Cloud Connoisseur Glass

ChooChooCharlie

Think that's far away enough?

Vertex-with-OGB-mouthpiece-and-dropdown.jpg

onmahgrizzyy

Currently using a small toro straight tube with an elev8 dropdown, vgoodiez passthrough, and shovelhead. Are the dropdowns available via vgoodiez the same as on CC website (not sure if I can link)? I'm thinking the extended passthrough may be a bit clunky with my setup. Should I go ahead and get the normal dropdown from vgoodiez?

onmahgrizzyy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

EarthworldTim

Currently using a small toro straight tube with an elev8 dropdown, vgoodiez passthrough, and shovelhead. Are the dropdowns available via vgoodiez the same as on CC website (not sure if I can link)? I'm thinking the extended passthrough may be a bit clunky with my setup. Should I go ahead and get the normal dropdown from vgoodiez?
Yes those are the 3 different dropdowns that are also available on the CC site. That extended drop down should fit most if not all 18mm piece joints, mine arrives today as a matter of fact.

I agree the extended pass through with carb got old fast for me, very clunky.

EarthworldTim

Which one is arriving for you today? Have you tried the regular dropdown with passthrough?
The extended drop-down, ASH5.

The regular dropdown, ASH1, works just fine it just doesn't fit the vertex joint because it needs more clearance. ASH2 fits the vertex fine but still lets too many particles pass through imo because it doesn't drop.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Cool. Ordering ASH1 now
Why not order the extended drop-down direct from Cloud Connoisseur?

Madtater

First rip off the protégé almost combusted…ABV was almost black and the rip didnt taste great. Had the zeal at 565. Next rip i need to pull harder and turn the SS zeal down A LOT.

Like it though. Amazing how much smoother the pull is and how open it feels compared to my other “cheap” glass. I also like the weight. My other seems MUCH heavier.

Gonna be some trial and error, but i will dial it in soon enough.😬

onmahgrizzyy

Why not order the extended drop-down direct from Cloud Connoisseur?
I think I'm going to prefer the non extended version for my setup. I'm using a toro so I think the clearance should be fine

onmahgrizzyy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

ChooChooCharlie

The "ash catcher with pass through" does catch stuff, even without the length of the extended dropdown. Used it on Roor for about a week:

CC-Ashcatcher-accumulation.jpg

Vgoodiez stock labeling:
This ash catcher is ASH2

The original drop down which doesn't fit Vertex is ASH1, it is best suited for joint protruding near bottom of rig, not for rigs with joint centered at top

The newest "large" or "extended" drop down which does fit Vertex is ASH5

Think these are attractive to those wanting an all-in-one solution, and like using the pass through plug clearing feature

This ASH2 ash catcher is not a drop down, I mis-spoke in a prior post calling it a drop down. It's a "lift-up," raising joint height almost 2 inches. The new large ASH5 lowers joint by a little over 1 inch, so it's a drop down. Not thrilled with raising joint height on a rig like Vertex or my sidecar Roor with joint centered at top

The ASH2 ash catcher pictured does work -- nearly as well as ASH5 at getting dirty before the rig does. The curved tube on ASH5 remains fairly clear relative to the inlet area, which is the same inlet design as ASH2. I feel and hear a slightly more restricted air flow using ASH5 with its added twists and turns, but that's only noticeable side by side. IMO, the new extended ASH5 drop down is the better choice, assuming of course that you really want/need the built-in pass through plug feature

The challenge is finding them in stock at either cc or vgoodiez

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Daaaaang:
3609771562.png

3609746454.png

Yeah the top one is like a fumed lake green that turned gray and blue! I was tempted by the bottom blue one for myself, but stuck with my original pink choice request! Looks like someone already snagged the other one:
The preview picture also has a fumed light green that someone else already chose...

coolbreeze

Yeah the top one is like a fumed lake green that turned gray and blue! I was tempted by the bottom blue one for myself, but stuck with my original pink choice request! Looks like someone already snagged the other one:
The preview picture also has a fumed light green that someone else already chose...
The fumed ones are amazing. I really love that one you got!

Top Bottom