I forgot they were putting in it ( multiplayer practice where you can take on a whole team of bots....play 9 on 1 on hardened or higher have some fun with that LOL jesus christ its insane)

im sold on this game....and now I want it

just dont have 65 bucks to blow atm, bills come first :mad:

just paid them....hopefully some shit on ebay sells in the next couple of days and I can get my cod fix :brow: woot!

2Supra4U,

B.

War Criminal
Yeah, I haven't played MW2 in 6 or 8 months, and I definitely notice a difference in my skills. I hate not knowing the maps well yet.

Leveling up has a lot of new features that I think are very cool.

The single player is super fun way more fun than world at war, imo. Good story too.

B.,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
R/C car seems a lil' overpowered, but I think the novelty will wear off soon...I use spy planes myself, figure it helps the team more. At any rate, I think it's my favorite COD yet...hopefully a patch will fix a few minor issues like not hearing footsteps much, etc...Enjoying it for sure regardless!

mudstar,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Ya know, I never even noticed you couldnt hear the footsteps.... I always hear the enemy say something as they reload though... that is helpful, but annoying when you have to reload yourself.
I also like how they "Fixed" the noob tube problem that MW2 had. Takes a couple of second to fire a noob tube unless your aiming down the sights. This way there are not people running around blasting everyone with grenades.

DevoTheStrange,

caseball2051

they need a playlist update with more hardcore play options.

other than that, im satisfied with the game. I know friends that arent, however.

caseball2051,

caseball2051

I used to think that as well. Im a long time Counterstrike Source player. But playing with my friends is just alot more fun.

now my PS3 is where 98% of my gaming happens.

caseball2051,

2Supra4U

Thats how I was too....

before I got a ps3 last xmas...my last system was a PS ONE lol.

I been a dedicated PC gamer for the last 9-10 years...

but now that I finnaly got a ps3, which is what most of my best friends and otehr peeps have.....i've done pretty much all my gaming on ps3.....aside from when I can download torrent of games I want to try that also are released for PC

I also never played FPS games on consoles (preferred mouse and keyboard) until I got my ps3 and got MW2. This was cuz i fucking sucked with a controller in those games (but with a M&K was a force to be reckoned with). But after playing for a bit, got used to it and fast forward to today...and i'm probably just as god with the controller as I used to be with my M&K. I have my buddies all the time say how the fuck did you see that guy or how the fuck did you pick him off like that, making shots that seem to them not possible lol

good news is I sold a bunch of shit like I hoped now I got a few hundy to blow so it might be COD and EQ for me in the next few days lol......cod for sure lol

2Supra4U,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
I think it's pretty good but definitely haven't fallen in love as quickly as I did with MW2. The graphics are definitely worse, it seems more 'old-school' than the Infinity Ward games, which doesn't look terrible, but isn't great when you're looking out for the tiniest bit of movement in the distance of the map.

The new features are cool, I like that you have to be more tactical with your upgrades and that certain challenges expire after a certain amount of game played time.

To be honest though, it's just a breather in between the last and next Modern Warfare... Roll on this time next year.

wilf789,

caseball2051

i think that the graphics are just as good, the art style is just different. It seems to me that they went for an uncharted-like art style with more colors.

caseball2051,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
wilf789 said:
I think it's pretty good but definitely haven't fallen in love as quickly as I did with MW2. The graphics are definitely worse, it seems more 'old-school' than the Infinity Ward games, which doesn't look terrible, but isn't great when you're looking out for the tiniest bit of movement in the distance of the map.

The new features are cool, I like that you have to be more tactical with your upgrades and that certain challenges expire after a certain amount of game played time.

To be honest though, it's just a breather in between the last and next Modern Warfare... Roll on this time next year.

only thing with the next MW game is it wont be put out by the same makers. All the guys from infinity ward are now at a different studio.
So the next version of MW won't be a call of duty game. It will more than likely be the first game in a entirely new series.

DevoTheStrange,

caseball2051

sledgehammer games is making the next call of duty. theyre supposedly taking the franchise in a new direction.

dont be surprised if there is a monthly fee for the next COD installment as well.

caseball2051,

caseball2051

I havent heard that rumor. The online subscription could be OK for gamers that buy the game new.

the subscription is essentially only to get money from used game sales anyway.

caseball2051,

2Supra4U

Yea, i don't see anything wrong with the graphics as well. And i'm picky about that shit.
Liek said above it feels a bit different art style and the colours are different. Remember this is like a retro game so the colours are more set to the times (if you look back to that era, things looked grungy and dirty and etc etc). Considering what the levels are like the colours suit the games atmosphere. If you play a level like nuketown, you see the colours are more clear and stand out (this also looks pretty authentic to how they actually set those "nuketowns" up from photos and videos I've seen of them in reality (from way back then).

I did notice there is a bit of blur sometimes trying to see in the distance.....but I was playing on my buddys old hdtv (7-10 yeas old) so that was most likely 720p (not that there is that much difference between 720 and 1080...but there is to a trained eye).....but I still can see movement fine and stuff even if its slightly blured.
To me that a bit more real in the sense that you shouldn;t be able to have "eagle eyes" in the distance like that in reality. I think that it helps in that there are lots of people out there that play just like campers except they stay just outside the firfights and shoot from a distance. to have it a bit blurred when looking at far distance gives poeple who actually do the fighting a better chance of not being picked off so much by those players. If you are a good shot the bit of blur should not matter.....i have had no problem with it....im stil picking people off like I did in MW2 blur or not. all i look for is movement/muzzle flash...i could care less if i can see him clearly....cuz once i see him hes dead lol
just comes down to being able to scan and notice fast...once you learn to always be scanning while moving etc etc. theres no issues......when I talk about constantly scanning, etc to my buddies some of them are like WTF are you talking about.....hence why they are the once who are getting picked all all over the place and finishing every game like 10k-30d lol

oh if i had to pay to play cod online, that would probably be the end of my cod days.....been playing it free for like 10 years Ytf would I want to starting paying for that privilege? for something optional....like and awsome dlc that makes it worth it maybe....but not for the gameplay we have all come to love.

2Supra4U,

caseball2051

yeah i dont know how people only look where their gun is pointing. I rarely do that. I know where im moving by using peripherals and Im constantly looking in windows and other places instead of where gun is. my friends dont understand it either, but im glad im not the only one lol

and if they do the subscription fee correctly, they could make it a bargain to gamers. If they split the MP away from the SP and charged for each, and then included a fee monthyl that included weekly patches, dedicated servers and maps I would gladly pay. but it needs to come as a bargain for the consumer that buys the game new. a fee is only to get people that buy the used game to give some money to the publishers and devs.

caseball2051,

2Supra4U

HAHAHA

I gave in....tried to tease myself about getting it....placed a bid, thinking (Knowing) I would be outbid.

Ended up winning it....serves me right lol

$51 (cdn) new and sealed, free shipping too. Saved nearly $20 bucks from getting it in store.

THANK GOD FOR EBAY!

WOOT!

MDK (Murder Death Kill) TIME!

2Supra4U,

SmokingElectricity

i have it on ps3. the sound issue with the footsteps still persists a bit.

mod note: personal info removed

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingElectricity,

canadibus

I love this game. I`m on most nights, and I usually play TDM but I can play anything.

PSN name is the_dude86

canadibus,
Top Bottom