Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone know of more/better pictures of the color options for the mini Influx and Protege V2? It's tough to tell from the current website pics. Thanks!

There are some in here but more maybe in the discord? The glass channel has a lot of the colors from different owners so you can see how they vary as well from the fume

jbm

14 only makes sense if that is what you have and want to stick with, theoretically it could milk a little quicker, but it will have more airflow restriction, slightly more compact ergonomics... The 18 would be more ideal for herbs, full air flow and still modular down to 14, likely a smoother hit, if ever slightly...
I ended up going with the 18; I almost never dab and this way I don’t have to buy another ash catcher. Thanks for the advice.

olivianewtonjohn

Awesome! Yeah they should be a good complimentary pair, they are both inline perc, but influx is only four holes so less diffusion compared to the protege V2 using a frit barrel, so it will hit much smoother, although it won't retain flavor quite as well... If you load more water you can also get the Swiss holes as part of the perk for even more motion and a little bit of recycle function, still will get flavor but it will be a smoother hit likely... You might not need to draw as long as influx potentially depending what you are going for, it will milk differently too, but both should be quite versatile and compliment each other well!

Im tempted to order but wondering if a SOL FAB and the protege V2 would overlap in function too much? I am anti having pieces that perform too similarly. What do you think?

Shit Snacks

Im tempted to order but wondering if a SOL FAB and the protege V2 would overlap in function too much? I am anti having pieces that perform too similarly. What do you think?

They are similar, yet different, Swiss holes like that are different than a full fab cylinder, also the shapes and water volumes are different between them, along with modularity of mouthpiece etc... And then the percs should also be different, I have not tried the inline frit barrel yet, but comparing fol to fountain frit disc (CaliBear and SamL straight fabs vs yhookah anguschen straight swiss) they are indeed similar yet noticeably different... The air flow through them and the diffusion level are different, but overall these do all fit sort of the same role, so it depends how much you like this style of piece, how much the little differences would be worth it to you, and for the price, if they would be complimentary etc...? For me, I really enjoy this style of piece, so the variants are fun to collect and rotate, although I do have my limits (sold the Gili Glass version, and will sell my OG protege, but getting the V2, plus I have vertex too, also happy with my three fabs and my other swiss piece with the right angles sooo) I will follow up and report back once I can test the prototype V2 to see how the inline frit barrel perc is to compare...

olivianewtonjohn

They are similar, yet different, Swiss holes like that are different than a full fab cylinder, also the shapes and water volumes are different between them, along with modularity of mouthpiece etc... And then the percs should also be different, I have not tried the inline frit barrel yet, but comparing fol to fountain frit disc (CaliBear and SamL straight fabs vs yhookah anguschen straight swiss) they are indeed similar yet noticeably different... The air flow through them and the diffusion level are different, but overall these do all fit sort of the same role, so it depends how much you like this style of piece, how much the little differences would be worth it to you, and for the price, if they would be complimentary etc...? For me, I really enjoy this style of piece, so the variants are fun to collect and rotate, although I do have my limits (sold the Gili Glass version, and will sell my OG protege, but getting the V2, plus I have vertex too, also happy with my three fabs and my other swiss piece with the right angles sooo) I will follow up and report back once I can test the prototype V2 to see how the inline frit barrel perc is to compare...
Ok I ordered pink bowl, ash catcher and V2

You are the voice of reason as usual

Shit Snacks

PXL-20240112-220845866.jpg

Protege V2 prototype testing is underway! So surprising how small in person, very nice to hold, this one is 14 (for both joints so smaller mouthpiece too) worked well dry with TM and wet with Tetra, fun with Halo:
PXL-20240113-043520772.jpg

^with Good Vibes bowl and mouthpiece

Madtater

Very excited for a smaller protégé, easily the smoothest glass I have and is a desk staple.

Here's a pic of my current set up:

Mouthpiece is a j hook from rogue wax works. It's been nice to swing it over for quick hits!
I love the inverted J hook as a mouthpiece.

That looks like it is buddah

condition

Hi guys, I want to experiment with the prophet, as I ended up with two units.
What is the mouthpiece connection diameter?
What do you suggest for custom mouthpiece? For example, I have a tinymight stem from good vibes boro, with spikes and marbles. Can I use it with an adapter? As well as a whip adapter...
Also, a drop-down with hollow chamber, is it worth is as precooler and for less cleaning of main unit?

condition,

Shit Snacks

Hi guys, I want to experiment with the prophet, as I ended up with two units.
What is the mouthpiece connection diameter?

14 mm female, so you need 14 mm adapter or mouthpiece (like a 45° angle adapter can go 14-18 to use a tetra mouthpiece with it for example) ... You could also use the prophet in reverse, with the little water, then the mouthpiece would be 18 mm male going into the 18 mm female side

What do you suggest for custom mouthpiece? For example, I have a tinymight stem from good vibes boro, with spikes and marbles. Can I use it with an adapter? As well as a whip adapter...

There is no way to connect a TM stem, unless it was a WPA, you need the ground glass connection.. GVB does make prophet mouthpieces however so we can request he makes some for the next drop, you could reach out for a specific color if you want or all clear, different style shape etc... Other people could make custom ones easily, I think there is a lot of options for something like that depending on what you want and where you want to go for it... Yes adapters, whip etc all fine

Also, a drop-down with hollow chamber, is it worth is as precooler and for less cleaning of main unit?

Sure, more use with water pieces, but still useful with prophet too, any drop down adapter is always useful in my book for a variety of reasons

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Thank you for detailed reply. I am thinking to order this drop down https://www.t-ehle.us/en/dabbing/adapter/drop-down-with-hollow-chamber.html but it seems too expensive and I would need another connector/adapter for my WPA.
download.jpg

Oh that is an interesting one that I've never seen before! Good style to fit deep dewar bubbler joints, but I actually don't think it would offer much extra cooling with that smooth hook curve there would be a little but that area above the joint going into the bub is not going to do anything really for cooling although it might look cool filling!

Top Bottom